Thread: Post Your UI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuteSalo View Post
    Thats beutilful Shade, wish I had that time and effort to maintain something like this!
    Thnx but already changing it, decided I want a more MAW look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    awesome, you keeping it updated for the masses too? I'm looking forward to using it on a couple of chars

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not completely done but working on this atm.

Youtube vid: (short)
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZjCzeNjvrfo
    @Shade, here I am waiting on you to update the Shadowlands weak auras on WAGO, and you come out with this awesome looking work. Bravo, looks great. Waiting on updates lol. Thank you for sharing your work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldmanG View Post
    @Shade, here I am waiting on you to update the Shadowlands weak auras on WAGO, and you come out with this awesome looking work. Bravo, looks great. Waiting on updates lol. Thank you for sharing your work.
    DANG! Ah yes forgot I uploaded those, could have downloaded them myself. My hdd went to the shadowlands and joined the Venthyr (it died) and I had no external backup of my add-on folder so started over with the one I posted above. Sorry m8 :S

Anyway, I started from scratch again. The next GUI will blow the lasts ones out of the water

DANG! Ah yes forgot I uploaded those, could have downloaded them myself. My hdd went to the shadowlands and joined the Venthyr (it died) and I had no external backup of my add-on folder so started over with the one I posted above. Sorry m8 :S

Anyway, I started from scratch again. The next GUI will blow the lasts ones out of the water
    Friend thx for your artwork =) Will u update the UI on WAGO?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not likely, will make a new post when done.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

It's all good Shade, these are awesome ui's you come up with.

UI is still under construction, but it suit's my needs of super minimalistic, yet effective UI.
    DPS and Tanking Version. Healing version just has my party/raid frames moved next (or below character) to Player HP bar with 75-80% transparency.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Gurg wow really nice! But where are your rotation-buttons ? Or how do you know a skill is of CD ?

Hey, quick question. As most of the UI Ive seen from you have customs frames, I cant help to ask, how long does it takes to you to draw the art for your UIs (once you already have the image in your mind, and how long including thinking on what image will be)?

@Gurg wow really nice! But where are your rotation-buttons ? Or how do you know a skill is of CD ?
    Seeing your UIs i feel like a beginner, so a compliment coming from you means a lot! TY!

Im still not satisfied with the looks, but i have enough time to complete it for Shadowlands.

Here's how UI looks solo in combat

First of all - im not progressively raiding, im M+ runner so i don't have a lot of needs for DBM or similar addons.
    If i do, i would probably position them above my character.

Icon below the character is modded "Hekili" rotation addon with custom rotation.

"Doom_CooldownPulse" addon with 15-20% occupancy which pulses over "Hekili" button.
    or "OZCooldown" addon with same occupancy below my main bar.

Lower-Left is actually my main action bar, next to my buffs.

All buttons are macros with 3 different modifiers (Ctrl, Shift, Alt).
    They also have different conditions - in and out of combat, target, harm, help - effectively allowing me to bind a lot of different spells on one button.
    Keybind and spell layout are pretty much the same across all my characters so muscle memory does its thing.

Example macros:

Spoiler: 

My Resto Shaman's macro for one button:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat, dead, help] Ancestral Spirit; 
    [mod:shift, help] Chain Heal;
    [help, nodead] Healing Surge;
    [nomod, harm] Lava Burst;
    [mod:shift, harm] Lightning Bolt;
    [@player] Healing Surge;

My general mount macro, replace "Ghost Wolf" with class movement ability or w/e:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [swimming] Azure Water Strider;
    [indoors] Ghost Wolf;
    [flyable,nocombat] Red Flying Cloud;
    [combat,outdoors] Ghost Wolf;
    /use [nocombat,outdoors,noswimming,noflyable] Azure Water Strider;
    /dismount [mounted]

Im still experimenting with this macro.
    My rogue macro for one button which changes spells depending on the spec:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [spec:1,nostance,nomod]Mutilate;[spec:1]Garrote;
    /cast [spec:2,mod]Feint;[spec:2]Sinister Strike;
    /cast [spec:3,mod]Shuriken Storm;[spec:3,nostance]Backstab;[spec:3]Shadowstrike;
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-04-25 at 03:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    Hey, quick question. As most of the UI Ive seen from you have customs frames, I cant help to ask, how long does it takes to you to draw the art for your UIs (once you already have the image in your mind, and how long including thinking on what image will be)?
    Depends, sometimes I clearly have an idea in mind before I even start and it can be as quick as 1hr. But often when I'm not working or playing WoW I am just messing around with new GUI ideas and styles I never even plan using, I just need an outlet for the creative urges. With that messing around it happens that I suddenly have a concept what I really like and I decide to translate it to a full interface.

Don't get me started on when the art is (mostly) done and how much time goes in Weakaura, even with lots of code snippets it takes me 4 to 6 hrs getting everything right and working as intended. But that is mostly me wanting silly stuff like folding windows and animated overlays over artwork and buttons.

So even if it takes a lot of time it really is just a hobby of mine besides playing the game with friends, my dad (61!, top dps in the guild) and guildmates.

I don't have screenshot of everything I made, here are a few:

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891
    https://i.imgur.com/MI4yokO.jpg - 1hr and used some interface elements from Silver. (my first attempt)

https://i.imgur.com/2pRxbms.jpg - just a concept 30min at most

https://i.imgur.com/BRj5rOF.jpg - ~5hrs for the UI, + custom buttons*. (had them change from orange/red to purple depending on Entropic Embrace (racial))

https://i.imgur.com/IVJYjVm.jpg - just a concept 30min at most

https://i.imgur.com/WXZJzhV.jpg - 2 hrs for the UI, + atleast 4 hrs to get it working the way I want. :S

https://i.imgur.com/noZ4ID9.jpg - ~4 hrs for the UI (current ui)

* cool but an insane amount of work :S
    Work in progress:
    Spoiler: 

Last edited by shade3891; 2020-04-25 at 10:28 AM.

Not completely done but working on this atm.
    That ui in the video looks really awesome! Is it available for download for others to use anywhere?

youtube .com /watch?v=Xtmgmpu9IdY

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souillon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtmgmpu9IdY

fixed the link for you
    also your ui looks not bad!

That bag opening gave me a minor heartattack

youtube.com/watch?v=Xtmgmpu9IdY

That UI is very minimal and clean, perfect for tanking ( and healing ) totally love it!

Another great design.
    Will you be sharing it at some point?
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Sure why not

Here's the Elvui profile
    pastebin. com/D6XXMwvS

And that's the Weakaura in the middle for all my CD (If something doesn't works it may be because my game is in French so you might have to change the ID of some spells)
    pastebin. com/TjqE5UMu

OOC

IC
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2020-04-28 at 04:37 AM.