Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am excited, the Paladin is going to make me a popular choice to take in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    snip

Dude, if some idiot says he wants to play a scary game, you can list everything that is scary or has jump scares or whatever.
    What's the deal here?

How the F is it worthless to the consumer?
    Anything with "Horror" in it would fit. Everything.
    Obviously he doesn't care if it's a strategy game, a shooter, a survival game or whatever. That's not on the genre. Wtf.

I would argue you are trolling actually because your use of language and concepts are seemingly ignorant. It is not sensible an adult would think Doom and Amnesia are in the same genre or Neverwinter Nights and Lost Ark are the same type of game by extension of logic you have expressed.
    Not my fault that someone can't differentiate between a genre and a subgenre.

It tells you nothing useful about the game. If I was interested in playing a game such Grimrock having just beaten the game, some listing of Divinity as a dungeon crawler would inaccurately point toward a game unlike what I had just played or desired.
    It tells me that the dungeon is the important part of the game and that it's about going in there, exploring it, while doing combat. That's the *main point* of the game and the focus it has chosen.
    If that's what I'm looking for, then that would be the genre I'm looking for and start taking a closer look with a more specific genre.
    Fantasy, Steampunk, Rhythm what-the-fuck ever you pick.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-02-10 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    If you've got Amazon Prime, especially to those planning on playing for free, there's a bundle you can grab every month that comes with the paid for monthly buff [Crystalline Aura, €9.99] and a chest of various stuff as well as gems.

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/lostark

Effectively making it "free" to those who didn't buy the Founder bundles.
    It's only 5 days, not 30

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's only 5 days, not 30
    Pft, cheap skates...

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Dude, if some idiot says he wants to play a scary game, you can list everything that is scary or has jump scares or whatever.
    What's the deal here?

How the F is it worthless to the consumer?
    Anything with "Horror" in it would fit. Everything.

Obviously he doesn't care if it's a strategy game, a shooter, a survival game or whatever. That's not on the genre. Wtf.
    it's too broad. I am sure you are being purposefully boneheaded on this now. Your logic doesn't make sense as a useful descriptor.

Gauntlet is the game that consumer is likely looking for? '95%' of consumers are thinking that is an accurate descriptor for Gauntlet being a scary game? The family wanting a comedy doesn't care if it is Operation Dumbo Drop or Evil Dead 2?

This is foolish in the extreme. In practice, more supports what I saying than your assertions. We don't often find Game of Thrones in the Romance section, Evil Dead along the same shelf as Something About Mary, and Porky's 2 or find Gauntlet under the horror filter.

Not my fault that someone can't differentiate between a genre and a subgenre.
    Subgenres are genres.

Again, compound and subgenres exist. Mystery, Thriller, and Mystery-Thriller are different things.

If you think genre labels are silly, that is fine. If you use a genre label the intended purpose is hyper specificity to those you are communicating with. You are wrong otherwise. Flat out.
    Right, so please enlighten me. What does the A in ARPG stand for.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

After playing a bit more, this game feels very much like a combo of Guild Wars 2 + Diablo.

It definitely has more of an A-RPG feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Right, so please enlighten me. What does the A in ARPG stand for.
    ARPG is an acronym of Action Role Playing Game. However, the genre acquired more distinctive elements over time that made it apart from Action RPGs by design and gameplay. Other genres became more distinctively labeled despite contemporaneous or legacy labeling; Shooters encompasses SHUMPS, Run-n-Gun, First Person, etc. Or Souls-like being a genre apart from the Action-Adventure categorization the original Dark Souls (and Demon's/King's, etc) were typically filed under.

Genre labeling is progressive and inherited by nature. Someone makes something with elements of X and Y, that becomes distinctive over time or through popularity. Then we can narrow what we are talking about in classifying Witcher 3 (an Action RPG) from Path of Exile (an ARPG) as the games are expressed.

Someone had to categorize something as an Action genre and something else as an Adventure genre for the compound labeling of Action-Adventure to exist. Historically this was parallel to Mystery actually and over time people came to label these distinctly. Like in the early 1930s and so on.

If the Witcher 3 and Diablo express their gameplay and design distinctly they are not the same genre.

It's kind of hard to get an honest view into endgame and monetization.

So as far as i know you want to have around 6~ alts to do daily stuff and funnel ressources into your main because otherwise progressing is super slow, idk. how doing 3 hours of daily's every day is fun but whatever.

What can you do with moderate spending instead of whaling? The thing i heard above doesn't sound enticing but I'd be okay if you can throw 15-20$ every month to minimize that.
    What if you want to swap mains? Is all that grind for naught?
    There is only an ilvl check and no dps meters afaik for endgame content, how hard are the enrage/dps checks? Are you heavily enticed to spend there if you're not a 1% prodigy gamer?

I'd search for answers myself but honestly most of the contents you find are by probably very biased and new content creators, dunno how much I can even trust that lmao.

it's too broad. I am sure you are being purposefully boneheaded on this now. Your logic doesn't make sense as a useful descriptor.

Gauntlet is the game that consumer is likely looking for? '95%' of consumers are thinking that is an accurate descriptor for Gauntlet being a scary game? The family wanting a comedy doesn't care if it is Operation Dumbo Drop or Evil Dead 2?

This is foolish in the extreme. In practice, more supports what I saying than your assertions. We don't often find Game of Thrones in the Romance section, Evil Dead along the same shelf as Something About Mary, and Porky's 2 or find Gauntlet under the horror filter.

Subgenres are genres.

What are you even talking about now, lol.
    Even if it's "broad" it still fits in all the flipping boxxes for that genre.

And I know shit about Gauntlet. If it's labeled as a Horror game, it would fit.

If all the guy asked for is a scary game, you'd - by logic, start from the most popular and go to the most niche product. But that's not the point is it?
    If it's scary, the label "horror game" would still be correct, no matter how old it is or what else it is.

So what do you want?
    What IS Lost Ark in your Opinion?
    Is it not an MMO because it's "too broad"?
    Or is it an MMO for some reason EVEN THOUGH it's a broad term?

Sweetie, just stop before I have to ignore the fecal matter you throw at my screen.

ARPG is an acronym of Action Role Playing Game. However, the genre acquired more distinctive elements over time that made it apart from Action RPGs by design and gameplay.
    I thought Kenn is the most retarded user on this forum. I don't care anymore.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-02-10 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What are you even talking about now, lol.
    Even if it's "broad" it still fits in all the flipping boxxes for that genre.

And I know shit about Gauntlet. If it's labeled as a Horror game, it would fit.

If all the guy asked for is a scary game, you'd - by logic, start from the most popular and go to the most niche product. But that's not the point is it?
    If it's scary, the label "horror game" would still be correct, no matter how old it is or what else it is.

So what do you want?
    What IS Lost Ark in your Opinion?
    Is it not an MMO because it's "too broad"?
    Or is it an MMO for some reason EVEN THOUGH it's a broad term?

Sweetie, just stop before I have to ignore the fecal matter you throw at my screen.

I thought Kenn is the most retarded user on this forum. I don't care anymore.
    Fencers always thinks very rigidly about these things.

This is basically like saying that Destiny 2 isn't an FPS because it's really an MMO. Genres overlap, they can work with each other, combine into other things.

Anyway, I'm trying the game out right now and I'll confess that I'm a bit underwhelmed. I start the game out, I have like 7 buttons that are all, "AoE that one shots everything" and they don't seem to really interact or work together in any meaningful way. So I just press whatevers up, see a pretty animation, and all the bad guys are dead.

I would imagine it gets more structured later on, but right now I barely even pay attention to what I'm pressing or why, or even what class I'm on.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-02-10 at 05:22 PM.

I find the "it's boring" bitching from people who have only played for like only an hour or two kinda funny, like the first hour or two of any mmo is like super amazing crazy fun or something while you kill 10 boars and collect 6 bear butts.

Saying ARPG and Action RPG aren't the same thing, has definitely gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

That's like saying FPS and First Person Shooters are different genres.

Fucking hell, lol.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

I played the game for a little bit when it first released in Korea. I believe this was around the time of BFA and my guild was on the last mythic boss of the first raid tier.

I LOVED Lost Ark then.

Now that I playing the NA version. It's just not as fun as I remembered. I guess it could be because it doesn't have my favorite class (Big Ass Hammer Guy). I've literally tried every class in the NA version and none of the scream out to me and make me want to main them.

Its a mmoarpg. Its a genre mashup and it does it very well.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I played the game for a little bit when it first released in Korea. I believe this was around the time of BFA and my guild was on the last mythic boss of the first raid tier.

I LOVED Lost Ark then.

Now that I playing the NA version. It's just not as fun as I remembered. I guess it could be because it doesn't have my favorite class (Big Ass Hammer Guy). I've literally tried every class in the NA version and none of the scream out to me and make me want to main them.
    Given how important is the class choice in hiw the game plays on multiple levels, i cann see yiur point perfectly.

After 20 hours of gameplay: getting used to the standard keybinds has been the best chooce i made. Hard at the beginning but now itnjustvfeels so natural with the game combat flow. Invest the time in learning it imho. Maybe R and F button are not great, i think i'm gonna remap only those and a couple of the battle items buttons.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

For anyone interested in PvP - Soulfist
    This is the best guide i found entire day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6xaB0mFqAA

Is perfect
    I was in losing streak without knowing what to do...but this build gave me a couple wins...and even MVP in one game (UwU)

Im very happy:
    1-A new MMO that runs smooth on shit PCs and without many bugs
    2-I ended up enjoying the PvP in said game

I couldnt ask for better birthday present than this game's release!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Saying ARPG and Action RPG aren't the same thing, has definitely gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

That's like saying FPS and First Person Shooters are different genres.

Fucking hell, lol.
    FPS is frames per second, duh!

I'm still waiting tomorrow for the F2P acces, but with this many people with premium packs already, AND there are servers with queues, I fear I'm not going to be playing a lot in the next few weeks until most people level up some, get tired of it fast and leave...

I really hope they have planned some more servers for the real release date tomorrow or it's going to be a big NOPE for severals weeks for me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    I'm still waiting tomorrow for the F2P acces, but with this many people with premium packs already, AND there are servers with queues, I fear I'm not going to be playing a lot in the next few weeks until most people level up some, get tired of it fast and leave...

I really hope they have planned some more servers for the real release date tomorrow or it's going to be a big NOPE for severals weeks for me ^^
    I'm hoping it won't be so bad, because the cheapest founders pack is cheap enough that most people who wanted in probably grabbed it and played early? Otherwise yup, nobody gets to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !