Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Isn't the 22 days estimate if you actually manage to chain the research? As in log in whenever the previous one is ready again? So after 18h I need to come back and immediately start it again, otherwise I lose time because I'm not a hobo or in home-office. So for most people the 26 day estimate seems rather sound.
    Yes you are correct, but the copium boys wanted the sugar coated version.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Something wrong with the vault? Or even better question, what they promised you with vault and didn't deliver?
    To be fair they said that you could get dungeon mounts out of it when they first showcased it. The final version didn't got that, probably because we only got one (two with Tazavesh) dungeon mount this expansion compared to BFA's 3/4.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Yes you are correct, but the copium boys wanted the sugar coated version.
    There's no copium here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What is weird is that you are ok to farm a new currency to unlock something you already have and behind a timegating while paying.
    Luckily you don't have to pay for something you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Luckily you don't have to pay for something you don't like.
    Sure since the current extra content is basically TBC and SoM once i did my hc/mythic prog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ also the "dont pay" strat is the bottom of the barrel for copers

I still don't get why players even need flying in Zereth Mortis anyways. The open world content is completely optional for raiders, so I don't see why players who hate it need the button to make it pointless to begin with.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I still don't get why players even need flying in Zereth Mortis anyways. The open world content is completely optional for raiders, so I don't see why players who hate it need the button to make it pointless to begin with.
    Dunno, maybe it's simply because it's a big zone and flying makes life so much easier? And there are still things to do there, even if they don't give player power? You could also ask why players needed Vanilla zones flying in Cata. Odd thing to say, really.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-11 at 05:26 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Sure since the current extra content is basically TBC and SoM once i did my hc/mythic prog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ also the "dont pay" strat is the bottom of the barrel for copers
    ...and also the only answer to a problem that isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because NPCs frequently get click text lines even if they are super minor and only part of a single thing.

Sappronetta Flivvers, for example, is only involved in a couple extremely minor quests related to Mechagon but has custom voiced lines.
    But that's exactly my point. Sappronetta is minor but she is clearly someones, probably Golden's, pet character with the intent to see more of her in the future, what with this sort of mult-expansion goblin/gnome romance. You don't record new interactable character voice lines if they're planning to bench them immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But that's exactly my point. Sappronetta is minor but she is clearly someones, probably Golden's, pet character with the intent to see more of her in the future, what with this sort of mult-expansion goblin/gnome romance. You don't record new interactable character voice lines if they're planning to bench them immediately.
    Runas the Shamed would probably disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    No timeskip, no large-scale revamp. 10.0 is dragon isles.
    I personally would love a dragon-themed expansion but I can see Bellular & Taleasin covered the Dragon Isles stuff with reckless abandon. For one thing, for all we know a shop pack getting dragon concept art was just existing art left over from hearthstone. (Blizzard commissions a lot of third-party art that never gets used in an official capacity) But also they instilled a false narrative about what the Dragon Isles were:

Youtubers took Blizzard devs saying "they would love to get back to Dragons someday" and constructed it into this fiction about this Dragon Isles zone they always wanted to do but the truth is they never did Dragon Isles because they didn't have any ideas for it. Dragon Isles were an abandoned vanilla zone from before the development of WoW shifted from dungeons to quests. Early on, WoW was being developed with Everquest as its template: Lots of Dungeons, few quests. But they quickly realized people preferred questing than grinding mobs, so they realized they didn't need as many zones as were first planned. There was supposed to be a dragon raid on the dragon isles but there was no plot & that raid got repurposed into Onyxia'a Lair. The only "unused" idea for the Dragon Isles was the temple built into a rock shaped like a squid & that got reused for Temple of the Storms in BFA.

If we do get a dragon-centric expansion it would feel disingenuous to call it the "dragon Isles" expansion when the Dragon Isles were a creatively bankrupt idea in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Runas the Shamed would probably disagree with that.
    That's hardly comparable, he got a whole questline. We're talking about an NPC who already had dialog, getting entirely new clicky dialog; Two sets of canon dialog, when they're supposedly supposed to get killed off.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because apparently this needs to be explained here.

Alleria CHOOSES whether she's going to use her normal fair form or her Void form.

The Shadow Priest CAN'T choose that, literally just play one (since nothing can be taken for granted here, Shadow form =/= Void form btw).

Those here who disagree with me disagree with Canon. I won't repeat myself.
    100% bs. There is a click on use called void eruption for some time. Shadow priest can hold on to it.. and keep at there insaniry level if in combat. So essentially using it when they want. Lol

The rest is headcanon as usual, take it all with a grain of salt. As for the void elf fanatism, just go cooldown or something.. we get it.. you like them, but please spare us how the suffered and how cool they are. Not eveyone shares your tiny interrsst.

We know you block everyone who dissagrees with you, so you probably will not read this, but please consider this feedback.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-11 at 07:16 PM.

There is literally zero evidence that Sapphronetta will ever be used anywhere again. She has voice lines because they wanted to distinguish her from just being an average gnome, not because Golden has already written her into importance elsewhere 2 expansions ahead of her initial involvement.

You DO record interactable character voice lines for benched characters. That is exactly why I brought up Sapphronetta, she is a direct example of that. They do custom voice lines whenever they feel that something is going to get clicked and needs distinct voicelines for its situation, not because the character has to have later involvement that makes having those voice lines worth it.

For example, Anduin is a fairly minor character in Pandaria, who only shows up a few times, but his NPC was still given custom voiced clicking lines referring to specifically being in Pandaria. Those voice lines ONLY work in Pandaria--they were not added because he was an important NPC that was going to show up later, outside of MoP, they were added for his involvement in MoP.

Runas the Shamed, the Nightfallen you meet in Azsuna, has custom voice lines. His entire role in the story is to show up for that one questline and then end up withered. He is 99.999% likely to never, ever show up again anywhere, but they still gave him custom voice lines.

Samuel Williams, the Kul Tiran who accompanies you and Taelia in Stormsong has custom voice lines. His entire role in the story is also to show up for that one questline and then get turned by the Stormsong cultists into an abomination and killed.

The fact that Sylvanas was given new voice lines means nothing other than that they felt her existing lines were inappropriate to the current situation, and so recorded some new ones.

You DO record interactable character voice lines for benched characters. That is exactly why I brought up Sapphronetta, she is a direct example of that. They do custom voice lines whenever they feel that something is going to get clicked and needs distinct voicelines for its situation, not because the character has to have later involvement that makes having those voice lines worth it.
    You're using benched to mean characters who are present but uninvolved in the plot, like Sapphronetta or Khadgar, etc; ​I'm using benched to refer to characters that disappear from the world entirely, like Illidan. And if it's just her presense in pre-shadowlands content, that wouldn't make sense with this new, post-redemption arc clicky dialog. (I.E. they didn't record new clicky dialog referencing the defeat of the legion for Illidan when he's getting his noble exile moment, like people are supposing for Sylvanas.) She's definitely going to be unimportant for a while but this new clicky dialog implies she's still going to be around on azeroth for post-shadowlands events. The clicky dialog implies she's going to be somewhere people can actually interact with her, rather than just vanishing.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-01-11 at 07:26 PM.

You're using benched to mean characters who are present but uninvolved in the plot, like Sapphronetta or Khadgar, etc; ​I'm using benched to refer to characters that disappear from the world entirely, like Illidan. And if it's just her presense in pre-shadowlands content, that wouldn't make sense with this new, post-redemption arc clicky dialog. (I.E. they didn't record new clicky dialog referencing the defeat of the legion for Illidan when he's getting his noble exile moment, like people are supposing for Sylvanas.)
    No, I'm not. Samuel Williams is not "present but uninvolved in the plot", he is dead.
    General Grashaal is not "present but uninvolved in the plot", he is dead.
    Runas is not "present but uninvolved in the plot", he is a mindless pseudo-zombie.

I am giving you exact examples of clicky dialog being added to NPCs who are then killed off.

She's definitely going to be unimportant for a while but this new clicky dialog implies she's still going to be around on azeroth for post-shadowlands events. The clicky dialog implies she's going to be somewhere people can actually interact with her, rather than just vanishing.
    No. It doesn't. We already know where she's going to be where people can interact with her: Zereth Mortis. Illidan doesn't have new dialogue because he becomes the Jailer in the same cinematic where we leave. Sylvanas already became her current form and the NPC who has these new lines is the NPC who is hanging around in 9.2 an entire patch where she will be clicked on.

Nothing about that suggests she has to show up anywhere else.

No. It doesn't. We already know where she's going to be where people can interact with her: Zereth Mortis.
    Except she doesn't. The new clicky dialog exists in the game files but the 9.2 Sylvanas doesn't use it. She's not at the conclusion of her arc yet.

My bet is Tyrande conscripts her to rehabilitate the Night Elf Dark Rangers she made back in BFA. Also possibility for 9.2.3 pre-order allied race?

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not. Samuel Williams is not "present but uninvolved in the plot", he is dead.
    General Grashaal is not "present but uninvolved in the plot", he is dead.
    Runas is not "present but uninvolved in the plot", he is a mindless pseudo-zombie.
    These aren't even examples of new clicky dialog: they're examples of unique clicky dialog being replaced with generic clicky dialog.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-01-11 at 07:56 PM.

Except she doesn't. The new clicky dialog exists in the game files but the 9.2 Sylvanas doesn't use it. She's not at the conclusion of her arc yet.
    ??????

These aren't even examples of new clicky dialog: they're examples of unique clicky dialog being replaced with generic clicky dialog.
    They are examples of Blizzard deciding that even though a character is just going to be killed off right after their moment, it's worth recording custom audio for their click interactions instead of using the existing Kul Tiran/Stoneborn/Nightfallen default dialogue.

7+ Year Old Account
    PTR servers are down so lets hope for a nice juicy build

#TEAMGIRAFFE

We already had the revamp of these zone in Cata and later on, really stop redoing the starter zones that people skip or run through

- - - Updated - - -

ye sorry is 22-26 according to soul that is ok then rofl
    Soul was wrong in his video like most

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Something wrong with the vault? Or even better question, what they promised you with vault and didn't deliver?
    Picture this
    A vault where loot eligibility for bosses didn’t really matter
    You could kill sludge fist 3 times and bonus roll 3 times then your vault would hold gear from him with no doubles or you could choose the bonus roll token instead

This is what we were shown and what we had for a bit in testing

In the end bonus rolls are removed
    Gear is repeatable with three sets of pants
    Boss kills only matter due to the final 3 bosses of each raid

Mission tables specifically in legion were sold as “they find quests and you can go out with them and do the quests and possibly work on getting a legendary to drop”

I don’t think BfA had much in terms of under delivery on features but I hated the azerite system from day one anyways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Islands that don't actually have anything on them. The entire game is accessible without Pathfinder.
    I think wrath is a good example of designing the game with flight instead of designing around it. I want some post game areas that require flying to get to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Isn't the 22 days estimate if you actually manage to chain the research? As in log in whenever the previous one is ready again? So after 18h I need to come back and immediately start it again, otherwise I lose time because I'm not a hobo or in home-office. So for most people the 26 day estimate seems rather sound.
    Currently you can chain them
    You need one rank in every node and you can do them at like 4 or 5 nodes at once I’m not sure

The soulsobreezy thing ppl are talking about was a video that was bugged (he would have known if he spent 5 minutes on Twitter talking to other testers) and he went with it until he got corrected by another creator who pointed out it was closer to 18 days

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    In the end bonus rolls are removed
    Gear is repeatable with three sets of pants
    Boss kills only matter due to the final 3 bosses of each raid
    Ye well, you could also get repeatable gear with Seals roll. Also, you have now two extra rows of gear selection from M+ and PvP. So it is harder to target a gear piece, but overall choice is greatly improved and not only limited to raids anymore.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.