Poll: What's your impression of 9.2?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was turned off as soon as they said "new system".

Please, stop with a new borrowed power system every fucking patch that gets thrown out immediately afterwards.

bad... i was hoping they would learn finally but nope, another system to grind out, more gated flying, and now gated normal/HC raid for the tiny mythic world-first player base. The only thing that is good and shocking is no more renowned levels. From what I've seen even the Art department is off this patch, esp tier sets.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    it looks alright from what i saw but maybe could have created some new skeletons for creatures

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title. Just wanted to get an overall picture of how (ex-)players are feeling about the final patch of Shadowlands.
    I think it's going to be awesome. I'll no doubt enjoy it because my opinion is that the game has improved with each expansion. It's the same thing every patch or content drop. The vast amount of effort, Details & QoL go completely ignored then haters just pick apart a few things like story, etc and play pretend like they are a new-york best seller. Some of the reactions to it have been laughable tho. Makes me wonder why people are not doing better things if they don't enjoy the game.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

im perfectly fine with a new zone, new raid, new rep... those are fine and traditional
    ive just been waiting for sylvannas to just die and anduin not get bullied around for so damn long
    and for AP to not feel like an annoying job

Thoroughly meh, tendency towards bad. Besides being pretty much ticking all narrative sins imaginable by now, it also just looks lame for a place of such importance. Gameplay wise they have some good things (tier sets for all endgame content!), but they also already mentioned how they will timegate what little story wow usually offers.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

meh, it does not make me want to grind all the way upwards, been there done that and since i am a pleb without any in-game friends to carry me in order to do some compelling content afterwards, i will pass.

It doesn't feel like Warcraft at all, but it does feel a whole lot like Hob lol.

Bad , zereth mortis doesn't look interesting , technology being behind the fabric of the afterlife is just stupid. Titans all over again . Creatures automas and what not , boring , reskins , brokers are meh don't care at all .

We will kill the Jailer then never return in this place again , no further explanation on who the first ones are and where they are or what they're doing.

All of shadowlands has been mediocre , the selling point of the xpansion the covenants have been relevant for exactly one patch. 9.1 is recycled assets galore and 9.2 is looking to be a lore blackhole, just have to wait a few more expansion for them to put in breadcrumbs that maybe give us answers to the questions this mess of an expansion raised.

They should scrap the zone/grind and just drop the raid and a new dungeon.

The player base wants to raid log, it’s what we could all do during this games peak. Like TBC classic right now.

We don’t want to be chained to logging on daily.

After thinking about it some more I actually think this is much worse than what I thought initialy. This needed to be 8.2 but even bigger and better. Its far from that.
    Do we see the end of Warcraft here with this major patch going wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    They should scrap the zone/grind and just drop the raid and a new dungeon.

The player base wants to raid log, it’s what we could all do during this games peak. Like TBC classic right now.

We don’t want to be chained to logging on daily.
    Just no /tenchar

It is a realm beyond a realm, beyond a realm, beyond a realm.... meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    After thinking about it some more I actually think this is much worse than what I thought initialy. This needed to be 8.2 but even bigger and better. Its far from that.
    Do we see the end of Warcraft here with this major patch going wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Just no /tenchar
    The game was vastly more fun and successful when the players could just log on and raid log. Not worry about stupid boring daily chores and garbage.

When I see what they do with Tier sets I'll decide then. The art of them is okay, but they look like slightly modified greens.
    I have a feeling they are going to be lazy and only modify covenant abilities, which is basically a trash move.

7+ Year Old Account
    All around meh

Mediocre as the whole expansion. But the storyline is what makes it bad
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Looks promising in first glance ... AND ... Will be meh in reality

not enough info but so far it seems really devoid of creativity and imagination.

feels like it was made by the B team while the A team is working on the next expansion, or something.

Conceptually and aesthetically not that interesting to me, though it has the benefit of being introduced to players before we're aware of what's coming after it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It doesn't feel like Warcraft at all, but it does feel a whole lot like Hob lol.

It's what they do best. Ape ideas, art, and gameplay systems from other games and try to frankenstein it into something "fun". Torghast is a blatant ripoff of FFiv tower of the dead. there are dozens of other examples, but im not giving this game more of my energy to explain them to people if they dont already know what they are.

I'm 100% convinced that the people working on WoW at the moment just suck as game developers. They have no vision, no creativity and in general no idea what they're doing. But at the same time they don't understand this, since they just don't seem to be very bright. They'd need a whole lot of new people with god knows how much talent and skill to overhaul their entire game at this point.