Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Also, it’s probably also me being far from good but some dungeons are just a freakin nightmare.

The last two days I tried running 5 PF 12, 4 disbanded before or during first boss, one failed by 2 minutes (Stradama has maybe been nerfed but not enough and those damned tentacles should just stop oneshotting ppl, I either cure or run to avoid them and during the disease it’s a complete mess. 9 bosses on 10 relies on surviving dots on dots on dots on dots, really a poor mechanic imho).

I mean, they don’t have to be all like Mists, but PF, ToP, SD and maybe DoS are way too difficult compared to the other 4 (at least healer side). Either raise the timer or nerf packs/bosses. I can’t really even think to kill Stradama on tyr.
    Stradama is not that hard, unless you wipe and don't have pride/bl.

Phase 1 should be not that big of a deal because it's really short due to pride. In phase 2 everyone has to use their defensive when the rain starts, and a healing cooldown. Phase 3 she has to be nuked with bl.

Tentacles oneshotting people is the whole point of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Um stradamas tentacles. Man thats the point to move properly. Thet are nerfed and moving is really really easy now. Disease hurt ofc but all should use pots and cds. Good to have diseases cleaner like a priest ! With pride/BL that boss is pretty easy now. DoS is nightmare because of timer. SD is nightmare because of gauntlet. ToP is just long and platforms can literally kill whole run.
    All should use something but no one does. They just all expect the healer to keep them up while moving to avoid tentacles.

I clearly have issue with the tentacles, it’s one of the few mechanics I still fail sometimes but the fight to me is really annoying, I don’t get why everyone fears the spider before instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post

Anybody else having this problem/anybody found a solution? ....

Cheers
    Alot of them aren't checking. I blasted.my way up to 1.6k in a week by writing an about me on my rio bio detailing my history and knowledge. Literally a beg and even then it was only.the better players that had a brain and could see i was legit that would take me. I would write in the note "please check my rio page bio before decision" 4k.is definitely respectable and above average especially if you was on ally.

Check my rio page bio swiftiq-draenor. Before I did that I was in the exadt same boat as you. Endless declines

Sell yourself show your experience dont just say i was 4k give them examples.of your knowledge what you bring this week what you will be looking to do through the run. How you use your toolkit.

What class are you? Some class suit certain weeks more than others. Example if your a disc priest your going to have an untold more chance of an invite.on a tyrannical week or bursting week than a grevious week.

Same for me as resto druid spite. Grevious. Raging weeks. Rest expect "nEED pALA" or "nEED sHAMAN"

10+ Year Old Account
    All should use something but no one does. They just all expect the healer to keep them up while moving to avoid tentacles.

I clearly have issue with the tentacles, it’s one of the few mechanics I still fail sometimes but the fight to me is really annoying, I don’t get why everyone fears the spider before instead.
    Spiders are tank job mostly and dps. Stradamas is for all with moving and healer with debuff.

What is even RIO? Well I had to check it out and i guess I have zero points? I guess I shouldn't do mythics then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    What is even RIO? Well I had to check it out and i guess I have zero points? I guess I shouldn't do mythics then?
    Quite the opposite. The idea is doing M+ and slowly build your rio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it’s probably also me being far from good but some dungeons are just a freakin nightmare.

The last two days I tried running 5 PF 12, 4 disbanded before or during first boss, one failed by 2 minutes (Stradama has maybe been nerfed but not enough and those damned tentacles should just stop oneshotting ppl, I either cure or run to avoid them and during the disease it’s a complete mess. 9 bosses on 10 relies on surviving dots on dots on dots on dots, really a poor mechanic imho).

I mean, they don’t have to be all like Mists, but PF, ToP, SD and maybe DoS are way too difficult compared to the other 4 (at least healer side). Either raise the timer or nerf packs/bosses. I can’t really even think to kill Stradama on tyr.
    I'd like to know what's the issue with ToP. Only things I can think of is how the last boss can get messy and the trash up to Kul'tharok mostly cause of small platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'd like to know what's the issue with ToP. Only things I can think of is how the last boss can get messy and the trash up to Kul'tharok mostly cause of small platforms
    - Gorechop wing mobs + Gorechop itself (hooks ftw)
    - platforms mobs, especially the ones with black winds pushing you out of them
    - souls reaper boss (even more than last boss)

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Um stradamas tentacles. Man thats the point to move properly. Thet are nerfed and moving is really really easy now.
    Usually, in my experience its 100% the tanks fault.

Since DH is the META tank right now, you have to deal with people who think its smart to avoid tentacles with their full mobility toolkit, while they are forgeting that the tank is usually the gathering point for melees and heal by default.

PF enboss is a non issue with normal tank specs and its usually a clownfiesta with DH tanks who bait the melee/heal with high risc movemant patterns.

A stupid META combo is usually the reason why some dungeons feel harder as they really are. There are good tanks who play DH tanks, but FOTM specs are usually played by players who cant perform on a average level with any other lesser class/spec and they do what they do and thats just some stupid selfish gameplay in a group environment.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    - Gorechop wing mobs + Gorechop itself (hooks ftw)
    - platforms mobs, especially the ones with black winds pushing you out of them
    - souls reaper boss (even more than last boss)
    Yea, but those are things that essentially come down to personal awareness.

As a holy priest and a person distrustful of pug's sense of awareness, at Gorechop's trash I'm always spamming shackle on the mobs that do the aoe poison stuff. One of those casts goes off and I get pissed, cause mass dispel doesn't work on poison, so I make sure to always target those little cunts.

Souls reaper I'd agree. It's a contender with the last boss.

I play mostly on the 10-12 bracket and I find it annoyingly surprising how people are still failing at tactics. I posted this before, but it annoys me to no end to see people run away with the circle at HoA's second boss. They're playing on instinct instead of on knowledge.

The last two days I tried running 5 PF 12, 4 disbanded before or during first boss, one failed by 2 minutes (Stradama has maybe been nerfed but not enough and those damned tentacles should just stop oneshotting ppl, I either cure or run to avoid them and during the disease it’s a complete mess.

PF is very difficult if you do not do the dungeon properly. The mushrooms at start are waste of healers and dps cds and dont give proper % so skipping them already saves you alot of time. Using canisters, bombers to kill the trash instead of manually dpsing em down saves the timer. Pf first boss requires a what, passive healing while dpaing and ccing adds, miniboss area is a bit difficult if peeps cant move out but 2nd boss has lil healing requires also if peeps dont stand in pools ofc. 3rd boss is feared cause 1 mistake can reck your group, like stunning the group while adds spawn and so on. Last boss is weird cause i dont know if you know but he casts the rai by timer. So if you push her to the phase before, theres no rain. First phase is at 70% so if you have pride buff, dont pop dps cds or just let 1, usually mage. 2nd phase lasts longest so we usually pop bl there and other dps cds. Last phase healer cds and other dps cds that are up. Usually rogues and mages can take both p1 and p3 while hunters, druids etc with 2 or 3m cds should take p2 with bl. Now you will say that your a healer but aint difficult to remind peeps to put dps cd rota in place for last boss. Its a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    TOP is comparatively hard to time in tyrannical weeks, because all the boss fights take a lot of time, and a single wipe usually depletes your key. Banner boss simply wipes you if you don't have the burst dps to kill banners in time, Lich has a lot of unavoidable damage and has to be killed before your healer is oom, Abomination has a huge life pool and (depending on route of course) you typically don't have BL for him. Combine that with the fact that many dps specs focus on aoe damage for m+ and don't have the greatest single target damage. The dungeon also has some trash packs that can be challenging even on tyrannical weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

Since DH is the META tank right now, you have to deal with people who think its smart to avoid tentacles with their full mobility toolkit, while they are forgeting that the tank is usually the gathering point for melees and heal by default.

PF enboss is a non issue with normal tank specs and its usually a clownfiesta with DH tanks who bait the melee/heal with high risc movemant patterns.

A stupid META combo is usually the reason why some dungeons feel harder as they really are. There are good tanks who play DH tanks, but FOTM specs are usually played by players who cant perform on a average level with any other lesser class/spec and they do what they do and thats just some stupid selfish gameplay in a group environment.
    It is 100% never the tank's fault if someone else gets hit by a tentacle. If you need a tank's guidance to dodge some huge green tentacles, it's your own fault if you get hit. I got hit by some tentacles in the past, but I never blamed it on anyone other than myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    PF is very difficult if you do not do the dungeon properly. The mushrooms at start are waste of healers and dps cds and dont give proper % so skipping them already saves you alot of time. Using canisters, bombers to kill the trash instead of manually dpsing em down saves the timer. Pf first boss requires a what, passive healing while dpaing and ccing adds, miniboss area is a bit difficult if peeps cant move out but 2nd boss has lil healing requires also if peeps dont stand in pools ofc. 3rd boss is feared cause 1 mistake can reck your group, like stunning the group while adds spawn and so on. Last boss is weird cause i dont know if you know but he casts the rai by timer. So if you push her to the phase before, theres no rain. First phase is at 70% so if you have pride buff, dont pop dps cds or just let 1, usually mage. 2nd phase lasts longest so we usually pop bl there and other dps cds. Last phase healer cds and other dps cds that are up. Usually rogues and mages can take both p1 and p3 while hunters, druids etc with 2 or 3m cds should take p2 with bl. Now you will say that your a healer but aint difficult to remind peeps to put dps cd rota in place for last boss. Its a pug.
    The mushrooms at the start aren't that bad if you just stun/cc the stormers. The rest really doesn't deal a lot of damage, but my experience is from ~15-16s, so on higher keys that might not be the case.

Third boss is trivial if you bring a hunter, they can range pull every single add and the boss/group never has to move in the entire fight.

Personally I disagree with using BL in phase 2 on the last boss (as a healer), because in phase 2 she alters between summoning add+tentacles and casting poison rain. In phase 3 she casts rain nonstop *while* throwing tentacles in your face, so the healer has to heal more while moving at the same time. But again, it might be different for other group compositions and higher keys.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    It is 100% never the tank's fault if someone else gets hit by a tentacle. If you need a tank's guidance to dodge some huge green tentacles, it's your own fault if you get hit. I got hit by some tentacles in the past, but I never blamed it on anyone other than myself.
    This is like "find the DH meta player"?

The tank can easily BAIT the group with stupid movement that requires DH mobility to survive.

As tank your are there to help your group with positioning and aggro management, if you want some clown role, play ranged and do what ever you want because nobody cares what you do.
    -

This is like "find the DH meta player"?

The tank can easily BAIT the group with stupid movement that requires DH mobility to survive.

As tank your are there to help your group with positioning and aggro management, if you want some clown role, play ranged and do what ever you want because nobody cares what you do.
    It's not the tank's job to dodge tentacles for you. It's as simple as that. Playing dps in m+ is easy enough, don't tell the tank to do YOUR job.

btw, I'm not a tank player (or DH for that matter). Just because someone disagrees with you, they're not automatically a meta slave. Dodging mechanics in m+ is your own responsibility. No one else's.

everyone moaning saying
    "im 10/10 hc and done all 14s and I was 4k rio in BFA" needs to realise you're not special.

There is always a meta class with higher io queuing up. My 227 eq lock spends most of his time farming 10-13s to gear upgrade the gear with valor.

You also have to bare in mind that I would be expecting most people to be finishing a 15 on 6-8k dps, most of you 10/10 +14 217 players are doing inbetween 3-5k so you really just aren't performing. If you are gonna do better than that then you wouldn't be doing just 14s and only 10/10hc.

I only do m+ with friends now, but everytime we invite a charity pug to a 15-18 they do half the damage of the rest of us and die multiple times, they then get a free run on their rio, but the reality is they shouldn't have been in that dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account

I know its easy to blame tanks but the truth is hard. I saw DH tanks who thinks jumpin around is the solution for tanking. But jumping around with no pattern is just a mess. Its not all about just jump around like a rabbit. Imo kiteing is a bit silly now. Tanks are not tanks already they became more kiters ><

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You are of course right, however dungeons shouldn't be content designed for guilds. Throughout the history of WoW, dungeons were always something that was run by pugs and only partially with guildies. You also cannot expect to be in a guild where you can just at any time find there people to do dungeons. It's not the same situation with raids where the guild has a set raid day/time. Most players just want to do dungeons whenever they feel like.
    Dungeons are fine with pugs. Use the group finder and queue for normals or heroics and you'll do fine in a pug. That doesn't mean all dungeons need to be pug friendly.

So I guess I don't understand the complaint, since there is content already available that is pug friendly. Content can't be simultaneously difficult for coordinated groups and readily doable by uncoordinated groups. Those are mutually exclusive traits.

So the question becomes, are you playing the game for the content or are you doing the content for the gear? If you are doing content for gear then it's important to understand that the higher level gear you try to obtain, the more difficult the content needs to be, which dictates heavier requirements on coordinated groups.

So again, there's plenty of content in the game you can pug. But if you want to join in on content specifically designed to be challenging to well geared coordinated groups, you can expect it to be extremely challenging to pug.

I suspect the reason very few people start their own 15+ keys, and so many people are competing for relatively few groups, is because of how often pug groups fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Lol so it’s tank’s fault because people can’t think on their own and follow tank instead?
    I would agree, not everything is the tank's fault (especially avoiding tentacles and getting out of the "fire"). That said, it feels more and more responsibility is placed on the tank to the point that most reasons for failing in a mythic dungeon fall under the tank's responsibility. So not saying the tank is bad. The tank can be the best player in the group, and likely has to be in the current mythic content, and doesn't even need to mess up, but can just do something non-optimally which could cause the run to fail.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2021-03-23 at 12:57 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I would agree, not everything is the tank's fault. That said, it feels more and more responsibility is placed on the tank to the point that most reasons for failing in a mythic dungeon fall under the tank's responsibility. So not saying the tank is bad. The tank can be the best player in the group, and likely has to be in the current mythic content, and doesn't even need to mess up, but can just do something non-optimally which could cause the run to fail.
    No one is arguing that the tank has a lot of responsibilities in m+. Probably the most of any role. I'm saying, if people die to tentacles in the Stradama fight, that's NOT on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    everyone moaning saying
    "im 10/10 hc and done all 14s and I was 4k rio in BFA" needs to realise you're not special.

There is always a meta class with higher io queuing up. My 227 eq lock spends most of his time farming 10-13s to gear upgrade the gear with valor.

You also have to bare in mind that I would be expecting most people to be finishing a 15 on 6-8k dps, most of you 10/10 +14 217 players are doing inbetween 3-5k so you really just aren't performing. If you are gonna do better than that then you wouldn't be doing just 14s and only 10/10hc.

I only do m+ with friends now, but everytime we invite a charity pug to a 15-18 they do half the damage of the rest of us and die multiple times, they then get a free run on their rio, but the reality is they shouldn't have been in that dungeon.

Not sure if I misread your post or it is your intention but.. I've probably done over 30 15s timed, one or two +2s, and 4-5 16s, and ive never seen someone do more damage than me outside of 1 occasion. I average 6-7k (think ive peaked at 7.4k overall which I'm fine with im pretty casual in my mythic enjoyment tbh..) overall depending on week/dungeon. This leads me to my next part:

Where are -most- people doing 6-8k in 15s? Most people in my groups do 500-1k overall less than me (I'm a fire mage so I just assume firemage is OP). I've had numerous dungeons I do 6.2-6.7k and the other two people are doing like 4.5k-5k. I'm not saying you are wrong but how would this be the expectation for most?

I was was just watching asuna/brainx and they were 7.4k, and 8.1k in spires 25s, with the 2nd and 3rd dps just doing over 7k (depends on dungeon obviously). In other dungons doing like 6.5-6.8k At best I could see the expectation for "most" people in 15s to be 4.5k-7k. 6-8k seems like a giant stretch that is not for MOST at all.
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2021-03-23 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    Not sure if I misread your post or it is your intention but.. I've probably done over 30 15s timed, one or two +2s, and 4-5 16s, and ive never seen someone do more damage than me outside of 1 occasion. I average 6-7k (think ive peaked at 7.4k overall which I'm fine with im pretty casual in my mythic enjoyment tbh..) overall depending on week/dungeon. This leads me to my next part:

Where are -most- people doing 6-8k in 15s? Most people in my groups do 500-1k overall less than me (I'm a fire mage so I just assume firemage is OP). I've had numerous dungeons I do 6.2-6.7k and the other two people are doing like 4.5k-5k. I'm not saying you are wrong but how would this be the expectation for most?

I was was just watching asuna/brainx and they were 7.4k, and 8.1k in spires 25s, with the 2nd and 3rd dps just doing over 7k (depends on dungeon obviously). In other dungons doing like 6.5-6.8k At best I could see the expectation for "most" people in 15s to be 4.5k-7k. 6-8k seems like a giant stretch that is not for MOST at all.
    It's hard to just compare "overall dps" numbers without looking at the group composition, tank, healer, affixes, pull sizes, etc...

He mentioned doing m+ with friends mostly, so if they have a tank/healer that know each other, the tank can judge better how much to pull. If you constantly pull 2-3 packs at the same time, the overall dps of all players will increase. Big pulls rarely happen in pugs, with some exceptions (mostly start of the dungeon with BL). I think it makes no sense to compare "overall dps" like that - it only might make sense to compare 2 players in the same run, but even then they might have differnent focuses.