Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

The real toxic people in M+

Only thing that makes M+ toxic is the players that don't know what they are doing.

When running high keys there is little or no chance at failure. Miss a interrupt and it could lead to a wipe depending how the party's health is. Example: Golems in SoA, those bad dudes can kill you.

It's not toxic to expect someone that joins high content to know what spells need to be interrupted, when to use personals.

As a healer I track people's CDs, I'll always heal a person that has there personals on CD over someone who doesn't. Oh you died because you were staying in "fire" but your CD isn't on CD, sorry the other dps who's cd just ran out needs me more.

I don't understand how people are called toxic because they are pushing higher content and expect other people to have a clue what they are doing. Do you plan on raiding without knowing the tactics, it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Only thing that makes M+ toxic is the players that don't know what they are doing.

When running high keys there is little or no chance at failure. Miss a interrupt and it could lead to a wipe depending how the party's health is. Example: Golems in SoA, those bad dudes can kill you.

It's not toxic to expect someone that joins high content to know what spells need to be interrupted, when to use personals.

As a healer I track people's CDs, I'll always heal a person that has there personals on CD over someone who doesn't. Oh you died because you were staying in "fire" but your CD isn't on CD, sorry the other dps who's cd just ran out needs me more.

I don't understand how people are called toxic because they are pushing higher content and expect other people to have a clue what they are doing. Do you plan on raiding without knowing the tactics, it's the same thing.
    I mean, thoughts themselves cannot be toxic. It's all in the communication, how you come out to the team about the issues if any. And yes, one definitely can expect decent playing from players joining keys, but being toxic has nothing to do with it.

Good example of toxicity is passive-aggressiveness: "It's deplete. GL in <insert one key lower>" & "Am I the only one interrupting here?" etc.
    While one might have a valid point, it'll come off as toxic. There's multiple ways of saying these things without being an asshat, starting with just basic politeness.

If I do have to leave a key, I just go: "guys, it's probably not going to be timed at this point, I'm going to call it, apologies" and talk with group a bit before leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So if you miss one interrupt your toxic? Lol the community has gone insane.
    You literally looked at a fraction of their post and posted this ridiculous comment. What they're saying is that people who have no idea what they're doing in m+ are toxic and mention missed interrupts as just one example.

In my opinion players that insult others, should get a 24h temp ban to calm down.

If you're a great player, you should look for others of your skill level. Probably you're not as great as you think you are.

Insulting others is almost never appropriate.

Toxic is about attitude, not performance. If you think otherwise, I suggest altering your mindset.
    You can be bad at something, and still be a nice and joyful person to be around.
    You can also be really good at something, and will have 99% of people you interract with hate you because of your shitty personality.

Personally, I'd rather play with someone that is not toxic, and tries his best to not turn things toxic.
    But I get it, gaming brings out the competitive aspect of a person, and competition makes people want to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post

We did some 11s and 12s today with pugged in DPS with decent IO scores. Everyone should know that anything "extra" getting pulled throws off everything for the most part. It was the day of the horrible mage for some reason. 2 extra mobs got pulled on the way to the 2nd boss in HoA which threw off our prideful buffs....then teh mage got killed and released right before the 3rd boss. Now neither "oops" alone was a "run killer"......but both together was. I didn't say anything in party but everyone knew WHY the run failed to time.

Went to Necrotic Wake and a different mage butt pulled adds on during the 1st boss fight. It's a tight path and pugs are pugs but we wasted the prideful buff. Then we get to 1st named "trash boss" and I said CC what you can and wait a few. Mage polys one and pulls.... monk didn't para anything so we had 3 casters instead of 1 or 2. Of course there are issues because no one but me was kicking anything and we have people dead and they aren't releasing and running back. Get those mobs down and on to the trash passed that and the Prideful % before the Necormancer after the skip.........on yeah that mage hangs wayyy to far back and butt pulls the pats. We all die......we run back taunt the prideful and the mage stands in the same exact spot. I'm like "Dude don't stand there"......and he butt pulls. He bails on the party after personally causing all the wipes in the run.

That is being a toxic person. If you don't know what you're doing then ask questions before the key drops or something.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Toxic is about attitude, not performance. If you think otherwise, I suggest altering your mindset.
    Exactly. And you got a toxic attitude towards other people if you think it’s okay to partake in group activities without making any preparations. Doing well in M+ is very much about doing your homework before starting the dungeon. And people who are too lazy to put in any effort to learn mechanics etc. have a very bad attitude towards their teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Exactly. And you got a toxic attitude towards other people if you think it’s okay to partake in group activities without making any preparations. Doing well in M+ is very much about doing your homework before starting the dungeon. And people who are too lazy to put in any effort to learn mechanics etc. have a very bad attitude towards their teammates.
    That is quite the leap there my friend.
    There's nothing toxic about going into a group, thinking you will do your best and hopefully complete the dungeon :P.
    You could possibly argue that if you joined a group with the intention of failing, that would be toxic.
    But you can't know that, unless they state it.
    And I'd also wager and say that is extremely rare as well!

You can be bad at something, and still be a nice and joyful person to be around.
    You can also be really good at something, and will have 99% of people you interract with hate you because of your shitty personality.

Personally, I'd rather play with someone that is not toxic, and tries his best to not turn things toxic.
    But I get it, gaming brings out the competitive aspect of a person, and competition makes people want to succeed.
    If a person messes up once or twice, that can be bad. But if a person never bothers to learn and constantly fails in every group they're in, they're toxic.

That is quite the leap there my friend.
    There's nothing toxic about going into a group, thinking you will do your best and hopefully complete the dungeon :P.
    You could possibly argue that if you joined a group with the intention of failing, that would be toxic.
    But you can't know that, unless they state it.
    And I'd also wager and say that is extremely rare as well!
    Of course it’s toxic. You’re wasting other people’s time because you’re lazy. You’re not doing your best if you haven’t watched/read the guides available on mainstream websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So if you miss one interrupt your toxic? Lol the community has gone insane.
    No, when you join a +10 and don't know how to interrupt, you're toxically idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Of course it’s toxic. You’re wasting other people’s time because you’re lazy. You’re not doing your best if you haven’t watched/read the guides available on mainstream websites.
    Who says they are lazy? If they are at a skill that is lower than the rest of the team, doesn't mean they are lazy?
    Everyone has different skill levels, and some peak earlier than others. Doesn't mean they are toxic by any definition of the word :P.
    Besides, often times the only way to actually get better, is to do harder content/play with better players. Still doesn't mean you are being toxic!

If your intention is to waste their time, yes, it would be toxic. But if you are just some random player joining, in the hopes of clearing the dungeon without making too many mistakes, you are just a regular normal non-toxic person.

This is why Raider IO exists so you can do a better job at weeding out the newbs. I would rather group with a "Toxic" person who knows what they are doing than a nice person who sucks.

There are toxic people but more and more I see people label others as toxic after being called out by said person. If the say hey you piece of garbage learn to interupt, yes that is toxic but it is also not untrue. If they say hey man you need to interupt/cc/stun/whatever because your killing us, that is not toxic but gets labeled as such way to often nowadays. If you have no clue about dungeon, the mechanics, if you might need to randomly feed a kid or a animal, if you have connection issues, those are issues you need to deal with, you are now ruining others play with your issues, they have a right to be upset if you ruin there key. And I know people are going to complain about my connection statement, but hear me out. If you get some random disco, that cannot be helped. But joining a group knowing you have a massive ping is just asshole move and it happens alot

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but there's bad, and there's toxic. You can also be both. A lot of them are.

As a tank, a DPS, AND a healer in keystone runs, I agree with the fact and idea that people who have no idea or business being in a higher key lead to a much more frustrating run, if you aren't up to snuff and prepared, don't queue. Simple as that.

But there are also toxic attitudes of great players who do things right that can also destroy a group. Look under my name, at least 10 years playing this game, I've seen it a million times in so many different facets.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The worst keys to do in M+ right now are 7-9. Was boosting a friend, by boosting I mean I joined up with his alt on my main so I could bring some good dps and help him get invites. They were the hardest runs I've done all week. Largely because people make a lot of mistakes, many people use none of their utility abilities and lack the experience in the dungeons so they don't understand how anything works, combined with that a lot of them are doing things like holding their cooldowns for several trash packs just to use on a boss, ultimately wasting lots of uses and slowing down the dungeon from unnecessarily low dps.

This results in some players having to carry much more of the load, things going wrong and frustration being vented. Then those players don't like being criticised or being given "advice" and things get worse, things get toxic. Of course good players make mistakes too, all the time, but if everyone in the group is a capable and experienced player it more often than not evens out, mistakes get covered, bad situations get salvaged and the players who made the mistakes know they made the mistakes.

Have been in toxic high keys, there are a certain breed of elitist easily triggered people out there, but by and large the high keys I've done have been the most chill.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Have been in toxic high keys, there are a certain breed of elitist easily triggered people out there, but by and large the high keys I've done have been the most chill.
    Amen

Been my experience through all of BfA and into SL.

I still think the word toxic gets used way to often. I literally just left a run. Healer had lead, we all get there inside, buff, eat, take flasks. and are waiting for ready pull, he said brb gotta take dog out for a sec, 4 mins later he comes back, says hey I gotta change talents, hearthing resummon me, then takes another few mins to get situated after mentioning he needs a drink(11 mins gone on flask), he then starts dungeon without a timer even with a boomy and DH. I was like well pretty sure this will be a disaster. Dungeon starts, healer stand in whirlwind ability at start of De other side and dies within first minute. He then dies again to same mechanic. we finish off the pack move to next one and hes dies again standing in stuff, tank dies the dk leaves the party and im running for door. The healer says right before I leave group, bitch ass dk, then calls him a quiter. We are a couple pulls in and multiple deaths from stupidity after already wasting our time at start. This is the type of player who will then come to forums and complain about elitest, dungeon quiters, and toxic people

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Let's just throw a scenario out there, you and 3 friends make a group, you pug the last dps. This dps doesn't know most mechanics throughout the dung and chain dies while you 4 are having a flawless run. Is he toxic? He isnt a part of your group dynamic, so you can expect that he wouldnt perfectly adapt to it, but if he messes up constantly, at near every mechanic, it would be hard to argue against it being toxic to some extent.

End of the day, its a guy making you give him what is selling for like 400k atm, a 15 boost, for free.

Now where's the line where you go from individual mistakes, to incompetent player indirectly asking for a boost? To you, it may be after 50 mistakes, to others it may be 1 very specific mistake (like Soa golem interupt). Neither view is inherently wrong.
    It's not toxic, he's just not a good player/choice for the content you* decided to recruit him for.
    Don't want failure? Don't pug.