Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Is the DOJ going to defend an incumbent President? Or will they actually grow a pair and distance themselves from his madness?

Will the GOP themselves grow a conscience and realise they have a lunatic as President? Will be interesting.

Sidenote, read an interesting observation about this election. One of the only sets of people who said nowt abut Trump...the Bush family.

No matter how much they've tried to rehabilitate their image, this one chance to actually do it and they decided not to. And it's not out of dignity.
    Will the DoJ defend Trump?
    Until jan 20th yes, because he will be President.

The GOP never wanted Trump, their voters however did and therefor the GOP had to follow. So long as the Republican voters are behind Trump, the GOP will follow or suffer the consequences of ignoring their voters.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except, we've seen a recent high court ruling that the DoJ can't protect Trump from things he did while not acting as Commander in Chief. Such as defamation lawsuits.

Anything he did in NYState before 2016 is therefore not something the DoJ can help with.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Except, we've seen a recent high court ruling that the DoJ can't protect Trump from things he did while not acting as Commander in Chief. Such as defamation lawsuits.

Anything he did in NYState before 2016 is therefore not something the DoJ can help with.
    Yes but why risk it getting tied up in court and potentially getting a bad ruling (esp with the new state of the SC) when you can wait 3 months and not have to deal with trying to charge a sitting President.

It simply makes a LOT of sense to wait for Trump to be out of office.

"What I Meant Was," Trump clarifies, "is not that I would declare victory early. It's that I would simply refuse to admit I lost."

Since Trump is basically talking about blocking votes legally cast from counting, and that's a direct attack on states' rights, I think we've waited long enough for NYState. I think it's time for a counter-attack. It's time to use your lawfully-collected evidence to do the talking, announce indictments, and flank him.

"Whoa! You want NYState to change the election?"

I said and meant no such thing. I did not say "NYState should change votes". I did say NYState needs to announce criminal charges when they have evidence of a crime. No-one is above the law. If that completely legal and justifiable move just so happens to distract Trump from committing mass election fraud by blocking legally-cast ballots, so much the better.

- - - Updated - - -

In this article published by a Stanford Internet researcher, yes that's a thing, the author indicates the QAnon is already preparing their line of conspiracy theories for when Trump loses.

Not even QAnon thinks Trump will win anymore.
    I think it would weird if he tried to do that and prevent the ballots from being counted and the governors just go out and state that either they are counted or they will take him up on his idea to have them select the electors at which point they will go for Biden instead since the votes aren't fully counted yet.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The GOP never wanted Trump, their voters however did and therefor the GOP had to follow. So long as the Republican voters are behind Trump, the GOP will follow or suffer the consequences of ignoring their voters.
    Yeah, this is why while Trump is awful, the ones that empowered him are a much bigger issue and I'm not even sure I'm victim blaming in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Economist article compares how the US did, economically of course, compared to G6 under Trump.

"G6?"

The rest of G7.

"Let me guess, the US is part of the world so did about the same as the world?"

Pretty much, there are three noteworthy exceptions.

1) The US unemployment rate does compare better -- being off by one or two percent means a lot with numbers this low.

"Yeah! MAGA!"

A trend which began in Obama's tenure --

"God dammit."

And ended with the lethal outbreak.

2) The US's debt-to-GDP ratio is much worse. The US was about triple G6 when Obama took office, Obama closed the gap to nearly 1:1, and Trump tripled it again.

"But Trump didn't pass the budget!"

Did he sign it?

"Yes..."

Did he promise to close the budget deficit, and didn't do it?

"Yes..."

Then he gets to own this.

3) The big one: as stated before, the US is still, roughly, doing the same as G6. Basically. Until you ask about how much money they spent on COVID relief.

Now just a reminder, we still don't have a second relief bill. Trump blocked it by lowballing, and then McConnell refused Trump's dramatic highball reversal, then they both agreed nothing till after the election.

But even with that in play, the US spent about 12% of its GDP in COVID relief...far more than the G6.

Trump spent more money, to get basically the same results.

Oh, and people are still dying by nearly a thousand a day.

Is EUrope doing amazing? No. Are they getting better results than we are? It's hard to argue that. "Great dealmaker" Trump spent a huge pile of extra money to get nothing to show for it, then allowed a lethal outbreak which broke even that.

Trump is a failure.

- - - Updated - - -

It simply makes a LOT of sense to wait for Trump to be out of office.
    I respectfully disagree, not with your reasoning, but with the idea that NYState acting in self-defense would make it far more likely Trump is out of office, by making it far more difficult to contest a fair election with intentional fraud.

I respectfully disagree, not with your reasoning, but with the idea that NYState acting in self-defense would make it far more likely Trump is out of office, by making it far more difficult to contest a fair election with intentional fraud.
    How would NYState stop Trump from trying to rig the election?
    The sitting President isn't going to be put in prison (or even house arrest) pending a trial. It would do 0 to slow him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That would be hilarious.
    In that... Killer Clowns from Outer-space... kind of hilarious...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

A little trip down memory lane for all the "scandals" during the Obama Administration

Maybe not that bad of an idea. Sleepy Joe will have to fire a lot of people next january, makes his job a lot easier if it's Pirro and similar.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    A little trip down memory lane for all the "scandals" during the Obama Administration

And Seeing as their “joe Biden controversies” have been limited to him taking off his mask to cough once and calling someone named George, George, i think we’re in for a pretty good time should Biden win.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would NYState stop Trump from trying to rig the election?
    Basically by pressing charges for the crimes he committed for which they have evidence, lying about tax value or lying about insurance value.

Trump would be trolled beyond the ability to function if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And Seeing as their “joe Biden controversies” have been limited to him taking off his mask to cough once and calling someone named George, George, i think we’re in for a pretty good time should Biden win.
    And did you notice how often the Fox commentators mentioned that Obama was "Demeaning the Office" and "Not Presidential"

FU FOX

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    And did you notice how often the Fox commentators mentioned that Obama was "Demeaning the Office" and "Not Presidential"

FU FOX
    Republican talking heads are shameless hypocrites with no moral fiber. Who’da thunk.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That shit drives me up a wall. They can't argue against Joe Biden directly, so they cut and paste his statements to make doctored videos.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    And just to be clear, not all of these were little white lies "no, honey, you're just as beautiful today as when I cheated on you for $130,000". These were lies about things that had impact. COVID is going away. Windmills cause cancer. Mexico is paying for the Wall. Only I Can Fix It.
    You're forgetting the one he's repeating the most right now: "Biden's going to..."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd probably have assassination attempts. Especially given Obama wouldn't have the extra fencing around the White House.
    He did promise to build a wall.

Had no idea it would be between his citizens and himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I applaud the president for unifying the country. It just happens to be against him
    "That could be literally anyone."

Well, that kind of makes it true, doesn't it? The answer can be found here.

Basically by pressing charges for the crimes he committed for which they have evidence, lying about tax value or lying about insurance value.

Trump would be trolled beyond the ability to function if they did that.
    Again, how does that stop him? Being charged itself doesn't do anyway to stop him. He will not lose Presidential power, he will not be locked up. Just having to divide his time between meeting with his lawyers who are preparing his defence, golfing and meeting with people who will try to rig the election for him instead of only the latter likely isn't even going to slow anything down.

How does that get him trolled beyond his ability to function, it would be months before he would ever even potentially see a court room.