The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The fact of the matter is that there's been flagrant hypocrisy on this issue from both Dems and Republicans....assuming that you care.
    Once again, you seem reluctant to pay attention to either reality or facts. The only hypocrisy is from the Republicans. Breaking their own rule re SCOTUS and just about everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The Senate followed procedure in 2016. The McConnell Rule states that when the Senate is held by an opposing party to the President, the Senate waits until after the Presidential election if a vacancy in the Supreme Court happens during an election year. Sorry to be the bearer of grim facts.
    You'd have to have facts to bear them. Sorry Sean Hannitys hand up your ass doesn't count.

The "McConnell rule" did not initially say that. Like all conservatives when inconvenienced by a rule he made up he simply modified it it suit his needs and the whole nonsense about which party did what came later after he realized he boxed himself in. But luckily they have people like you. People they can state the dog shit I'm your hand is actually chocolate and you should eat it. And by golly you'll go back for seconds with a smile.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's been "fucking on" ever since Kavanaugh. Republicans will never forget.
    Certainly has. The GOP has a real problem finding people who aren't sexual assaulters. Resident Trump. SCOTUS Kavanaugh. Indeed the GOP will never forget, the Democrats will never let them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    The "McConnell rule" did not initially say that.
    Go ahead and provide evidence. I'm intrigued.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to have facts to bear them. Sorry Sean Hannitys hand up your ass doesn't count.

The "McConnell rule" did not initially say that. Like all conservatives when inconvenienced by a rule he made up he simply modified it it suit his needs and the whole nonsense about which party did what came later after he realized he boxed himself in. But luckily they have people like you. People they can state the dog shit I'm your hand is actually chocolate and you should eat it. And by golly you'll go back for seconds with a smile.
    Indeed. The rule was no SCOTUS votes during an election year - going back 90 years. There is no "McConnell Rule" - there literally aren't any rules he follows except "How Can I Fuck Over the American People Today". And that rule he follows...religiously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one claiming "The McConnel Rule".

Link it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You have the quotes - they are literally in this thread. There was no caveat to which President is which party vs Senate party. It was all "this close to an election".

I forgot, some of you struggle with facts. Here:

Notice no party affiliation mentioned.... Shout if you have any other questions - we're not going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You have the quotes -
    I see no disconnect. 2016 was a very different situation in that Obama was a lame duck. You guys can't handle reality, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no disconnect. 2016 was a very different situation in that Obama was a lame duck. You guys can't handle reality, it seems.
    Be careful moving those goalposts, you might fall off the edge

The Democrats' ongoing message moving forward should be simple - TRUST. Just ask the same questions. Can you trust a liar? If someone gives you their word and backs out on it, do you respect them? Should you put any faith in them in the future? And if you do, why?

The GOP has broken promises to the American people and it is clear this leadership should no longer be trusted to lead moving forward. What they have shown us that is clearly only working for their own personal interests, and not for the American people.

And this is important too...why in the midst of dealing with a global pandemic, the GOP Senate's highest priority is sitting judges when people are literally dying each day? We've seen the GOP Leader essentially sit on bills for months - some bills that can provide aid and help those who have lost so much. Instead, they jumped at the opportunity of a vacant judge seat like vultures and made everything else going on irrelevant.

There are no both sides to this. The GOP are willing accomplices to everything this administration did and want to do and when the many opportunities were presented to stand up for the American people, they stood still. The countless lives lost during this period is on their hands as well.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Oh the ironing....lol.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-said-in-2016/

You can read his speech, given ten days after Antonin Scalia’s death, here in the Congressional Record. The point he was making is clear: The Senate is not expected to confirm Supreme Court nominees during an election year, especially when the president is of the opposing party. While he certainly used some “let the people decide” rhetoric — and also quoted statements from Joe Biden taking a broader stance against election-year nominations — at no point did McConnell announce a general principle that the Senate should never confirm nominees in these times, even when the majority party wants to.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't even know what a lame duck means? Wow.

Counting on a Republican to do the right thing is like asking for a fuck when they have a pocket full of them, and they won't give you one.

*Shamelessly stolen from Chris Rock.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there went my modicum of hope for him.

In the end though . . . it was only ever a modicum.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    GG democracy

2016: "How dare the Dems use a vacant court seat to blackmail me into voting for Hillary"

Fuck these posters.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-09-22 at 02:41 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the flat earther.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama wasn't up for re-election is the point... or wasn't that obvious?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're...you're citing an article summarizing something, not McConnell's words. Do you know what a speech quote is?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Obama wasn't up for re-election is the point... or wasn't that obvious?
    You still don't know what a lame duck president is...read up, get back to us, we'll be here with any questions.

(hint - was Obama a "lame duck" president in 2014? )