Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    probably form wherever the dev's want but anything that wasn't available during that expac or after stays out, qol change or not that's what ppl asked for then they moaned in blizzard's ears for classic
    The RDF was part of that expansion - https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Dungeon_Finder

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not do dungeon grinding until I level capped at 80. I quested and farmed all my characters to 80 to level professions along the way. The several family oriented guild I became a part of made dungeon grinding at 80 fun and enjoyable. No one focused one was focused on whether you could top the charts. We all died trying to pull as much of the dungeon that we possibly could. It was truly a blast back in Wrath. The focus was having fun. There were smaller groups of people who went through the raid content. When they finally beat the boss, they would take anyone who wanted through the content so they could experience it for themselves. The game changed after Wrath of the Lich King. Many did not like what was coming in Cata. A lot of people quit the game. I stayed with the game. Kind of sorry I did. The best time I had in WoW was the end of TBC and all of Wrath. To me, the LFD tool showed the massive shortcoming of the community. It was not just the people who did not understand what they were doing. It was, many saw it as an opportunity to belittle people who were not as good as them. The LFD, like the LFR later, showed just how toxic WoW had become. The best thing Blizzard did was create Mythic+ to remove most of the toxic garbage from normal and heroic dungeons. Course for some, mythic+ became the toxic level for them. I was a happy camper to not get beat over the head while running heroics. I consider myself a decent player, but I have no desire to endlessly chase the rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    The RDF was part of that expansion - https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Dungeon_Finder
    i know but it wasn't in form the beginning, people are wanting wrath classic form 3.0 with lfd included at that point, iirc it was added in 3.3

i know but it wasn't in form the beginning, people are wanting wrath classic form 3.0 with lfd included at that point, iirc it was added in 3.3
    Fine if they don't put it in at the start, but they need to put it in when they put in the 3.3 patch stuff.

Fine if they don't put it in at the start, but they need to put it in when they put in the 3.3 patch stuff.
    that i hole heartedly agree, the devs seem to think that will destroy the social aspect, i don't believe that, i think it'll still be destroyed with out it as new players wont be able to get groups for dungeons unfun dungeons will just be ignore after 1st few weeks ect

Did some Moron there really say if you wanted a group finder play retail? (Retail sucks, that's why I was waiting on LK to re-sub just to play it, retail class design sucks, game design sucks, scaling sucks, war-mode only power idea sucks. (just a lot 'o suck to go around, I want to play LK as LK was released and patched *if it's going to be added in the patch it originally came out in fine, fair enough *I'd rather keep their crappy design idea's off it anyway and just keep it how it was).
    not moron - wow's game director

this speaks volume about the direction they took game in legion-sl and where they will take it and classic in future

straight into grave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    I did not do dungeon grinding until I level capped at 80. I quested and farmed all my characters to 80 to level professions along the way. The several family oriented guild I became a part of made dungeon grinding at 80 fun and enjoyable. No one focused one was focused on whether you could top the charts. We all died trying to pull as much of the dungeon that we possibly could. It was truly a blast back in Wrath. The focus was having fun. There were smaller groups of people who went through the raid content. When they finally beat the boss, they would take anyone who wanted through the content so they could experience it for themselves. The game changed after Wrath of the Lich King. Many did not like what was coming in Cata. A lot of people quit the game. I stayed with the game. Kind of sorry I did. The best time I had in WoW was the end of TBC and all of Wrath. To me, the LFD tool showed the massive shortcoming of the community. It was not just the people who did not understand what they were doing. It was, many saw it as an opportunity to belittle people who were not as good as them. The LFD, like the LFR later, showed just how toxic WoW had become. The best thing Blizzard did was create Mythic+ to remove most of the toxic garbage from normal and heroic dungeons. Course for some, mythic+ became the toxic level for them. I was a happy camper to not get beat over the head while running heroics. I consider myself a decent player, but I have no desire to endlessly chase the rabbit.
    sorry to burst your bubble but classic has proven what you are saying to be nonesensical

after first 2 weeks its either you are booster boosting and then burying boosts on alts or you dont do dungeon at all because there is 0 groups

classic has de-evolved into monstorcity worse then retail at this point

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

this speaks volume about the direction they took game in legion-sl and where they will take it and classic in future

straight into grave.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to burst your bubble but classic has proven what you are saying to be nonesensical

after first 2 weeks its either you are booster boosting and then burying boosts on alts or you dont do dungeon at all because there is 0 groups

Soooo it was just the head moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Not mad. Retail is terrible. And LFD there is irrelevant because gearing happens in M+. [...]
    I hadn't picked up on this but it's a good observation: RDF (LFD) has been useless in Retail since a couple of expansions now because its content is irrelevant after the first week. So Ion's joke doesn't even make sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You couldn't overgear Cata heroics because even Normal raids were quite a stepup from Wotlk Normal and since raids were tuned around having heroic gear, a lot of people were stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    As someone who tanked on Cata launch, the blues from heroics and a couple of pvp pieces/arena weapons was more than enough to knock them over.

Also the raids on normal were easy, especially when you could run them in 10m, I barely remember doing Magmaw before we were killing him on heroic for example.

The supposed difficulty of early Cata is one of the biggest rose tinted glasses since Vanilla raid difficulty.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

I don't know how hard you try to play Classic. But I've played Classic on and off ever since Classic was released, I jumped off the Season of Mastery train rather quickly as it wasn't my cup of tea. I want additional changes spicing things up, to me Season of Mastery was released too quickly with too few changes for a fun new season of Vanilla. But I keep playing TBC: Classic and I look forward to transitioning into Wrath of the Lich King.

It was easiest the first two months or so, that's for certain. The game was booming like crazy with an insane amount of players. I had to spend like 7-8 hours in queue for most of the first two months just to get into the darn game. But you are overstating how bad the current state of the game is. I just got my Mage from level 50 to 53 yesterday and did three dungeon runs without any problems whatsoever. No boosting and I didn't have to sit forever to get a group going either. You guys are making it sounds far worse than it truly is unless you are playing on a dead server. And I totally agree that Blizzard has to do something with the dead servers as those are a ghost town where you can't really do much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    As someone who tanked on Cata launch, the blues from heroics and a couple of pvp pieces/arena weapons was more than enough to knock them over.
    Gear wasn't the primary issue when you lost a dps on Erudax and could no longer kill the adds in time.

It's not a debate whether at what level you could do them, fact is that a lot of people struggled to beat them.
    Also the raids on normal were easy, especially when you could run them in 10m, I barely remember doing Magmaw before we were killing him on heroic for example.
    Okay, same happens to me on Heroic Raids on Retail, does that mean Heroic raids are easy actually to most players?
    The supposed difficulty of early Cata is one of the biggest rose tinted glasses since Vanilla raid difficulty.
    Except that you had the literal System Lead Designer going out and telling players how to play, then later admitting that players failed to rise to the challenge and preferred to quit.

You can dance around it all you like, but Cata was a difficulty wise a stepup from Wotlk (Normal Raids and Heroic dungeons at least) and a lot of players were unable to manage that.

you guys wanted #nochanges now u can all deal with the consciences
    This small sample poll tends to tell another story.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This small sample poll tends to tell another story.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7
    Yeah, no surpise. Back in the day there were GDKP & boost runs too, but not as rampant as is it now. Chat is literally filled with that shite spam + guilds recruting for very good geared players.

Its even worse when leveling. So hard to find grps for alot of dungeons and when you do write in chat for ppl, its drowned in the neverending spam. Its like you gotta go fullscreen to catch whats being written and what ppl search for.

I don't know, if this is such a huge concern, one could suggest to just have them remove the ID from heroics.

Disregarding that this way to catchup on content wasn't available in actual Wotlk until 3.3, so it does certainly impact the pace at which players would gear themselves compared to actual Wotlk.
    I could imagine that without an ID lockout, people (especially tanks & healers) would just spam DF the entire day, once they got locked out of the dungeon they want loot, they just drop and requeue until they get the dungeon they want.

In 3.3, people were largely after the badges (or Emblem as they were called in Wotlk), but in Phase one, people will care about the Loot itself as well, not having an ID lockout there would be quite a game changer.
    So leave it in the game as it was originally then? Or do they think that when enough people shit on them/leave WotLK Classic and they bring it back at 3.3 or whenever with a "we listen to feedback" excuse that we will buy it? For me it was also a good way to try and have some sort of solution for dead servers or servers where one faction is sitting at 10% or less of the population and they get trolled to oblivion when trying to do instances (whenever they can get a group for any).

I said it from back when they were announcing some changes for TBCC: I had always been a #somechanges person, but they have turned me into an avid #nochanges one with all their nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post

I said it from back when they were announcing some changes for TBCC: I had always been a #somechanges person, but they have turned me into an avid #nochanges one with all their nonsense.
    It's too late for this, the poll is already at 5k5 votes with 60% wanting RDF on launch.

share on twitter and facebook guys, we need more votes.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2022-04-23 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    So leave it in the game as it was originally then?
    I mean, let's say they'll do this and Dungeon finder comes out with Phase 4...will this please those that want the Dungen finder?
    Considering how some people act, they're not going to touch Wotlk without the Dungeon finder, meaning they'll only play Wotlk when it's literally over.

Keep this in mind when you say "Leave it in the game as it was originally", because Dungeon finder only came out at the very end of Wotlk.
    And the argument "Well, it was there for half of Wotlk's lifespan!" forgets that this half of Wotlk lifespan was a 10 month content drought content.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-23 at 11:03 AM.

Being a 40h work week player with family I for one was hoping for automated dungeon gruop finder, that would allow me to stick to other activities out in the world, instead of being glued to Dalaran, watching announcements, wasting my precious play time hoping to get my whisper through in time before groups are full. I don't suppose I'll stick around for long, and Wrath was only incentive to renew my subscription.

3+ Year Old Account
    Time for Blizzard to reconsider and stop listening to this annoying and tiny minority. We want Classic Wrath with no changes, give us LFD back!

Dungeon finder only came out at the very end of Wotlk.
    And the argument "Well, it was there for half of Wotlk's lifespan!" forgets that this half of Wotlk lifespan was a 10 month content drought content.
    People saying it came out 'at the end' of Wrath are just being disingenuous and trying to invalidate the fact it was there for a significant period during the expansion, as if its removal from Classic wouldn't make much difference to the integrity or experience of Wrath as far as changes go.

69% to yes
    Nice