Thread: PVP ruined PVE

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

PVP ruined PVE

Don't know if others share the same opinion, but I think the GCD change is game breaking for PVE. I understand if they only applied it to PVP, but to me, the overall effect it's been having on the game is too big to simply accept as a "balancing act". The gameplay itself feels broken. Why not just apply it to PVP only? Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by dontruinwow View Post
    Don't know if others share the same opinion, but I think the GCD change is game breaking for PVE. I understand if they only applied it to PVP, but to me, the overall effect it's been having on the game is too big to simply accept as a "balancing act". The gameplay itself feels broken. Why not just apply it to PVP only? Win win.
    It has been like that since Cata, you know. Because stronger classes = no problem in PVE, cuz Blizzard could simply increase boss HP/dmg, but one-shots in PVP. Stronger healers? No problems in PVE, cuz Blizzard could simply increase incoming dmg, but immortal healers in PVP. Same for tanks. Etc. PVE - no matter, how many buttons you have, cuz PVE is about pressing them at right moment or in right order. PVP - more simple class mechanics = win. That's why 3-button style specs were so popular back in that time, when not all classes were 3-button style. So Blizzard simply decided to turn all specs into 3-button style ones in order to make them equally popular.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Not at all, the GCD was the result of pruning not pvp.

/thiscrappythread.

We have said this since vanilla. PvP has always been messing up PvE. If anything it got better in Legion when they decided to actually try to differentiate how powerful your abilities are between PvE and PvP. Still messing it up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitists ruined the game, top elitist now game-director. 1+1=2

/thread

Pvp is a cancer for the game since they gived free epics with same power level than raid for doing 10 arenas in tbc, rank13 and 14 epics used to be naxxramas power for some classes(nearly worthless or bwl for others) but it requires months and months of no life pvp. Gladiator gear in tbc? Literally invented the free epics

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Elitists ruined the game, top elitist now game-director. 1+1=2

/thread
    The game was largely founded by elite raiders.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

I'd dare to say that rather devs themselves doomed game to such result, losing control of their offspring. They had completely working system (maybe it wasn't quite “polished” enough, PvP vs PvE, but it was and worked), but they cut it out and now it's gone... which led to fact that all those problems, that it solved, showed up again to make themself known. More here +(+/+) (spoiler: unexpectedly, this isn't about GCD, but fully about characteristics' system)

To tell you the truth, game doesn't currently have separate PvP system in general, its presence isn't being provided, and followers of this field of activity in game being tried to forcefully shove by devs into darkest places of Azeroth so that they sit there and don't bother anyone. What else can be said here after they replaced PvP-servers by wide BG and call it a day *disapproving head shaking*
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-12-09 at 10:44 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

GCD change has never been a pvp only change. They even explained why they are doing it based on a pve example. It's supposed to slow down the game and avoid 1 button macros. For pve and pvp.
    So Pvp didn't ruin Pve which isn't ruined.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The pvp ranks you describe always belonged to players who never interacted with pve so your argument is completely redundant. No "free epics" were ever given its a known fact that pve gear was always better for both scenarios and was only surpassed in pvp by items with resilience which was useless for pve.

The only thing one can "accuse" pvp of is the changes in skills to prevent one shots but even that was never an issue for pve players.

- - - Updated - - -

The game was/is largely funded by casuals though. Guess who wins in corporate terms.

Pls learn to read, tbc gladiator gear = free epics, classic rank gear? Not free epics

Tbc pvp gear was equal to tier and raid gear in power level and it was FREE(you get your gear just by playing your weekly 10 games, your skill and ranking only determined how fast you get your gear), resillence was outside stat budget. Pve gear was weaker for pvp aside from legendaries and trinkets(and early seasons crafting bs 2h mace for warriors and his overpowered stun proc)
    Last edited by azkhane; 2019-12-06 at 11:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played WoW in a great many years, but I remember some cooldowns already triggering the GCD and it annoyed the hell out of me. They made it feel as if the cooldown wasn't worth casting.

Also, activating multiple cooldowns becomes a pain. You either waste seconds or you have to decide not to activate them together.

The way I see it: Well crap, guys, we can't make it balanced. Oh, I know, let's just put it all on the GCD and be done with it. Cheap, effective, not a care in the world.
    Statix will suffice.

Let me teach you (I would say "remind you" but you obviously haven't played TBC) that pvp shoulders and weapons in TBC were "locked" behind ratings 1.8k and 2.2k that were not achievable by the vast majority of casual players.

On contrary, every bad in game could pay a few real life money or beg someone for a spot in a raid where depending on pure luck of the dice they could get 1-10 items per week (your average arena casual needed at least 2 weeks of 10 wins per week to get 1 item).

So whats your argument here? That the 1-3% of GLADIATOR RANKS could get gear on par with that was given for free in raids? (There was no mythic raids back then and the average raid tier was today's heroic so basically ez mode).

And don't get me started with legendaries like glaives that were also thrown left and right for practically little to no effort, channelled according to guild politics and not skill or worth, and then used in order to destroy gladiator ranks in arena by bullying their way to the top with OP raid gear.

Come again, who must learn to read mate? I guess its you.
    Let me "remind" you that rating requirements started in season 3, and 1800 was a piece of cake even for subpar specs/classes i knew that because i played all the seasons in tbc, season 3 and 4 with a subpar class and spec alt holy paladin getting to 2300 on 2vs2 with that shit on s3 literally the only holy paladin beyond 2k on my battlegroup

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The game was largely founded by elite raiders.
    Which elite raiders founded WoW?

In every sense of the word, WoW is a game for casuals. Always has been, always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    GCD change has never been a pvp only change. They even explained why they are doing it based on a pve example. It's supposed to slow down the game and avoid 1 button macros. For pve and pvp.
    So Pvp didn't ruin Pve which isn't ruined.
    Slowing down the game is the worst possible decision. Nobody has fun pressing a cooldown, or even multiple cooldowns in a row while waiting for GCD's with nothing happening. The best joke is having cooldowns with an 8 second duration being subject to a 1.5s GCD. I mean what even in the fuck were they thinking, almost as hilarious as having split second tank reaction abilities on the GCD.

Fast satisfying gameplay > Slow deliberate gameplay any day of the week. This is a real time combat based MMORPG, not online chess.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Which elite raiders founded WoW?

In every sense of the word, WoW is a game for casuals. Always has been, always will be.
    Rob Pardo, Jeff Kaplan, Alex Afrasiabi and more. They were all hardcore EQ players.

7+ Year Old Account
    f'in hell. Are you folks on all sides not done bashing each other yet? PvP/PvE did not ruin the game. Whiny idiots who take on an elitist attitude without the reason to have ruined the game, and these people exist in all aspects..... Raiding...M+....PvP, you name it.

Start treating this game like a game and maybe you'll live better lives as a whole. geez.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard simply decided to turn all specs into 3-button style ones in order to make them equally popular.
    Sure, if you don't mind single digit parses you can play a 3 button rotation. Hell, you can press no buttons and just auto-attack.

Not sure what your fascination is with making up utter bullshit. Best guess is that your sole aim here is just to try to trigger people. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    f'in hell. Are you folks on all sides not done bashing each other yet? PvP/PvE did not ruin the game. Whiny idiots who take on an elitist attitude without the reason to have ruined the game, and these people exist in all aspects..... Raiding...M+....PvP, you name it.

Start treating this game like a game and maybe you'll live better lives as a whole. geez.
    May not have ruined it, but PvP definitely has negatively impacted PvE over the years, to the point where I oppose PvP on a basic level and wish it had never been added as a part of the game (not that I want it taken away mind you)

of course what happens when you put pvp in a pve game

If you have played then you surely remember that the first 2 seasons were SHIT GEAR that couldnt even get you invited in an HC dungeon. The important gear popped at S3 indeed but by that time players already had time to glaives and using them in arena. When I had S1 gear two things happened: 1) I was called out for using "welfare epics" and 2) the gear was so bad that I left it in storage and went double time pve to support my pvp habit.
    you do realize that his point was that pvp gave "welfare epics" and you just claimed/supported that with your point #1