Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    I would rather they bring back the tabletop Warcraft RPG than just throw in some race into WoW.
    That's what I'm hypothesizing. That there will be a new WoW Tabletop RPG revealed on Friday that will include this new race as a representation of 5e's Dragonborn. As part of that, they're implementing this race in WoW.

This is all predicated on us getting any dragon race, whether the imaged one or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It would make sense if those dragon humanoids used the existing Dreadlord rigging - but they don't.
    Reminds me more of Worgen, really.

Also look more like NPC models. No visible gear or anything. Not convinced they're even WoW models, and certainly not a player race.

The talent UI also screams fake. Looks kinda like you're supposed to pick up base abilities from the Class version. I fail to see how that could be a compelling decision. "Hey, here's your chance to completely botch your character by failing to take up necessary abilities to be able to play it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Clearly we're dealing with a different type of Dragonkin.
    But why? We have both bipedal and quadrapedal dragonkin using armor. In fact all dragonkin- not dragons but dragonkin- use armor. Why would they change that for the PC? Are they just trying to make it a metamorphisis like ability? If so... it just is a weird decision and I don't see it being likely to be true. Well, the race may be but the leak looks fake. Amazing that the leak comes just hours after an hour saying something similar exists.

IMO the dragon leak at character creation is not the WoW art style. It looks like if they had made it for WoW in 2010. It's not cartoony enough to fit in with how the other races now look.

Imagine the dragon race is real and a blizzard dev goes through here.

"Ok, so there is someone having information here, and a lot of people dont believe him ,hehe"

"Oh damn, someone just leaked our presentation screens"

"Oh fuck, they dont like our absolutely amazing and long worked on dragon race "

Why is this so hard Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

I'd play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyalios View Post
    But why? We have both bipedal and quadrapedal dragonkin using armor. In fact all dragonkin- not dragons but dragonkin- use armor. Why would they change that for the PC? Are they just trying to make it a metamorphisis like ability? If so... it just is a weird decision and I don't see it being likely to be true. Well, the race may be but the leak looks fake. Amazing that the leak comes just hours after an hour saying something similar exists.
    Who knows how early in development these pictures potentially are?

Who knows how the form is connected to the class? It could just be a customizable, naked Metamorphosis for all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I mean... the model we got leaked looks very out of proportions than the type of dragon race I expected. Also sword and shield might work, but everything else will just look ridiculous imo.

The image you gave me looks more like a reptilian race than the Dragon esque race we got in the leaked images.
    I think its the wings that are throwing you off. That's a Draconoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    That's what I'm hypothesizing. That there will be a new WoW Tabletop RPG revealed on Friday that will include this new race as a representation of 5e's Dragonborn. As part of that, they're implementing this race in WoW.

This is all predicated on us getting any dragon race, whether the imaged one or another.
    I'd prefer if they'd base it on PF2 than 5E.

Though either way there'd be no need for them to match the race lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya'll losing your minds and need to go to bed with this crazy crap lol. Can't wait for tomorrow for this to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If these three images are legit I think this is going to go down as one of the most hated expansion reveals in WoW history.
    That's actually really subjective. All of it looks cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinya View Post
    Just look at D&D https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/C...lfless+Paladin

Doesn't seem like a hard concept to nail.
    Not exactly reasonable to compare card art of a fully armored warrior to an unarmored in-game model. All your picture is showing is that armored knights look cool.

Just to post this here for comparison from another game, Divinity Original Sin 2:

Love how Work In Progress is always plastered on leak pics like this, like the devs need to be reminded "sorry hun you're not done with this yet )"

7+ Year Old Account
    i love the complete polarizing nature of this thread

"if this is real this will be the best expansion in a long time"
    "if this is real this will be the worst expansion reveal of all time"
    "This is amazing i cant wait to play a dragon"
    |They look silly as shit, how would they ever wear armor and use weapons?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    But that only makes it sound more legit cause that's what Blizzard would do.
    With Allied Races, sure, but races added as expansion features like Draenei, Blood Elves, Pandaren, etc. have always had completely unique rigs made specifically for that race and nothing else.

And maybe I am jumping the gun too fast as there's no motion so it's harder to tell if it's actually using a pre-existing skeleton or not, but the idle stance looks very familiar to me. I can't quite place it with 100% accuracy, but I think it's the Female DH Metamorphosis form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If these three images are legit I think this is going to go down as one of the most hated expansion reveals in WoW history.
    Yup.

With so many great dragon models, I really hope that Blizzard wouldn't go this route.

Blizzard, this is the dragon form people want;

Quote Originally Posted by Keyalios View Post
    Yeah, if the images are real then the drakonid combat form just seems like a weird attempt to get a middleground between those who want to be a dragon, and also avoid the problems of turning into a dragon in combat.

I mean, would you still be able to turn into a "real" dragon outside combat to fly around? I cannot imagine why players would be willing to accept this not being part of the race/class.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Out of curiosity is the armor to the right new or recycled?