Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1) Haunted.

2) Corrupted to all hell with nightmare goop. And haunted.

Honestly Hyjal was the right pick. Relatively short trip too, just a bit of a climb. And well out of range of catapults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Azsuna is haunted, but the ghosts were elves once so expecting to reach an accomodation is not exactly unreasonable. Shaladrassil... is a more interesting problem. The tree itself will keep poisoning the land unless healed.

Wasn't there something in the lore about Teldrassil being corrupted? Was it ever resolved or just swept under the rug?
    They tried to heal it in vanilla. Healed it again in a pre-Cata book. Tried for a third time in the Cata-era starting zone. Nothing they did ever seemed to get rid of the last of it, like the Rift of Aln is still deep in that cave in the heart of the Dream even after Xavius was killed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Azsuna is haunted, but the ghosts were elves once so expecting to reach an accomodation is not exactly unreasonable.
    As I mentioned, Prince Farondis was one of my favorite characters, he didn't seem as haughty or as arrogant as some of the other Highborne - he was simply an honest and flawed person struggling to do the right thing and make the best choices in a very difficult situation, and was hated by his people for doing so.

I wonder what Farondis must think of his neighbors, Thalyssra and Suramar City, along with Mayla and the rest of the Highmountain tauren, joining the Horde. I mean, Farondis and his Court are all Highborne, yes, but Azshara who worked with Sylvanas was also Highborne and was responsible for their fate...I'd imagine the political situation in the Broken Isles, Azsuna and Val'sharah with Highmountain and Suramar, and perhaps even Stormheim after what Sylvanas did to Eyir, must be pretty awkward and complicated for everyone involved.

I mean, I know he was technically neutral, but if he and his Court really want to rebuild and do more than languish in misery and isolation forever, I think sooner or later, they will need new and permanent allies, regardless of the faction.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ken_isles_now/

I've also found some older threads discussing whether the night elves visited the Broken Isles post-Sundering, and the current status of Val'sharah. I do agree it is weird why Maiev and her Wardens seemed to ignore Azsuna, Val'sharah and Suramar when they were pursuing Illidan there. Did they also suddenly forget about their Vault and their Isle during their pursuit?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...ounding_areas/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...y_night_elves/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor..._to_valsharah/
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-04-22 at 02:06 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Honestly Hyjal was the right pick. Relatively short trip too, just a bit of a climb. And well out of range of catapults.
    Teldrassil was:
    1) Absurdly out of range for catapults
    2) In the sea
    3) Living green wood

Still burned due to writer ignorance and wanting to shit on the Alliance again. Rest assured, Horde catapults will be able to hit Icecrown from Orgrimmar if Danuser wants them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I suppose between the Iron Horde and Legion invasion, the numerous battles that constitute the Fourth War, and an attempt by a Death God to destroy the world that both the Alliance and the Horde have been a bit busy without other matters - not a lot of resources to spare for reclamation projects like Gilneas or Gnomeregan, much less a conflict in Lordaeron prior to the destruction of Capital City in the Fourth War.

Of all of those, you'd think the Blood Elves might've gotten around to restoring the destroyed half of Silvermoon City, though.

- - - Updated - - -

That may not possible as long as Azshara is alive - spells like that have a tendency to be tied to the life of their caster, so to speak. Although based on the quests in Azsuna it does look like there's some way around it (given the one guy who somehow manages to bartend himself out of the curse).
    Well if the writers did put at least a third of the effort they did with making all these invasions, wars and new threats (often in terrible ways through) into using and developping these zones, the rest of Silvermoon, Gilneas and Gnomeregan would have been restored a very long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Well if the writers did put at least a third of the effort they did with making all these invasions, wars and new threats (often in terrible ways through) into using and developping these zones, the rest of Silvermoon, Gilneas and Gnomeregan would have been restored a very long time ago.
    The rule of thumb for WoW was and continues to be that if it isn't directly pertinent to the current goings-on, then for all effective narrative purposes it may well not exist. Silvermoon, Gilneas, Gnomeregan, and Outland will forever be locked in stasis and frozen in time until such time as they're directly relevant to an expansion or content patch.

I agree it sucks, but I guess it's just the way of the beast insofar as WoW goes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    For the same reason why humans won't be allowed to ressettle in Lordaeron, save Southshore, and worgens and gnomes aren't allowed to come back to their homes.
    Hearthglen (and so should Tyr's Hand too) have human civilians living there...
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aszuna might not be the best of ideas since it is distinctly haunted as well as occupied by the Azurewings, but Val'sharah seems like it would be a decent location assuming that the corruption in and around Shaladrassil can be cleaned up.
    I don't know if that would do more harm than good. It seems ideal because you have places like The Dreamgrove for the druids and they could look to rebuild The Temple of Elune for their priests, the problem comes in three parts. First, you have it's proximity to The Emerald Nightmare, which I don't think has been fully addressed; it has receded and weakened with the death of Xavius, but is still very much there, and is still potent enough to threaten the Emerald Dragonshrine in The Deaths of Chromie. Though it might be a remote possibility, the possibility of corrupt Night Elves nurturing the fading nightmare is a possibility. That said, this could be argued in the inverse, and it could be that the oversight of the Night Elves could make it less likely for bad actors to gain access to the nightmare, though we have seen how corruption "trickles down" with characters like Fandral Staghelm.

Second, there is the continued issues related to Black Rook Hold. While this would make an amazing fortification and could be a stronghold of power for the Night Elves and the Alliance, I believe it's still haunted by its ancient protectors who see anyone who comes inside its walls as Legion invaders; instead of being a powerful fortress to expand Alliance control, it could be a crippling vulnerability. Unless the hold was cleansed of its current tormented occupants, there will always be a risk of an attack from the forces in the hold.

Lastly, there's an argument to be made regarding Night Elves possibly having conflicts of interest if this were to become a seat of power. The Dreamgrove is ostensibly neutral and is a place were druids from the Alliance and Horde are welcome. If the Night Elves took Val'sharah as their new homeland, Horde access to The Dreamgroves would inevitably be restricted, if not just out of fear that the Horde would inappropriately abuse the status of neutral entities like they did with Dalaran. This would put the Night Elven druids in an awkward situation, as it's likely that Cenarius and other Wild Gods would want to maintain the neutrality of the grove, but the Night Elves would probably want access controlled. Conflict over The Dreamgrove could become an unneccessary point of friction between the Alliance and Horde, but more importantly within circles of druids like The Cenarion Circle.

That said, I could be super overthinking this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, these Horde catapults could easily hit a tree several kilometers off the coast.

-Snip-
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-23 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed image
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Teldrassil was:
    2) In the sea
    3) Living green wood

Still burned due to writer ignorance and wanting to shit on the Alliance again. Rest assured, Horde catapults will be able to hit Icecrown from Orgrimmar if Danuser wants them to.
    They're saving the goblin canon for when the night elves find a safe spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Clearly they will need help with repopulating their population. I volunteer wholeheartedly.
    ^Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    I think that not including and expanding upon the the Broken Isles was a wasted opportunity during Battle for Azeroth.

From the Horde POV:
    In Battle for Azeroth, I was a bit surprised how they spent some effort introducing the allied races (such as the Highmountain tauren and the nightborne), but never really seem to explore their actual settlements that much, in the Broken Isles.

I mean, if you look at any map, they were situated EXACTLY between Kul Tiras and Zandalar, and Azshara must have sent forces there to take the Tidestone to Nazjatar, which was also situated fairly close to the Isles. They should update both regions for Horde players at least.

The nightborne could easily have played a more active role in the Fourth War, perhaps even a staging ground against Boralus and the Eastern Kingdoms. Same for the Highmountain tauren, who could have further strengthened bonds with the tauren by inviting Baine's people to fortify their cities.

From the Alliance POV:
    - Mount Hyjal might be better fortified than Teldrassil, but there's nothing preventing the entire Horde from bombing and burning down Nordrassil if push comes to shove (with major tensions and skirmishes still lingering according to Exploring Kalimdor). The Horde Council could easily marshal their combined forces to stage a massive aerial assault via zeppelins and airships, and Nordrassil becomes Burning of Teldrassil 2.0.

- The Wardens have existing settlements in the Isle of the Watchers in Azsuna already, and have Towers all over the rest of the Broken Isles. From the Battle of Darkshore onward, both Maiev and Jarod seem to be aligning themselves with the Darnassians fully now in any case.

- There could be a Highborne connection to Azsuna, the other ancient pre-Sundering magical center, perhaps with Mordent Evenshade and the existing Shen'dralar, something that might be better explored. I have no idea whether Farondis is aligned with the other night elves at present post-Burning of Teldrassil, but I liked him a lot as a character also.

- Tyrande has links to the Temple of Elune and the priestesses there, and Malfurion and the kaldorei druids to Lorlathil (his birthplace) and the Dreamweavers and druids in Val'sharah, many of whom he personally tutored in ages past. I think that the night elves were also responsible for growing Shaladrassil in the first place.

- The night elves literally have no capital or real home at the moment, they might as well find somewhere closer to the Eastern Kingdoms, where the Alliance can perhaps support them more directly, rather than in Kalimdor, where they are in honesty, very badly outnumbered, outmatched and surrounded by enemies on all sides. Teldrassil is yet a smoking husk, the kaldorei can never truly win their guerilla wars in Ashenvale and Azshara, Feralas is heavily contested territory at best, and even Darkshore is pretty much lifeless and abandoned after the Fourth War, with Bashal'Aran in ruins once again.

I mean, if the Dragon Isles are now being explored and Tyrande is apparently playing an important role, they might as well do something more in-depth with the nearby Broken Isles and give the night elves something new and interesting. I personally liked Legion and the gameplay there a LOT as an expansion overall, and I at least don't want them to be forgotten like the draenei and blood elf starting zones for over 15 years now.
    I think the reason they are not resettled is comparable to the reason Tjernobyl has not been resettled; too much corruptive, toxic and dangerous shit about.
    Nightmare, fel and undead are all plentiful in those lands.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I don't know if that would do more harm than good. It seems ideal because you have places like The Dreamgrove for the druids and they could look to rebuild The Temple of Elune for their priests, the problem comes in three parts. First, you have it's proximity to The Emerald Nightmare, which I don't think has been fully addressed; it has receded and weakened with the death of Xavius, but is still very much there, and is still potent enough to threaten the Emerald Dragonshrine in The Deaths of Chromie. Though it might be a remote possibility, the possibility of corrupt Night Elves nurturing the fading nightmare is a possibility. That said, this could be argued in the inverse, and it could be that the oversight of the Night Elves could make it less likely for bad actors to gain access to the nightmare, though we have seen how corruption "trickles down" with characters like Fandral Staghelm.

Second, there is the continued issues related to Black Rook Hold. While this would make an amazing fortification and could be a stronghold of power for the Night Elves and the Alliance, I believe it's still haunted by its ancient protectors who see anyone who comes inside its walls as Legion invaders; instead of being a powerful fortress to expand Alliance control, it could be a crippling vulnerability. Unless the hold was cleansed of its current tormented occupants, there will always be a risk of an attack from the forces in the hold.

Lastly, there's an argument to be made regarding Night Elves possibly having conflicts of interest if this were to become a seat of power. The Dreamgrove is ostensibly neutral and is a place were druids from the Alliance and Horde are welcome. If the Night Elves took Val'sharah as their new homeland, Horde access to The Dreamgroves would inevitably be restricted, if not just out of fear that the Horde would inappropriately abuse the status of neutral entities like they did with Dalaran. This would put the Night Elven druids in an awkward situation, as it's likely that Cenarius and other Wild Gods would want to maintain the neutrality of the grove, but the Night Elves would probably want access controlled. Conflict over The Dreamgrove could become an unneccessary point of friction between the Alliance and Horde, but more importantly within circles of druids like The Cenarion Circle.

That said, I could be super overthinking this.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you're talking about, these Horde catapults could easily hit a tree several kilometers off the coast.
    That pic remind me that gnomes could probably create nukes.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-23 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's possible that with the twin deaths of Xavius, which restored the core of the Emerald Dream back to itself, followed by the death of N'Zoth that the Emerald Nightmare has finally been eradicated. We won't know that for sure until we see more of the Emerald Dream, which we're supposed to be doing in Dragonflight itself. As for Deaths of Chromie, most of that takes place in alternate continuities that now never were and never will be, as with the primary timeline restored it's likely that the Emerald Dragonshine is once more free from Nightmare corruption.

With the Dreadlord Dantalionax defeated and the Amalgam of Souls dispersed, it's possible that the fettered ghosts of Black Rook Hold have also been released into the Shadowlands. Although it's likely that any rebuilding Night Elves might still give the place a wide berth, given its rather unsavory history even if it isn't actively haunted.

For this, I'd say the Druids of Val'sharah would probably make room for their dispossessed peers. While the Dreamgrove itself may remain neutral ground where both Alliance and Horde members of the Cenarion Circle can meet, it's ultimately only a small portion of greater Val'sharah. Horde members of the Cenarion Circle were and are still welcome in Nighthaven, after all; and that sits at the heart of Night Elven lands. Would also be politically helpful if the Horde Druids of the Circle lent their aid in clearing up the remaining corruption around Shaladrassil and restored Shala'nir. That would go a goodly way toward providing true reparations for their actions in the Fourth War, if the Night Elves were to settle in Val'sharah.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They can take over the Temple of Elune ona broken shore and restore it and the island around it. Or teleport the whole building to the western ashenvale they have mages now.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    They can take over the Temple of Elune ona broken shore and restore it and the island around it. Or teleport the whole building to the western ashenvale they have mages now.
    This is another reason they should move back to the Broken Isles. Their two main Temples were located there, Suramar was actually where the Sisterhood was originally based. Now that Tyrande is all about "renewal"...what better place to start than her ancient priesthood?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    This is another reason they should move back to the Broken Isles. Their two main Temples were located there, Suramar was actually where the Sisterhood was originally based. Now that Tyrande is all about "renewal"...what better place to start than her ancient priesthood?
    Wouldn't that just be regression rather than renewal?

Nelfs can develop in both Kalimdor, EK, Broken Isles and more, they don't have to move to a new place en masse.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Legion we got a blue post claiming we'd see an uncorrupted version of the temple.

This is making me hopeful for old world revamp, Southern Kalimdor and Lordaeron could use a facelift. The old world is still mysterious in its own ways, with stories that haven't been resolved (hello Kurzen madness), reparations and change in demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Back in Legion we got a blue post claiming we'd see an uncorrupted version of the temple.

This is making me hopeful for old world revamp, Southern Kalimdor and Lordaeron could use a facelift. The old world is still mysterious in its own ways, with stories that haven't been resolved (hello Kurzen madness), reparations and change in demographics.
    That give me hope, that temple is so beautiful and we finally can see the other aspect of the kaldorei culture not just druidism, we need representation for kaldorei mages wardens etc. They take away even the old elven allys from wc3 the stone giants, furbolgs, dryads etc they are strong together for the night elfs they not just one race, but an alliance of there own. If we get some new area / city for them they need to represent the colorful Darnassians

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aszuna might not be the best of ideas since it is distinctly haunted as well as occupied by the Azurewings, but Val'sharah seems like it would be a decent location assuming that the corruption in and around Shaladrassil can be cleaned up.
    Also pretty sure whatever Azshara cast on that area...well let's put this way, I love Rp as a Sorcerer, Mage, Wizard etc...I would not want to cross her as an opponent.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

That give me hope, that temple is so beautiful and we finally can see the other aspect of the kaldorei culture not just druidism, we need representation for kaldorei mages wardens etc. They take away even the old elven allys from wc3 the stone giants, furbolgs, dryads etc they are strong together for the night elfs they not just one race, but an alliance of there own. If we get some new area / city for them they need to represent the colorful Darnassians
    Does Tyrande and her priestesses not have ANY other surviving temple in Kalimdor? I thought Elune had lots of temples pre-Sundering scattered all over, like the one in Blackfathoms Deeps or something. Could they also perhaps try to settle in Feralas, near Eldre'Thalas? Perhaps Elune has some kind of ancient abandoned temple there that might be renovated?