Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    She was attacking Trump. That did not happen with Biden..
    Pressing him on an issue and trying to get him to answer it, or fact-checking him in real time, isn't an attack. That we've sunk so low that what used to be bog-standard debate practice is now considered an "attack" is depressing.

And maybe that didn't happen with Biden anywhere near as much as with Trump because he could answer questions? Because he wasn't making shit up? Y'all expect them to be treated the same as if they act the same. Biden didn't spend yesterday morning trash talking ABC and the moderator before showing up to his debate. Trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pressing him on an issue and trying to get him to answer it, or fact-checking him in real time, isn't an attack. That we've sunk so low that what used to be bog-standard debate practice is now considered an "attack" is depressing.

And maybe that didn't happen with Biden anywhere near as much as with Trump because he could answer questions? Because he wasn't making shit up? Y'all expect them to be treated the same as if they act the same. Biden didn't spend yesterday morning trash talking ABC and the moderator before showing up to his debate. Trump did.
    Exactly. They were treated differently because they acted differently. Biden didn't screech at his moderator every time he was asked a question he didn't like. He sucked it up and answered. Trump started howling like a child every time he was given a question he couldn't answer with "I do the best things."

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    is it physically possible to sleep for the next 25 days?

anyone got Michel Jackson's doctors name and number??
    If you had the money you could be sent into an artificial coma.
    I dunno what else could work.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Exactly. They were treated differently because they acted differently. Biden didn't screech at his moderator every time he was asked a question he didn't like. He sucked it up and answered. Trump started howling like a child every time he was given a question he couldn't answer with "I do the best things."
    This is my issue with people whining about the NBC moderator. The biden townhall was chill because biden is actually both prepared and WILLING to actually answer questions. Even the one he does not want to go on about he at least explains his reasoning well. Trump gets super defensive and struggles with even the most softball questions. The whole Qanon thing should not be a trap question it should be something you just go of course I don't support that are you nuts and then move on.

.NEW: A Cleveland company that agreed to print absentee ballots for dozens of counties in OH and PA is 10 days late in getting them to voters.

The company's owners are Trump supporters and flew a Trump flag at their HQ.

https://t.co/tAsKXQlOJL
    https://twitter.com/reidepstein/stat...144685569?s=19

Can't make this up. How many different methods have they tried to halt mail in voting. Amazing how one party is really trying to stop democracy.

Now the story is they are just overwhelmed. I did tag a tweet that mentions the Trump flag. My reason is it seems like a solid possibility of why and support for Trump.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    This is my issue with people whining about the NBC moderator. The biden townhall was chill because biden is actually both prepared and WILLING to actually answer questions. Even the one he does not want to go on about he at least explains his reasoning well. Trump gets super defensive and struggles with even the most softball questions. The whole Qanon thing should not be a trap question it should be something you just go of course I don't support that are you nuts and then move on.
    It also helps that Biden doesn't lie - while Trump spews lies and hatred with almost every breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Can't make this up. How many different methods have they tried to halt mail in voting. Amazing how one party is really trying to stop democracy.

Now the story is they are just overwhelmed. I did tag a tweet that mentions the Trump flag. My reason is it seems like a solid possibility of why and support for Trump.
    Hopefully voter turnout will be so great that voter suppression techniques like the above just won't affect the outcome.

Also - anyone see Biden creating a new Cabinet position? Secretary of Elections (stupid name, someone make it better).

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It also helps that Biden doesn't lie - while Trump spews lies and hatred with almost every breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully voter turnout will be so great that voter suppression techniques like the above just won't affect the outcome.

Also - anyone see Biden creating a new Cabinet position? Secretary of Elections (stupid name, someone make it better).
    We really need some election bill. Yes, won’t get into specifics but seems we have much ground to cover.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

This kind of chicanery is somewhat compensated by huge early in-person voting turnout and people hand delivering their ballots (instead of using the USPS). In some states more than 50% of the requested mail in ballots ended up being hand delivered.

Some interesting numbers. AP analysis of the early vote shows 8% of early voters had never cast a ballot before, and 13.8% had voted in half or fewer of previous elections for which they were eligible.

I also posted before that 26 percent of the early voters in NC did not vote in the 2016 General Election. I can't find the national data. But I suspect that it is pretty large also.

Louisiana started early voting today. Long lines but wait time is reasonable 40 minutes.

CA District 21 will probably go back to GOP. T.J. Cox sucks.

Although we should get 25 back. Hopefully we can win 50, which is going to be very very close, and ended up breaking even.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Early votes in Vermont is now at 42.7% of 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    is it physically possible to sleep for the next 25 days?

anyone got Michel Jackson's doctors name and number??
    I have some good whisky recommendation if you need. Suntori is the good shit

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We really need some election bill. Yes, won’t get into specifics but seems we have much ground to cover.
    I was thinking Stacy Abrams would be the person to either spearhead the bill for Biden or take up the "Secretary of Election Oversight" (still a shitty name - help!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I have some good whisky recommendation if you need. Suntori is the good shit
    Election Day is going to be...worth slow drinking through. Whiskey is the obvious choice, but my god damn tolerance is so low, I think I'm going to have to settle on wine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Election Day is going to be...worth slow drinking through. Whiskey is the obvious choice, but my god damn tolerance is so low, I think I'm going to have to settle on wine.
    I have a whole packet of edible sour belts and a planned replay of the Master Chief Collection planned for Election Day, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

She was attacking Trump. That did not happen with Biden. I think town halls should be focused on what the citizens at them ask each candidate and the moderator should mainly just sit back and let them ask the questions and the candidate answer them.

I watched the Hannity town hall and was very disappointed. It was mainly a time for Hannity to talk and Trump. Only 4 people got to ask their questions. That is not what I want to see in a town hall.
    She questioned his answers, cus they were lies or just outright idiotic. Pointing out that a person is lying or being willfully obtuse, is honestly not attacking them. He can be obnoxious on his twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    She questioned his answers, cus they were lies or just outright idiotic. Pointing out that a person is lying or being willfully obtuse, is honestly not attacking them. He can be obnoxious on his twitter.
    Yup its weird when you can actually answer questions that you don't sound like you are arguing and or having to be badgered into trying to get an answer from you. Snuffelupagas really was pushing biden on that whole court packing thing and instead of just blowingup/lying/being defensive biden actually talked through his reasoning about what his answer is and why he is giving it the way he is giving it. People may not agree with it but he did answer the question. Seriously do you believe in an insane conspiracy theory is the softest of softball questions and only looks like a gotcha if you just stand there and let the ball hit you in the face and cry about how mean the pitcher is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I have a whole packet of edible sour belts and a planned replay of the Master Chief Collection planned for Election Day, tbh.
    I will get some beers, and try to prepare some mojitos. I hope it's celebration drinking and not dreadful drinking.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic, but I’ve mentioned it before... Back to 40 hours next week!!! Woot!!!

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That is the best god damn idea I've heard all week.

Trump's campaign team doesn't see a path to victory without North Carolina, and they're not entirely wrong

Per a recent report from Axios, the Trump administration is looking at three main pathways for a second term in the White House. Each of the three paths is contingent upon Trump winning the Tar Heel State.

According to election simulations from Decision Desk HQ, there are scenarios where Trump can win on Nov. 3 without North Carolina's support. However, picking up North Carolina is one of the easiest ways for Trump to get four more years.

In DDHQ simulations, only 17% of instances where Trump wins a second term in office are accompanied by a loss in North Carolina. Biden is much less reliant upon the state: Simulations show he wins the presidency 32% of the time even without the state's 15 electoral votes.

So how are we doing in North Carolina? Here is where we are with 889,833 votes in (19% of the 2016 total vote count). Republican is getting trounced by No Party Affiliation. What else is interesting? Non-Hispanic Black vote count is slightly higher than their share of the demographic. A first. Non-Hispanic White vote count is 2% below their demographic. The other minority group vote count combined is 2.7% higher than their share of the demographic. Another first.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another Biden moment....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-abc-town-hall

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden pushed back at a town hall Thursday against suspicion from a boilermakers union member regarding his position on fracking by insisting that the union endorsed him, when no such endorsement appears to have been given.

During the ABC event, host George Stephanopoulos brought up Biden's claim that he does not want to ban fracking, while noting that Boilermakers Local 154 member Sean Steffee told the New York Times that this is inconsistent with his goal of ending the use of fossil fuels.

"The boilermakers overwhelmingly endorse me, okay?" Biden responded. "So the Boilermakers Union has endorsed me because I sat down with them, went into great detail with leadership, exactly what I would do, number one."

The International Boilermakers Union, however, made it clear on its website that it has not endorsed anyone. The Local 154 endorsed President Trump in a September message from business leader John Hughes.

"It is with great honor that I write this letter to endorse your campaign as you run for re-election of the President of the United States," Hughes said. "I am happy to support your administration as you have proven to be a true friend of the Boilermakers, and I wish you the best of luck in your campaign."

Fox News reached out to the Biden campaign for comment but they did not immediately respond.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-16 at 11:08 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the best god damn idea I've heard all week.
    Hades is life...

Best game in a long time...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Another Biden moment....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-abc-town-hall

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden pushed back at a town hall Thursday against suspicion from a boilermakers union member regarding his position on fracking by insisting that the union endorsed him, when no such endorsement appears to have been given.

During the ABC event, host George Stephanopoulos brought up Biden's claim that he does not want to ban fracking, while noting that Boilermakers Local 154 member Sean Steffee told the New York Times that this is inconsistent with his goal of ending the use of fossil fuels.

"The boilermakers overwhelmingly endorse me, okay?" Biden responded. "So the Boilermakers Union has endorsed me because I sat down with them, went into great detail with leadership, exactly what I would do, number one."

The International Boilermakers Union, however, made it clear on its website that it has not endorsed anyone. The Local 154 endorsed President Trump in a September message from business leader John Hughes.

"It is with great honor that I write this letter to endorse your campaign as you run for re-election of the President of the United States," Hughes said. "I am happy to support your administration as you have proven to be a true friend of the Boilermakers, and I wish you the best of luck in your campaign."

Fox News reached out to the Biden campaign for comment but they did not immediately respond.
    What are your thoughts on Trump bragging about watching underage girls getting undressed?

It's weird that you support such things in a candidate.

If you don't support it, let us all know, by condemning it. If you don't condemn it, that can only mean you support it.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-10-16 at 11:31 PM.