Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Ion Hazzikostas " Anduin will change forever"

A new interview on the German website states: Google translator says that he

What Anduin will experience through his transformation into a servant of the jailer will change him forever. So far he has always been this youthful character who fought on the side of justice and righteousness. But after the events in Shadowlands there will be no going back to this Anduin.

It's no coincidence, of course, that Arthas and Anduin share visual similarities in the Patch 9.1 trailer.

https://www.vanion.eu/news/blizzconl...zikostas-23675

no more status quo

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it need to be said? After the thing he is forced to do under jailer's control, once he is out of that predicament, what will he feel? He already showed great suffering when he got control of himself back for a few moments in the cinematics. And once Jailer is done using him and let him loose, what will he do? There is no going back for him anymore. He is quite literally, fucked! And all this is to give a redemption story to a vile fiend who killed thousands and caused death of several hundred thousand in clear conscience. Bad writing after bad writing.... shit begets shit begets shit....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He will change forever....his hair will be slighty longer...but FOREVER!

Probably just getting even more sadder eyes. Monologues will be about how sad he is because he was forced to do bad things rather than being sad about others.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He will change forever....his hair will be slighty longer...but FOREVER!
    Gray hair is hot these days, he got hes permanent.

If any previous situations of "Bad guys does something to Anduin" are anything to go by, he'll get even more special powers.

he'll become the perfect waifu for sylvanas, and with their powers combined they with guide us in the fight against the new big bad, probably the light or some such.

"But after the events in Shadowlands"

Dude literally spoiled

Andun will return from Shadowlands in Azeroth

I mean its pretty obvious that it would affect him,and hes been in a lot of shity situations almost every expansion lol,its pretty clear that as a faction leader atleast...anduin has really become wow's golden boy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

Dude literally spoiled

he will return from Shadowlands in Azeroth
    ofc he will,anduin is wow's golden boy,you dont build up a character so much every expansion to have him die...this isnt game of thrones

Much more interesting: That google translation (checked it, it's genuine) is top notch and spot on, even catching two phrasings that are not 1:1 translatable. I'm actually impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If any previous situations of "Bad guys does something to Anduin" are anything to go by, he'll get even more special powers.
    First one was Holy Bones of Feels.

What will next be!?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Dude literally spoiled

Obviously he will. And he will still be king of Stormwind. And get married. And get kids. The change will probably be that he'll become more like his father, no more peace mongering and accepting the Horde's bullshit evil but get a reckoning. Next xpack will be full out faction war again. Not because people want it, but because that's what WOW is according to Blizzard. And they make the game.

Dude literally spoiled

There was a comic that showed anduin alive as the high king in the future
    https://i.gyazo.com/448c0df5f1e05396...b973968852.jpg

So his future was spoiled years ago m’dude

"Anduin will change forever"
    oh thank god, can he become SLIGHTLY interesting as a character?

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    He will probably suffer from quilt. I don’t know how can this change someone.

Hopefully after the shadowlands xpac the next one is all about wiping out the horde once and for all since we should have done that the day the orcs turned up, or the very minimum we wipe out the undead (it will mean players weird enough to be playing horde and undead will have to make new characters that aren't undead, which I'm completely fine with)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    I've already revealed the extent of my naivete by considering that Anduin could actually die. Are you willing to revive the Calia Fanfiction wager on this one?

I don't think it's much of a spoiler that Anduin survives.

I mean, he is mind-controlled. Did you really think they'll have us murder a lore character that's not even in control of their actions?

As for consequences, I'm not expecting more than a crisis of faith. And that's only if the Light fails to save him at the end. If it does, I'm not sure what to expect beyond "Anduin is sad that his father's sword got destroyed". I mean, what are they going to do? Suddenly not make him care about peace anymore? That role is filled by plenty in the Alliance already. Unless it's the Horde that hurts him, I don't see him just change his core philosophies. Sylvanas may be showing him his words aren't always enough to convince people. But he's just been in a major war. He already knows this.