Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I give up. 6 and a half hours after release I still can't play. Time to catch some zzz.

I was able to play all night, miraculously. Lagged, but nothing worse than Zandalar/Kul'tiras back during BfA launch. I actually got all the way up to 51 1/2 after doing the Maw, introduction to Bastion and some quests. Launch seemed smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post
    16 years of experience from Blizz, still can't launch an expansion. Mental.
    People still do not understand why queues happens.

Phasing issues is about what I experienced oddly..

There were plenty of issues but they were easy to predict

i choose the best option and am extremly happy

slept after work from 18 - woke up 23:30 - seen what is happening with Draenor - EU and went back to sleep till 2 am

logged in without a single problem and played till 7 (5 hours of gaming in one session ? for me thats plenty enough )

not only im in very good condiidtion and ready to play all evening after work today (if server dont melt down) but also didnt feel stressed about it even for a second the moment it goes down (im assuming problem will start somewhere around 18-19 im off to sleep and will do the 3 or 4 till 7 am trick

was fun launch in my eyes
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-24 at 07:53 AM.

if char is in stormwind i get stuck on loading screen but fine on other zones ....

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is clean for EU, we have fairly good servers. Zero issues so far.
    You must be kidding, I am playing on Kazzak-EU and the server was offline...

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This fucking happens EVERY fucking expansion. Jesus Christ.
    That's exactly the problem.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    You must be kidding, I am playing on Kazzak-EU and the server was offline...
    Kazzak isnt the only server on EU.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people need to stop with this armchair expert wannabie opinions,ion said they have THE BEST tech on the market,he legaly cant lie about that,they also have some of the best talent working for them,but at the end of the day things like this cant be helped with quality or experience,its the limitations of the tech that exists,also wow is really really old,that doesnt help....

you may be mistaking wow with some other crap 10000 player games you have played,wow has milions of people trying to log in at the same time
    I happen to work in this sector irl and all I'll say is it's 2020 and they could do much much better. They're selling us all short. It's a lack of testing & investment on their end.

I understand the argument that "It only happens once every 2 years so it's not feasible to upgrade", but everyone knows in BFA it was a big problem throughout.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely nothing. Perfect launch \o/

Europe release was fine as it was close to midnight. Enough people working so we got lucky. But yeah, launches are always iffy as it's not cost efficient to get that much hardware and other resources just for those few days each couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You claimed it was clean for the EU with ZERO issues...
    Because it was. Region does not equal server.

Unless you don't get the clue. One closed server does not make entire region to have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, but it does mean the region has more than zero problems... since you didn’t get the big caps clue.
    Nope, its not the region that has problems but particular server.

In case you didn't get clue again: Even if particular server has problems, you can technically pick another server and play there.
    If region had problems due to either networking or hardware, no matter what you do you will still experience lags/dcs or other issues, even if you pick another server.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Because it was. Region does not equal server.

Unless you don't get the clue. One closed server does not make entire region to have problems.
    well tbh most of ull EU servers had problems till like 2 am

so its not like it has been only kazzak

im afraid today will be much worse as lot of people will be logging on for the first time after work today .

15+ Year Old Account
    For me the launch was smoothest ever. Logged in 20 minutes before it went live, and there was no queue. And only hiccup was when I entered Stormwind, where the loading screen took about 30 seconds longer than usually. Otherwise there has been no lag at all or disconnections, and there has been surprisingly few people around. Guess everyone is scattered to different layers.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Was really smooth for me too. Didn't log in until an hour and a half or so after launch. Got right in. no queue or anything. no issues in game.

Surprisingly smooth launch.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post
    I happen to work in this sector irl and all I'll say is it's 2020 and they could do much much better. They're selling us all short. It's a lack of testing & investment on their end.

I understand the argument that "It only happens once every 2 years so it's not feasible to upgrade", but everyone knows in BFA it was a big problem throughout.
    milions of people logging in on a game thats using ancient arhitecture...i doubt you are working in that ''sector'',unless they rebuild wow from the ground up this eint getting fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I feel like if that was all it took, they would shell out for extras easily. No company wants to launch a product and have the general opinion be 'Release date on the 23rd? I guess they mean on the 30th when I can actually login lol'
    General opinion? It's an extreme minority who have that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    milions of people logging in on a game thats using ancient arhitecture...i doubt you are working in that ''sector'',unless they rebuild wow from the ground up this eint getting fixed
    Except that have been updating it as they have gone along for every expansion. It isn't as ancient as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    General opinion? It's an extreme minority who have that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that have been updating it as they have gone along for every expansion. It isn't as ancient as you think.
    they can patch it as much as they want and bandaid,its not gonna magicaly alter its core,look at bethesda games,one of the biggest gaming companies,and fallout 4 and fallout 76 have the same engine bugs from oblivion in 2006,maybe even older games,idk i didnt play those