10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Well that didn't take too long. GOP in the senate is now saying there will be no new stimulus package.

Hopefully that can be used against them to help win the 2 seats up for grabs in GA.
    The cynical part of me is wondering if McConnell is going to wait until just before the runoff to pass a stimulus bill, just so the GoP can either a) take credit for it, or b) blame the Democrats in the House if the House fails to pass it as well.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    They were simply waiting. Didnt want to be the ones saying Cheetos Man lost.
    Yeah, it saved Fox and AP from saying Biden won, while everyone else waited for PA. Since those two called AZ, making NV the breaking point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So wait I've been out of it.

Biden appears to have won.
    Esper resigned because he disagreed with Trump.
    DeVos just got fired.
    Meadows and multiple other WH staffers have covid and were spreading it through the west wing for days, keeping their infection secret.

People are losing their minds over Biden winning, either in a good or bad way.

Am I missing anything?
    DeVos is fired in the sense that the entire Executive Branch is fired, on 1/20/2021.

Just realized that inauguration day is a palindrome.

Other than that you pretty much covered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The VP has very little sway over the Senate unless they are deadlocked 50-50 and the VP breaks the tie. They can't vote unless there's a tie. They can't put anything forward for debate or a vote. They can't convene committees or issue subpoenas.
    The VP is in charge of the Senate. Its their show (you're right that they don't vote). As in Harris could tell McConnell to go sit down if she wants to. She will have actual Constitutional authority over the Senate, his is only tradition. Modern VPs tend to hang around the WH though because no one really wants to hang out with the Senate all day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The VP is in charge of the Senate. Its their show (you're right that they don't vote). As in Harris could tell McConnell to go sit down if she wants to. She will have actual Constitutional authority over the Senate, his is only tradition. Modern VPs tend to hang around the WH though because no one really wants to hang out with the Senate all day.
    If there is a god..........
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

DeVos just got fired.
    Meadows and multiple other WH staffers have covid and were spreading it through the west wing for days, keeping their infection secret.

Am I missing anything?
    Devos isn't the only one who's fired. All of trump's administration was fired when the election was called.

Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    Which is not right and kind of strange.
    When you consider that several polling centers were being mobbed by Trump supporters it's really not that strange. Would you want to be in that building when it's announced their guy lost? Especially in states with open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senate.gov, President of the Senate
    Senate.gov, President of the Senate
    Other than to succeed to the presidency upon the death or resignation of a president, a vice president's only constitutional duty is to preside over the Senate. Vice presidents cannot vote in the Senate, except to break a tie, nor may they formally address the Senate, except with the senators' permission. Initially vice presidents appointed senators to standing committees, regulated access to the galleries and supervised the keeping of the Senate Journal, but these duties were later removed.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-11-07 at 06:53 PM.

So which network called the election first? I think it was Fox News that had called Arizona in Biden's favor on night one; so were they the ones to also call the election in his favor as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is incorrect.
    I knew there wasn’t!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    So which network called the election first? I think it was Fox News that had called Arizona in Biden's favor on night one; so were they the ones to also call the election in his favor as well?
    All of them, because PA broke before NV, making NV just padding stats. AZ was irrelevant if Biden got PA...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    GA was called?
    No, but it's got a sizeable enough lead that it's very unlikely to swing back to Trump even with a recount.

And it'll be the first time Georgia has gone blue in 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    CNN called it first as far as i'm aware.

10+ Year Old Account

DeVos just got fired.

Am I missing anything?
    Slate is really pulling no punches...

Slate: Good Riddance to the Trump Administration!
    Goodbye!

Come Jan. 20, Donald Trump will not be president. In the coming weeks, there will be plenty of opportunities to think about what lies ahead, but for now, we want to bid farewell to the Trump officials and family members who have made the past four years so difficult for so many people. We know they’re not just going to go away, but their power is dwindling, and soon they will not matter. Goodbye!

Goodbye, Ivanka

Goodbye, Jared

Goodbye, Trump White House Press Office

Goodbye, Donald Trump Jr.

Goodbye, Stephen Miller

Goodbye, Betsy DeVos

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

I remain hopeful that the Dems will change their tune and actually not bow down to Republicans, get us through this Covid mess
    I’m not sure what more Biden can do when it comes to a state level. If we are talking masks, then the states already have the power to do that. If it is federal, what is a federal mask mandate going to do? Who is going to enforce that beyond what is already being done? If cops in NY or CA aren’t enforcing it now, what is going to change? If there’s something new, I’m all for it, but if it’s “do what smart people have been saying the last 9 months”, what is going to make people listen now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I called these comments silly back in 2016 when Trump was elected. Trump was the President of the country. Acting like he's not yours because you don't like him is silly. He's accountable to YOU. He controls YOUR nation.

Trump was my President, which gave me every right to take him to task for every stupid thing he said, tweeted or claimed.
    Can you name a single time that Trump did anything that wasn't for his base? A decision or poliocy that showed that he was the President of the "United States"
    You really can't, Trump never had any intention to be the "President of the United States".

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG no post from Trump on Twitter since the news broke... this is a preview of the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’m not sure what more Biden can do when it comes to a state level. If we are talking masks, then the states already have the power to do that. If it is federal, what is a federal mask mandate going to do? Who is going to enforce that beyond what is already being done? If cops in NY or CA aren’t enforcing it now, what is going to change? If there’s something new, I’m all for it, but if it’s “do what smart people have been saying the last 9 months”, what is going to make people listen now?
    A unifying voice at the top and clear direction from both the political and scientific leaders should help improve adoption of mask mandates across the board.

I fully expect to see GOP state leadership people saying "Trump? Trump who? I've always supported wearing masks." by the end of February if not sooner.

10+ Year Old Account

DeVos just got fired.

Am I missing anything?
    No, but it looks like I missed a few things... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    OMG no post from Trump on Twitter since the news broke... this is a preview of the near future...
    Probably still golfing and nobody told him yet.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Dude is busy trying to improve his back swing. He's golfing.
    He does not give a fuck... lol