Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    because why even do work for 120 lvl when u can delete 60 lvl so ppl think u 'did' work?
    its funny how we kept asking to make lvling relevant and rewarding, so they just destroyed lvling so we can get reward
    this is literally a big pile of garbage for a 'chance' to get reward, when i wanted lvling to be meaningful, i meant they f8cking work to make it meaningful, not delete half of lvling so it now 'looks' better

to all ppl who are defending this f8cking sh8t, will they give us reward every 0.5 lvl since the number is as u bullsh8t claim is irrelevant, or they did that on purpose so they give reward to lvling every 2 lvl so they cut their work in half and 'appear' they doing more work, while reality is they deleted half of the f8cking progress we spent years into just to look f8cking better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    Lol, this thread is still a thing, beware bois, all our achievements, mounts, flypaths etc are getting wiped out with this squish, we are losing the progression of 13+ years!!! oh wait we arent, the usual guys are just spouting nonsense in this echochamber, the only progression we are losing is gear, just like with every patch, now close this plox.
    they delete achievements if u didn't notice
    as someone who used to be hardcore raider in wrath and in top guild server-wise, i know they deleted many raid related achievements, so yes they keep delete older sh8t just to make the game look less intimidating for their potential newer players, because they know they can sh8t on their own loyal fans and they will eat that sh8t like chocolate because they have zero dignity
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    So is the useless level squish in the SL pre-patch
    It's not useless to Blizzard and the folks who have said 120 was a daunting number of levels to deal with. I'm not saying it's some amazing thing, I'm just saying they're doing it for a reason. Disagree with, or downplay the reason all you want, but the reason exists.

Citication needed for that claim!
    Which part?

They're implementing the squish when the level cap is 120....don't think I need to support that as you're talking about it here in your post.

As to not even thinking about it until level 100, that's when they implemented the first stat squish. Maybe I'm off a bit, but whenever they implemented it, they were thinking about it just before that. What source are you looking for here? This isn't some nebulous claim, it's pretty well known when they implemented the first stat squish.

If 60 AINT the magic number why its the max level in SL then and not 130?
    Because they want it to be 60? All I'm saying is that the numbers for levels didn't get to be daunting until well after 60, there's no reason to think that they won't let it grow to say 80, 90 or maybe even 100 before squishing again.

If that would be the truth they would get rid of it.
    Levels are a pretty core mechanic in RPGs, this being an MMORPG, they will likely never get rid of them.

Its not for "no reason" its called a RPG
    Yes there's a reason, but power levels are just a relative number, there's no reason they need to stay the same numbers they are now if smaller numbers are able to capture and show the relative strength/ power.

The number itself is pretty arbitrary, it's what that number represents that is meaningful. What the number represents isn't changing with the level squish.

these game did so well no one remembers them except 5 people who played them....
    This is meaningless drivel and you know it. No need to needlessly exaggerate or hilariously underplay how many players play those games just because you disagree with it or whatever. This just makes you sound ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaski View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are aware that this squish is primarily for new players that read the back of the box and reads that there are 120 levels to max and get discouraged right off jump (50-60 levels seems much more manageable). Having said that, this is the key reason, I think, why leveling content is needed in a way...to experience the WoW storylines. We don't yet know exactly how fast new players will level through & if I were a gambling man, I would wager that it would slow down to the point where you won't be able to move on to the next zone until you finished the first. Like I said to another person, you are criticizing the leveling experience, not leveling in general.
    the problem is when i at least asked for better lvling experience i meant improve current one, not go the lazy road and remove half of older one
    i wanted a lvling system similar to i admit vanilla-tbc-wrath where every couple of lvls u learn something new, and was excited hoping they do that for a whole 120 lvl, instead they won't do it, they will do at best half of that work for 50 lvl only, something that already exist in game just spread on 120 lvl instead of 50
    in other words they will do absolutely NOTHING to improve it, they will just reduce the amount of xp needed a lot, which probably is done only because boost sales is zero not out of any f8ck given to playerbase
    I also don't like at all the idea that DK and DH will start the same as other classes, what about monk insane xp buff, will they delete it from game after they made it stop at lvl 90 i think (or 100? can't recall), which made monk lvl faster than DK even if DK start at 55 and monk at 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Well, what retail needs is a gold reset at this point.

There have been too many moments in retail that exploited gold gain, be it guildmaster +10% gold to guildbank perk, or WoD garrison farm. If you missed these periods, you're basically fucked.

Goldreset to 0 gold, + all items in your inventory = soulbound, would fix the whole system and reset the WoW economy.
    i won't be surprised if that happens, but for that to happen first wow need an influx of new players that far outweight older players, blizz reward to loyalty is already shown, sh8tting on them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because, this expansion is the same old shit, only trying to be a little more like Classic.
    Then don’t play and relieve us one one more like you

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is ridiculous, dude.

I've played since literally beta, so way longer than you, and I think the level squish is great. It's absolutely not a "slap in the face". It's a necessary reduction, and completely sensible. If you're really concerned about it, I think you need to take a long, hard look at why some numbers are concerning you so very much.
    People have the right to fell however they want to feel. I agree with OP. It is in no way necessary. You need to stop trying to dictate to others how to feel.

At this point all I've done in WoW feels more a burden than an achievement, so I really don't mind more radical reforms.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The level squish is awesome!

They just need to add reputation by account or account/faction.

No sane person on the world would believe that the level squish is a bad thing. Just a fact.

I've got an idea:

An addon that puts a "130" on top of the "60".

Maybe they could even calculate your current level and XP and grant you YOUR RIGHTFUL LEVEL™ instead of the yucky one.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an unusual thread. It's not like levelling takes very long these days...

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I just found this thread and I'm amazed people like the OP can get dressed each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If anything they should reset more.

WoD garrisons, etc. At this point, a total gold reset to zero, while every single item in your inventory becoming soulbound + worth 0 copper in vendormoney would reset the economy properly. After 10+ years the ingame economy could use a reboot.
    They did this essentially with the gold sink mounts and tokens (they delete gold from the game) , no reason to shortchange players like that, that would be a gigantic slap in the face to many players.
    Im generally always broke btw and have never bought a gold sink mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The level squish is awesome!

They just need to add reputation by account or account/faction.
    As an altoholic i dig this, i dig it alot!
    Rep gear is never even impactful and would make great catch up gear for alts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People have the right to fell however they want to feel. I agree with OP. It is in no way necessary. You need to stop trying to dictate to others how to feel.
    Most levels arent necessary since they give you nothing, the squish just removes the boring levels and leaves the good ones, and none of those numbers matter at max level anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely sure why this thread still exists, no one is losing anything by squishing the levels from 120 to 60.
    It's literally just a number, your character still exists and everything you've done on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Most levels arent necessary since they give you nothing, the squish just removes the boring levels and leaves the good ones, and none of those numbers matter at max level anyway
    Your opinion. I believe all leels are important because it gains you power. It is an accomplishment. Those are now being taken away. That is how I feel no matter how you try to dictate otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Not entirely sure why this thread still exists, no one is losing anything by squishing the levels from 120 to 60.
    It's literally just a number, your character still exists and everything you've done on it.
    What you say is nothing is something to other players. TO many of us, earning each of those numbers meant we achieved something. People really need to stop trying to dictate and arbitrate how others should feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    No sane person on the world would believe that the level squish is a bad thing. Just a fact.
    Not a fact AT ALL. And you are not the arbiter of who is sane either. That is massive projection of your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you say is nothing is something to other players. TO many of us, earning each of those numbers meant we achieved something. People really need to stop trying to dictate and arbitrate how others should feel.
    .. But those numbers are completely arbitrary. You can make a system that has 2 levels and one that has 480 levels, and they can have the exact same amount of XP required to level cap.
    The number of levels you have are completely meaningless, it doesn't make sense to be attached to that.

Your achievements aren't gone, they're in your achievements tab, aswell as the transmog you have and the memories you've collected over the years.

.. But those numbers are completely arbitrary. You can make a system that has 2 levels and one that has 480 levels, and they can have the exact same amount of XP required to level cap.
    The number of levels you have are completely meaningless, it doesn't make sense to be attached to that.

Your achievements aren't gone, they're in your achievements tab, aswell as the transmog you have and the memories you've collected over the years.
    You aren't going to get through to them, these are the kind of people that are looking for reasons to be outraged. They want to completely ignore how the game will feel for new players and the new ones we would have lost that won't be discouraged for seeing 120+ levels before they can do endgame. Or how each level will feel more rewarding since instead of getting something maybe every few levels they can make it so that at every level you gain something.

No, they just want to cling to the flimsy idea that they're losing something, that somehow their effort means less because because a number that's only loosely connected to power is going down. Even though their characters will still be just as strong, and only the number representing that power will be changing.

Again, you opinion. Again, you and the others are not the arbiters of how I should feel about it. I EARNED those levels. I ACHIEVED those levels. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for me to feel attached to them. Stop trying to dictate to me how I should feel because only I can tell myself how to feel..

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you opinion. Again, you and the others are not the arbiters of how I should feel about it. I EARNED those levels. I ACHIEVED those levels. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for me to feel attached to them. Stop trying to dictate to me how I should feel because only I can tell myself how to feel..
    What you earned were memories and experiences, the number on your character screen doesn't make or break that.
    If you're this attached to numbers, I am unsure how you've survived the last number squishes we've had..

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    You aren't going to get through to them, these are the kind of people that are looking for reasons to be outraged. They want to completely ignore how the game will feel for new players and the new ones we would have lost that won't be discouraged for seeing 120+ levels before they can do endgame. Or how each level will feel more rewarding since instead of getting something maybe every few levels they can make it so that at every level you gain something.

No, they just want to cling to the flimsy idea that they're losing something, that somehow their effort means less because because a number that's only loosely connected to power is going down. Even though their characters will still be just as strong, and only the number representing that power will be changing.
    I just don't understand how people percieve that they're losing something, when they're going to be just as powerful as before, the numbers are just different.
    Going from doing 1m damage to a mob that has 10mil hp to doing 100 damage to a mob that has 1000 hp is still the same amount of power, just different numbers, and I don't get why people would be upset about that.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2019-11-13 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post

I don't carte about new players. You want a way to keep all those levels without it being discuraging? You speed up leveling to make it go faster. And many of us feel rewarded enough as it is. You are not the arbiter of how we should feel about the game nor are you the sole arbiter of if the game is better or not. For many of us, the game is now worse. Your opinions are not fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't carte about new players. You want a way to keep all those levels without it being discuraging? You speed up leveling to make it go faster. And many of us feel rewarded enough as it is. You are not the arbiter of how we should feel about the game nor are you the sole arbiter of if the game is better or not. For many of us, the game is now worse. Your opinions are not fact.
    If you speed up the leveling to the point where you hit cap in an afternoon, leveling loses any sense of achievement it may have, so you're effectively making the experience worse for everyone else to maintain your 'sense of achievement'.

That's awfully egotistic.