Poll: Would you?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No but this is a Poorly worded poll title.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it works well for swtor
    Does it work well for a dead game? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Sparkle Pony says "haha Money Printer goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
    Unfortunately.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    I'm honestly fine with mounts and certain small transmog stuff being sold at the shop.
    FFXIV does the very same thing with a sub model, yet I don't see half the amount of shit directed towards them as is directed against Blizzard for essentially the same thing.
    Let's protect our own interest as players. Who care about what FFXIV does.

wtf am i reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Because running the same raid over and over again with a weekly lockout for a 0.1% drop chance is so much fun...
    Because opening your wallet and tossing more money at a game that you pay a monthly sub for is so much fun...

If they go the route of putting more and more on the shop, even though yes you can turn gold into Blizz balance, I'd probably reconsider continuing an active sub. I feel they already put too much on the store for a game that has a monthly sub.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally wouldn't be a fan, since rewarding transmog looks through content is one of the strongest drivers they have for player engagement, and being able to snag an entire set all at once from the shop, no matter how cool looking, would really diminish its value, IMO. Even similar concepts, like the Eternal Traveller set and the new Recruit-a-Friend set are designed in such a way that you have to earn them over time, so it feels like they recognize that.

For me it would just be a step too far, I think. I wouldn't entirely be opposed to bundled cosmetic packages if handled like the SL deluxe stuff, but I also wouldn't want it to be a regular, frequent addition to the game. I think they'd be better served by having more seasonal content earnable in-game in such a way that players are just encouraged to stay subbed to earn the new cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Does it work well for a dead game? Interesting.
    swtor isn't dead at all player-wise, feels more lively than WoW does (granted it's because there's less servers). it is somewhat dead in terms of content production, however the scale of the game is absolutely massive it's taken me months of active playing just to do all of the main stories and that's with skipping all of the side stories. EA just isn't willing to allocate the funds for major development anymore so they just do small expansions these days. they do make the majority of their money off the cosmetic store though

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had an issue with it. FFXIV does it but I also know that is an entirely different community. I have never been one to really care if they sold cosmetics on the shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    NO! For the love of god no. I play SWtOR too and I do not want WoW to end up like it. All the the non shop gear is either super basic or hideous. With all the looks in the shop the designers have no interest in making good looking sets for the game. Blizz already skirts this line with mounts in the store but community outcry keeps them in check.
    This is my main concern.
    I have played other MMO's where all the good looking stuff is in the shop and trust me it isn't fun.
    I want to look good but I want to look good by playing the game, not shell out money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have never and will never spend anything on the shop. The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    Every item on there IS obtainable from simply playing. Just use you gold to buy a token and redeem and use that to purchase the items. Easy peasy.

itd have no value to me, i look at games like poe and people who have store armor i just think "meh"

No, because I don't really care that much about transmog. I buy mounts and pets but that's mostly because I want to have as many of them as possible in my collection. The actual mounts I use are the rarest ones / hardest ones I can get in the actual game itself.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    If we had that instead of the subscription, yeah, sure, why not. If they try to introduce that while keeping the sub, i will personally fly to their HQ and fuck the Thrall statue in front of it in a way that will force them to melt it down and throw the scraps in the sea.
    You pay your sub to play the game as is. Any further entitlements you think you have are just that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    If they dropped the sub fee, and put transmog/mounts and other such things in the shop I would most likely support them that way, but for 18$ CND a month It should all be in game imo.
    Yeah, look at your flexing your 50 cents a day you're giving to Blizzard.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

If they looked good I’d get them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Kick people cause of a transmog helm....?
    I would do mounts as well but it's rare they are shown in dungeon.

Help make the community you want don't just expect it to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    As a sign of protest to the cash shop, there were mass kicks from groups for anyone wearing the store helm. It got so bad that people were forced to transmog out of it for groups.
    Seems pretty pathetic to do that. To ostracize someone purely on something that is cosmetic doesn’t make any sense. Seems like people who do that you wouldn’t want to group up with them at all.

I’d much rather buy unlocked new allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect to see it again any time soon. I don't use the store for anything although I have a couple of mounts that were given to me as gifts. I could not care less about people who use the store. It's their money. It's none of my business.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-06-11 at 07:45 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by protpaul View Post
    I would do mounts as well but it's rare they are shown in dungeon.

Help make the community you want don't just expect it to appear.
    And you want a crap community? Seems odd.