Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I doubt it. He also said that no other class fits the Dracthyr. So he's talking out of both sides of his mouth like the lawyer he is.
    No other class fits the Dracthyr AT LAUNCH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    No other class fits the Dracthyr AT LAUNCH.
    No, he said period, which is why they designed the Evoker class in the first place. Their stated goal was to create a dragon race and a dragon class.

7+ Year Old Account
    You haven't been paying attention to the interviews or the source material for this class. If you had, you would have a better idea of how this class is going to play.

LMAO, sure, the interviews, im sure they are 100% accurate, not biased and never lied before

I remember they saying how amazing azerite gear was going to be as well.

While it's not using fire to heal, it is using other Alexstraza HotS healing abilities.
    So, like i said, half-asset
    And while you can't be every race in the book, they're still using visages, just like the dragon aspects.
    If you can't use other visages like dragons, the concept to "be dragons" is half-asset and flawed
    Again, players who don't want to be Evokers have plenty of other options. They can go there, and leave this concept alone.
    That is not how it works, there is no options to be a half-dragon as other classes

Again, your concept will not be taken from you, it will be expanded.

Except people like you will never be happy. So there's no point in altering great stuff just to meet your criteria for what is or is not good.
    Bullshit

like i said, i will be happy when i can be a tauren dragon like Ebyssian/ebonhorn, otherwise, the excuse of "dragon concept is flawed.

You are using a slippery sloppy fallacy here

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I wonder what their racials are going to be. Maybe the pseudo-dragonriding outside of the Dragon Isles Ion talked about will be one of them.
    Since they can only be one class there won't be any classic racials. All their abilities are evoker abilities, and all evoker abilities are dracthyr abilities.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Druids, Shamans and Paladins all require additional art assets.
    So, hard to make some totens and a glowing horse, isn't like they do those things every patch.

Besides, what about monks? tell me what it needs to be done to make goblins and worgens monks

Because it was too much work to put scales eyes horns new hair on other races that aren't as popular.
    Too much to put a horn and scales in other races he say

Multi-billion dollar company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Bullshit

like i said, i will be happy when i can be a tauren dragon like Ebyssian/ebonhorn, otherwise, the excuse of "dragon concept is flawed.

You are using a slippery sloppy fallacy here
    Again, I have no problem with expanding Visages to other races. I have a real problem with expanding Dracthyr to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Since they can only be one class there won't be any classic racials. All their abilities are evoker abilities, and all evoker abilities are dracthyr abilities.
    Where do they say that? Not giving them racials would be boring and then they would have to make racials if they ever give them more classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do they say that? Not giving them racials would be boring and then they would have to make racials if they ever give them more classes.
    They're not going to make them other classes. That's the point. Keep in mind, they also said they were open to giving Demon Hunters other races too. That was seven years ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    People really arguing for less options over more??? So weird to me.

Even if more visages = diluted appearance for all, the whole point of the race is to be in dragonform, and I think having the option to make your mortal form any race is important for the fantasy.

That being said it should be limited to the core races if we want to be fair to the devs.

Also, when you start arguing against/for certain features just because of "popularity" I think that is a very dark path to tread. If the game is doing well they should be able to do non elf/human stuff without being held hostage by cosmetic sales.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

7+ Year Old Account
    They won't get more classes down the line - so no, they don't need racials lol. And they also don't need other classes - I'm 100% with Teriz on this one.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Also, when you start arguing against/for certain features just because of "popularity" I think that is a very dark path to tread. If the game is doing well they should be able to do non elf/human stuff without being held hostage by cosmetic sales.
    It's clearly not doing well. Hence why the race is so limited in the first place and why the race is an OC race designed to attract a new audience instead of a well-established fanfavorite.

If the game was doing well we would have had a world revamp already with housing etc instead of systems revamps only every two years.

7+ Year Old Account

Even if more visages = diluted appearance for all, the whole point of the race is to be in dragonform, and I think having the option to make your mortal form any race is important for the fantasy.

That being said it should be limited to the core races if we want to be fair to the devs.

100% this

If you look at the aspects and other dragons, their visage form DON'T have those heavy customizations anyway, some horns here and there, but thats it, there is no reason to double down on that, and they should focus on the dragon form, allowing we pick any visage we want.

And yes, i agree with the core races being the options for now, put some dragon eyes and the option to put horns if you want or not, and you its done.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see Dracthyr working out with other classes.
    Evokers and Dracthyr are basically one and the same thing.

I'd rather they just keep expanding visage forms, and/or add Drakonids as an alternative dragon race that can be any class since those guys are just powered up mortals anyway.

Formerly known as Arafal

We are like the aspects. We can do everything they can do (and perhaps more since the specs merge the powers of multiple dragonflights), we just don't look like four legged dragons.

Once the final models are released and we get all of our customizations, things will be fine.
    Oh im sure, I can't wait to see more tbh

10+ Year Old Account

Just to clarify, I COMPLETELY support more visage options. I think if someone wants to look like a Gnome, Goblin, Tauren, Vulpera, etc. in their mortal forms, so be it.

However, allowing Dracthyrs to be anything other than Evoker is a bad idea, and should be completely discarded. As @Arafal said, bring in Drakonoids to sate that desire.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-22 at 02:24 PM.

Actually just realized that Murozond's final act may be bringing Yrel and the Lightbound over, and/or may ACTUALLY cause a Timeskip. Hence why they are being secretive because people can start putting together the dots when the villain is revealed to be time themed.

the interview talks about Anduin's fate. I wonder what his own journey means. So he's not with Sylvanas "thank God"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ82gxFV...jpg&name=large

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    the interview talks about Anduin's fate. I wonder what his own journey means. So he's not with Sylvanas "thank God"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQ82gxFV...jpg&name=large
    That doesn't say he isn't joining Sylvanas in the Maw. Apparently her 9.2.5 cinematic is heavily rumored to be a follow up of the book's ending, where someone in armor approaches her, so it will probably be some conversation they have... but I think the ending of that will be Sylvanas kicking him out of the Maw because it's her penance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, I COMPLETELY support more visage options. I think if someone wants to look like a Gnome, Goblin, Tauren, Vulpera, etc. in their mortal forms, so be it.

However, allowing Dracthyrs to be anything other than Evoker is a bad idea, and should be completely discarded. As @Arafal said, bring in Drakonoids to sate that desire.
    How come though?

Most Class animations are fairly standardized, and the Dracthyr use existing rigging, so as long as they have generic melee and casting animations, they could fit any class.

Lore has never really been a deterring factor as we've seen they can make stuff up on the fly. At this point its just what Blizzard wants for the race rather than any story or technological reason, but we know they're open to feedback.

If cross-faction play became a thing, then anything is on the table imo, I don't think Blizzard will be stubborn about anything again provided there is enough feedback.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

That doesn't say he isn't joining Sylvanas in the Maw. Apparently her 9.2.5 cinematic is heavily rumored to be a follow up of the book's ending, where someone in armor approaches her, so it will probably be some conversation they have... but I think the ending of that will be Sylvanas kicking him out of the Maw because it's her penance.
    Perhaps Ion is dodging the answer, will he stay in the Shadowlands or go to Dragonflight. I want to know if he will meet Wrathion or not.