Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yes they did. From their official Twitter account. How many times does it have to be directly linked to you?

Why isn't it possible for someone on this website to be banned for not being able to read?
    You’d be gone if this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm no it isn't, NW actually has the exact same problems both Wildstar and Anthem did.

Repetitive questing and lack of endgame, In some aspects its actually worse than both as well because you can't really co-op with friends while questing.

Also IMO the menu is a fucken eye swore. (just like wildstar's was)
    Woah. It's clear someone didn't play Wildstar.
    Wildstar's questing and endgame was almost exactly TBC in spaaaaace. You leveled up, got gear, did dailies for rep, there were regular dungeons, crafting, "heroic" dungeons, and a big raid zone that you needed attunements for.

There was also really good housing and warplots (though I don't know anyone who ever played on a warplot---great idea, totally wasted).

NW is nothing like Wildstar, and it has problems that are absolutely distinct. Wildstar (like Rift and others) were WoW-alikes. NW is not like WoW at all. It's a completely different genre of MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Man, there are some really pretty looking zones in this game. I just stumbled across a place called The Azoth Tree in the south of Brightwood and it is amazing. As is the spooky, gloominess of Weaver's Fen. For anyone saying all zones look the same, this is certainly not the case as you get to the higher level zones.
    I accidentally walked into that too while poking around in northern Everfall at level 20.

It was super pretty until the Earth showed me why it was so pissed off.

People with 250+ hours are still playing 16 hours each day.. But since there is allegedly no "endgame" I wonder what they are doing. The average andy who isn't playing 16 hours a day will have months of content.

I hope those who are enjoying this continue to do so, but I never saw anything that hooked me into trying it. Good luck!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    People with 250+ hours are still playing 16 hours each day.. But since there is allegedly no "endgame" I wonder what they are doing. The average andy who isn't playing 16 hours a day will have months of content.
    they are botting or lvling farming professions. very boring and tedious process, especially with trees

Quote Originally Posted by MrYesbody View Post
    If people have 250 hours + you know they are botting hard. Because, spoilers, New World has an insane bot problem right now and are barely banning anyone for that because there is no automated system. Because 250+ hours would mean they play and sleep and do nothing else since release, but okay.
    If you still believe there is endgame become level 60 and you will see that there is no endgame. The endgame is crafting your BiS gear and doing the same PvP battles for the same towns with capped players over and over again without a reason to do so in the endgame at all, or barely any reason, that become boring as fuck damn fast.
    It is so sad to still see people that barely played this game trying to defend the endgame. You guys will be so fucking silent once you reach it and see how horrible the game is finally at 60 after leveling through horrible, repeating questing for 100+ hours.

BTW, someone defending this game with his life in this thread linked his steam acc in his account, and guess who is online at steam and is not playing New World anymore since days xD
    What "endgame" would you like to see? Would you like to do the same 8 dungeons in an ever slightly increasing difficulty for 2 years? Sounds thrilling to me.

in the end, this game seem the mmo version of the "cut wood, carry water", no ?

Dungeons, Raids, good and not completely bugged and slow PvP, maybe even some campaign or some sort of anything but crafting?
    New World has nothing but crafting that will take some time. And once you have crafted your gear it's over. Something that is not another horrible grind after the horrible leveling grind. SOmething every MMORPG has.
    Isn't that exactly what you are doing in WoW? Doing the same exact dungeons/raids over and over again and after 8 months you get a reset to arbitrary force you to start doing the same dungeons again! Also, a little side fact: WoW costs 10 times as much as New World in your 2-year expansion cycle.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing in WoW? Doing the same exact dungeons/raids over and over again and after 8 months you get a reset to arbitrary force you to start doing the same dungeons again! Also, a little side fact: WoW costs 10 times as much as New World in your 2-year expansion cycle.
    If the thing your doing is enjoyable to you it doesn't matter that its a grind.
    People have no issue doing the same raid for 4 months because they enjoy playing their class and raid encounters in WoW. If they don't enjoy it they tend to quit.

When people complain about grind they are not complaining about doing something 100 times. Its that doing that thing 100 time isn't fun. The problem isn't the 100x. its not 'not fun' part.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

You know, when you have to mentions other games in defend of a terrible game design the discussion is over anyway. As I said.

I don't care for game XY. I can play different games at the same time. I do play a lot of different games at the same time.
    I just need to have fun in this games.

New World after 40 was not fun anymore. New World is complete shit at 60. Over and out.

But because you have to mention WoW again you have just proven you probably don't like New World at all, but you need something in competition for your self produced hate. So fuck off, srsly.
    In this thread, people glorify WoW's endgame. Therefore I took it for reference when speaking about "endgame". I was curious why crafting items for your character progression is not considered "endgame" while doing the same bosses for character progression is considered "endgame". But since you never gonna reach what people consider "endgame" your opinion on that topic is completely worthless.

What "endgame" would you like to see? Would you like to do the same 8 dungeons in an ever slightly increasing difficulty for 2 years? Sounds thrilling to me.
    I mean it's at least something? Something New World doesn't have at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

In this thread, people glorify WoW's endgame. Therefore I took it for reference when speaking about "endgame". I was curious why crafting items for your character progression is not considered "endgame" while doing the same bosses for character progression is considered "endgame". But since you never gonna reach what people consider "endgame" your opinion on that topic is completely worthless.
    I don't think people glorify WoW's endgame, they just use it for comparison. And right now even Vanilla WoW 17 years ago simply offered more endgame activities than New World. That's not glorifying WoW. I've read multiple times that WoW only offered a handful of max level dungeons and just two raids at Vanilla launch. I say ok, that's still a handful of dungeons and two raids more than New World offers as end game content.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean it's at least something? Something New World doesn't have at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think people glorify WoW's endgame, they just use it for comparison. And right now even Vanilla WoW 17 years ago simply offered more endgame activities than New World. That's not glorifying WoW. I've read multiple times that WoW only offered a handful of max level dungeons and just two raids at Vanilla launch. I say ok, that's still a handful of dungeons and two raids more than New World offers as end game content.
    Character progression doesn't stop at hitting max level in New World. Just because you think you don't like that part, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Again all you do is complaining that New World is not WoW. It's weird.

Character progression doesn't stop at hitting max level in New World. Just because you think you don't like that part, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Again all you do is complaining that New World is not WoW. It's weird.
    Okay, please tell me what character progression in New World is after you reach level 60. The only progression then is getting better gear. Your weapon gameplay is exactly the same as it was at level 10, 20 or 40.

Okay, please tell me what character progression in New World is after you reach level 60. The only progression then is getting better gear. Your weapon gameplay is exactly the same as it was at level 10, 20 or 40.
    Sounds like WoW to me.

Sounds like WoW to me.
    LOL, congrats, you played yourself because the entire progression on max level in New World is getting better gear. There's nothing besides that on level 60, that's the entire premise when you've reached max level.

LOL, congrats, you played yourself because the entire progression on max level in New World is getting better gear. There's nothing besides that on level 60, that's the entire premise when you've reached max level.
    So boiled down New World's endgame is the same as WoWs endgame? What's the issue with endgame content then?

So boiled down New World's endgame is the same as WoWs endgame? What's the issue with endgame content then?
    That you don't have the variety or amount of endgame content to get this done. No raids. Only 1 endgame dungeon (and the one at level 55). Nevertheless, we're talking about two different things here:

1. Quantity/quality of endgame content
    2. Character progression on max level

The answer for 1 is: endgame content in New World is barely existing while at the same time being incredibly repetitive and grindy.
    The answer for 2 is: the only character progression on max level is getting better gear.

That you don't have the variety or amount of endgame content to get this done. No raids. Only 1 endgame dungeon (and the one at level 55). Nevertheless, we're talking about two different things here:

1. Quantity/quality of endgame content
    2. Character progression on max level

The answer for 1 is: endgame content in New World is barely existing while at the same time being incredibly repetitive and grindy.
    The answer for 2 is: the only character progression on max level is getting better gear.
    Dunno, I can also argue that WoW's endgame content is "incredibly repetitive and grindy" and that "the only character progression on max level is getting better gear". See, now all of a sudden New World got endgame content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

New World is not WoW and that's good. If you want WoW's endgame go and play WoW.

Dunno, I can also argue that WoW's endgame content is "incredibly repetitive and grindy" and that "the only character progression on max level is getting better gear". See, now all of a sudden New World got endgame content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

New World is not WoW and that's good. If you want WoW's endgame go and play WoW.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry, but your reading comprehension seems a bit lacking. There is no meaningful endgame content. It has nothing to do with me not liking it, it's just not existing. So in your eyes my only choice is a) have no endgame content and be fine with it or b) go back to WoW?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry, but your reading comprehension seems a bit lacking. There is no meaningful endgame content. It has nothing to do with me not liking it, it's just not existing. So in your eyes my only choice is a) have no endgame content and be fine with it or b) go back to WoW?
    Except there is end game content. It might be shallow. It might not be for you. But its there. So yea, it comes down to you not liking it or finding it deficient. Im sure they will be adding more stuff to do soon. The good thing is their is no sub. You bought the game. You quit at like 18 im assuming. Wait til they add the content then bitch. Id at least try to get to max level though.