Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Drac'thyr humanoid versions

Do you think we will get more than human female and blood elf male? At the very least blood elf female and human male? I really don't understand why they don't put more work on the humanoid version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Do you think we will get more than human female and blood elf male? At the very least blood elf female and human male? I really don't understand why they don't put more work on the humanoid version.
    Nope. They’re not really humans and elves. Blizzard is mixing the two races together into a sort of elf/human hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nope. They’re not really humans and elves. Blizzard is mixing the two races together into a sort of elf/human hybrid.
    They are as unique and new as Demon Hunters are...

I guess DHs would be considered a new race if they came out today, with the current standards...

7+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to say, if the community don't push enough probably not.

They are wasting too much time in pointless customizations for the visage, when the race is the dragon, they think its enough to have 30 hair styles and have dual colors for hair

They have to enable at least the core races for each faction to pick, even without the customizations, which many people would prefer their characters without those horrendous scales in the face.

The devs are pushing that they are just like dragons, they assume the visage form they want, to express themselves, they should allow any race, period.

This will fix entirely, the problem of the Evoker being exclusive to then, cause virtually every race will be evoker if they are the dracthyr visage form.

They are humans and elves, the devs already said they chose their visage forms, isn't "a new species" and its blatantly obvious isn't cause the model doesn't let people lie.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess DHs would be considered a new race if they came out today, with the current standards...
    "they are not rly elves...they are some wacky mixing hybrid of elves and demons, totally a different race!

I hope so. The WoW sort of fantasy of being a dragon or a dragon-like race isn't just in the dragon form itself, but the visage as well, when they assume mortal guises. I don't think them focusing on the visage form is a waste of time. I would love for options for the visage form to expand further into other racial appearances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much they truly are listening to the community IMO. I feel like Blizz would love to get away with simply those two forms & nothing else, but much of the community has expressed a fairly massive desire to expand those customizations to more races/models, especially when a large selling point for this race is having massive customization. I doubt many more models (aside from maybe BE female & H male) will get the hair/horn/scale customizations, but I do feel the amount of racial customization for the Dracthyr humanoid model may well be a barometer for how much Blizz truly is listening to feedback this time.

I haven't paid the most attention to the interviews, but it does seem weird that they wouldn't have allowed whatever faction race you wanted, since dragons are able to choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I hope so. The WoW sort of fantasy of being a dragon or a dragon-like race isn't just in the dragon form itself, but the visage as well, when they assume mortal guises. I don't think them focusing on the visage form is a waste of time. I would love for options for the visage form to expand further into other racial appearances.
    I think the problem is that while dragons can choose any appearance, the prominent ones are almost always some human/elf hybrid. Wrathion, Alex, Nozzy, Kalecgos, and Merithra are all elven-looking humanoids, and that's pretty much what people are going to make. The only real famous dragon that bucks this trend is Chromie, and I highly doubt anyone is not going to play a dragon because they can't look like Chromie.

I know there are people out there who would love to choose Tauren, Gnome, etc. for their visage forms, but I can completely see a scenario where Blizzard completely ignores it, because they know if they implemented such an option, hardly anyone would use it.

- - - Updated - - -

They are as unique and new as Demon Hunters are...

Eh, the visage forms are going to have WAY more options than DHs did. DHs still looked like BEs and NEs.

It's exhausting to see the designs constantly boiled down to only being Human and Belf when they are neither.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    I haven't paid the most attention to the interviews, but it does seem weird that they wouldn't have allowed whatever faction race you wanted, since dragons are able to choose.
    I think it's just an art restriction honestly. They have to draw the line somewhere - maybe it'd be nice if they drew it a little further out though I agree. But maybe that will eventually happen?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

I wonder why have they choose male belf and female human for humanoid forms, or is there male human and female elf planned but just not finished yet as well?\

I mean... I thought some absurd number of players are belfs over 40%? Other elves are popular to... it isn't hard to see why they went with elves.

If you play or have played a Demon Hunter you have the same issue I don't really think it matters in the end. Can only throw so many resources at something before it's a dead end.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the well played interview:
    TW: That’s actually true of the Dracthyr race as well, not just the dragon, they can also dramatically change their face shape in a similar way.
    From the amount of face shapes you have it almost sounds like they aren't human or blood elf but a hybrid. Something that might be explained by the story of their creation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Doubt it. Right now they look like a shi-tty youtube makeup tutorial for halloween. It's almost hilarious. But to be fair the dragon forms look like scrawny weak designs made for furries so oh well.

Just sticking it in the list of crappy aspects of the expansion.

how come that we are not having unique models anymore? all the allied races have already existing skeletons. this new lizard forms are too familiar. I guess it's the arakkoa model. it's really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Its hard to say, if the community don't push enough probably not.
    The community has pushed very hard before. Off of the top of my head: the playable Sethrak thread on of the official forums has 7,000 likes, and was just one of many playable Sethrak threads. And Sethrak aren't even the most requested playable race. The WoW community has come up with many ideas, 2D art and 3D mockups that have gotten tremendous traction in the community (class skins, anyone? Class concepts like Tinker, Timewalker, Dark Ranger, etc), not to mention youtube videos that get hundreds of thousands - sometimes millions - of views... and Blizzard ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    how come that we are not having unique models anymore? all the allied races have already existing skeletons. this new lizard forms are too familiar. I guess it's the arakkoa model. it's really disappointing.
    I feel like if a person can't even manage to tell what skeleton is being reused, they don't get to complain about them reusing skeletons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    I don't know if it's the Arakkoa model reused since the Arakkoa's don't have a /dance... Drac'thyr do.

If anything, Arakkoa models were borrowed inspiration from the Mantid models.

Just add 2 dragon forms

the skinny geko and the bulky drakonid, everybody is happy.