Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    First off, loved your work in the DF intro video. 11/10 performance
    lol took me a while to figure that one out

ur gay

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Apaprently some itnerviews said we willb e able to pick different body types for the dragons, to be more buffy.

With that covered, the only problem is the visage, who atm is only a female humand and a male blood elf, and we should get, at least, all core races as visage/humanoid form.

So i hope at least that part is covered until release

ITs amazing how this always repeat itself and people still don't learn
    I think that the worst thing about the Dragon People humanoid forms is that they're NOT a Male Belf and Female Human disguise. That's just what their humanoid form looks like for some reason. Which makes it worse imo, because it means that their humanoid forms just so happen to look like current existing races.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This is all we want Blizz:
    noooo, thats what YOU want... i honestly like their idea of dracthyr more, sepecialy since its CASTER, not melee...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean we went through this same dance for Covenants being clearly a power min-max problem and broken, they did nothing. And for Azerite armor being clearly a power min-max problem and broken, they did nothing.
    ignoring the fact that community VASTLY overblown the issues with covenants and azerite, its a bit different to change system whole expansion is build around and to change models... not even the same people working on those two things...

The face is kind of silly.
    But, the bulkiness can definitely be transferred.

People saying that model is too bulky have never seen an orc mage/lock?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Do you guys all remember this fiasco?
    No. Also who the hell cares about the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did we really need yet another thread reminding us that Dracthyr in their pre-Alpha state look kind of weird?
    Apparently. People seem to forget that people doing the art work and the people doing the animation, mechanics, and coding are not the same. These models are probably rough drafts quickly made so that the people doing the other aforementioned work have something to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly, Dracthyr are extremely tall, maybe even taller than Tauren. So they're going to be physically impressive looking in game. In addition, Blizzard has already stated that they will be getting loads of customization options. It more than likely won't be very bulky, because they're already very tall and have large wings, but it will probably offer more along the lines of that meaner looking black dragon mock up that is popping up all over the place.

With that said, I'm VERY happy they didn't give us a boring Draknoid race. I'm very satisfied with the new race/class, and frankly I hope Blizzard ignores the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ignoring the fact that community VASTLY overblown the issues with covenants and azerite, its a bit different to change system whole expansion is build around and to change models... not even the same people working on those two things...
    The community has a very selective memory. Like how they forgot the Azerite traits were supposed to replace tier bonuses. They also forgot that Blizzard had to nerf previous tier sets in Legion because of the ability to wear 2pc of one, and 4pc of another provided a Legendary did not take up a slot. They whined when Blizzard executed this nerf.

Honestly, I don't care about buff dragons... I'm more of a slender type myself. Not saying Dracthyr is perfect, but nah...not everything needs to be over the top size, with arms bigger than 2 heads etc etc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Honestly, I don't care about buff dragons... I'm more of a slender type myself. Not saying Dracthyr is perfect, but nah...not everything needs to be over the top size, with arms bigger than 2 heads etc etc.
    What's your view on them being extremely tall though?

I think a very tall, slender dragon race is visually very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What's your view on them being extremely tall though?

I think a very tall, slender dragon race is visually very interesting.
    heavily depends on how "extremely tall" is... but everything tall makes is that you need to have the rest in correct proportions for their height.
    it's honestly not something I can't comment on without seeing it compared to other races IN GAME.

if they are crazy taller than everyone else it will probably look weird.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    A Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I think that the worst thing about the Dragon People humanoid forms is that they're NOT a Male Belf and Female Human disguise. That's just what their humanoid form looks like for some reason. Which makes it worse imo, because it means that their humanoid forms just so happen to look like current existing races.
    Dragons have always canonically taken the forms of existing humanoid races to blend in with them. The Chromie book even went over the process and ritual and explained how it's a pretty big deal to the dragons what forms they take.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Supposedly, Dracthyr are extremely tall, maybe even taller than Tauren. So they're going to be physically impressive looking in game. In addition, Blizzard has already stated that they will be getting loads of customization options. It more than likely won't be very bulky, because they're already very tall and have large wings, but it will probably offer more along the lines of that meaner looking black dragon mock up that is popping up all over the place.

With that said, I'm VERY happy they didn't give us a boring Draknoid race. I'm very satisfied with the new race/class, and frankly I hope Blizzard ignores the haters.
    Me too, I fully with you Teriz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Me too, I fully with you Teriz.
    Thank you. It's so weird seeing so many people being confused about what Blizzard was going for with the Dracthyr.

They're going for this;

And yeah, I hope we can get a skin similar to that on our Dracthyr. Get on it blizz!

Thank you. It's so weird seeing so many people being confused about what Blizzard was going for.

They're going for this;

And yeah, that dragon form looks awfully familiar.
    Agreed fully, While yes the model would welcome more edits people shouldnt sh** all over what we got, it literally could have been MUCH worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If Blizzard fails to iterate on the concerns players have made abundantly clear by the time the game gets into Alpha then yes, we'd definitely have a reason for concern. But we already have almost a dozen threads on this subject, I fail to see how this brings anything new to the table other than for the OP to post a couple images for what he'd prefer. /shrug
    As a shaman player since cataclysm I can tell you it's never too early to be loud about things that need to be changed in the game, if you expect Blizz to fix things later it never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dragons have always canonically taken the forms of existing humanoid races to blend in with them. The Chromie book even went over the process and ritual and explained how it's a pretty big deal to the dragons what forms they take.
    Except these are Drak'thyr, and not actual Dragons. They're some experiment of Neltharion.
    Because if these forms were disguises it would not make any sense. since they stick out like a sore thumb with their scales and stuff. If they really were disguises, and if they really could properly transform like real Dragons, then why don't they perfectly replicate a mortal race like Dragons do?
    Yohohoho