Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    If its nuclear secrets he is so fucked. And if it is the case, I wonder how fast the GOP turns on him. Not the cultists, obviously - they are willing participants in treason already. But it might be a step too far for even the GOP to take.
    Nope, they are in until the very end. Sunk cost fallacy. They'll find some surreal argument why selling nuclear secrets isn't really that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Nope, they are in until the very end. Sunk cost fallacy. They'll find some surreal argument why selling nuclear secrets isn't really that bad.
    I’m sure they’ll start bitching about how Kilary sold Uranium to the Russians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I’m sure they’ll start bitching about how Kilary sold Uranium to the Russians.
    No, it was Hunter Biden who sold it to them, via Hitlery getting it for him, while he was working for Ukraine.
    Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm always confused why Biden's age is brought up as a problem regarding him running in 2024, when Trump is only 2 years younger. If Biden's too old to run at age 79, Trump at 77 (who's health in all aspects is clearly not nearly as good as Biden's) absolutely is too.

Also, those bringing up Hunter Biden or Hillary Clinton in response to Trump being found to have stolen highly classified nuclear documents are parroting the right's #1 playbook which is deflection. Mass shooting->"the shooter played videogames and that caused it", anything to change the subject from gun control. Trump is found to have committed a serious crime (if not treason), bring up Hunter Biden as though they are somehow comparable even though they aren't remotely close. A close associate of Trump commits a crime, "I barely knew them" (lol). Then run out the clock because society has about a 2 day attention span nowadays for the news cycle, which is sad but unfortunately true.

Looks like they're going with claiming the FBI planted everything. I don't doubt that the craziest Trumpers will go along with that, but let's see if any other republicans in congress finally take the offramp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Looks like they're going with claiming the FBI planted everything. I don't doubt that the craziest Trumpers will go along with that, but let's see if any other republicans in congress finally take the offramp.
    It depends if "indicted for selling nuclear secrets to foreign adversaries" is on the table, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our second favorite lawyer at MMOchamp is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Who is the first fave?
    I think that's Cubby

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Who is the first fave?
    Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Obviously we'll have to wait for the results of the investigation, but this reaction gives me a decent idea that they didn't come out empty handed.

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...30987387883520

Trump is fundraising off the possibility he had classified nuclear material. Don't believe me?

Edit: It's a fake - https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...h-468453367102
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-08-12 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...30987387883520

Trump is fundraising off the possibility he had classified nuclear material. Don't believe me?

I believe that I can also get numbers for the lottery from a fortune cookie too. When is the psychic helpline for $5.99 for the first minute, $2 for every minute after going to start? Will we see a late night Trump Informercial claiming to help donate to "Help the Fascists" like the old school Sally Struthers ones for feeding the poor?

"For only the cost of a cup of coffee per day, you too can help a fascist remain in power." - fictional Donald J Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I'm always confused why Biden's age is brought up as a problem regarding him running in 2024, when Trump is only 2 years younger. If Biden's too old to run at age 79, Trump at 77 (who's health in all aspects is clearly not nearly as good as Biden's) absolutely is too.

Also, those bringing up Hunter Biden or Hillary Clinton in response to Trump being found to have stolen highly classified nuclear documents are parroting the right's #1 playbook which is deflection. Mass shooting->"the shooter played videogames and that caused it", anything to change the subject from gun control. Trump is found to have committed a serious crime (if not treason), bring up Hunter Biden as though they are somehow comparable even though they aren't remotely close. A close associate of Trump commits a crime, "I barely knew them" (lol). Then run out the clock because society has about a 2 day attention span nowadays for the news cycle, which is sad but unfortunately true.
    It's not really his age per se, but rather just how awful he looks right now. I was a huge fan of ignoring Biden's age for 2020, because frankly we were desperate, and in 2020 Biden had plenty of energy. Now...he looks fucking horrible. Even in staged events he's barely getting around. I'm not knocking him or calling into question his abilities or faculties, but the Presidential race is also one of image, and Biden's is done.

Harris is really our only practical choice. If we dump Harris and go with another, we'll be caught up in an infight and never recover. The GQP will probably run DeSantis/Haley, and that is a GOOD looking ticket. Harris would go best with our most southern white male candidate, because the United States is still a racist fucking world.

And the next two years, after the GQP takes the House, will be one of on-going bullshit investigations into Biden and Harris, for no legitimate reason.

I agree re your deflection argument - that's all the GQP has now. They have no platform, no legitimacy on policy, and no legitimate leaders. All they can do is distract from their complete lack of actual governance.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree re your deflection argument - that's all the GQP has now. They have no platform, no legitimacy on policy, and no legitimate leaders. All they can do is distract from their complete lack of actual governance.
    Of course they do. "We're mad at the libs and if you elect us we'll make sure we hurt them!"

It's the same policy platform that got Trump elected in 2016.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course they do. "We're mad at the libs and if you elect us we'll make sure we hurt them!"

It's the same policy platform that got Trump elected in 2016.
    And that insanity has now infected the Supreme Court:
    "The liberals made my life miserable for 43 years," a former clerk remembered Thomas – who was 43 years old when confirmed – saying, according to The New York Times. "And I'm going to make their lives miserable for 43 years."

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...ant-fbi-2022-8

How's Fox taking the news so far? Well! They're sharing poorly photoshopped pictures of Jeffrey Epstein and Ghiselle Maxwell, with Epstein's head replaced with a really bad cutout of Judge Bruce Reinhart, who approved the warrant.

Is spreading clear misinformation with the intent of putting a US Judge's safety at risk legal? Apparently.

And more on what investigators found during the raid, apparently - https://thehill.com/homenews/3598071...earch-sources/

Investigators discovered classified documents in two areas: Trump’s personal office above a ballroom and in a storage room near the pool. Sources say there were “boxes everywhere,” with some containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Those are considered some of the highest level of classified documents.
    On the whole "THEY RAIDED MY HOUSE AND NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY STOLE OR PLANTED!" line...well...Trump's attorney Christina Bobb unintentionally killed that lie - https://www.salon.com/2022/08/12/law...thing-on-cctv/

Bobb acknowledged on Thursday that while surveillance cameras at Mar-a-Lago were shut off for a "very short period of time" while FBI agents spoke to Trump's legal team, the former president and his family were able to view the entire raid through surveillance video.

"I think the folks in New York — President Trump and his family — they probably had a better view than I did. Because they had the CCTV, they were able to watch," Bobb told the right-wing outlet Real America's Voice.

Bobb said that she was busy speaking with investigators during the search but the Trump family saw "the whole thing."

"So they actually have a better idea of what took place inside," Bobb said.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://archive.ph/zrmfq#selection-627.83-627.133

And the guy in Ohio that attacked the FBI was a bigtime Truth Social user, nearly 400 messages in 8 days, mostly echoing Trump conspiracy theories about election fraud and promoting violence against the FBI after the Monday execution of the legal search warrant.

Archive link for the WashPo article, because paywalls.

That pic is actually hilarious. "Check out my Titties!!!" vs "I've got my Oreos and whiskey, I'm good" LOL

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...-of-mar-a-lago

FBI agents seized classified records from former President Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago during its unprecedented raid on Monday, including some marked as top secret, according to documents reviewed by Fox News.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart signed the warrant on Aug. 5, giving the FBI authority to conduct its search "on or before August 19, 2022," and "in the daytime 6:00 am. to 10:00 p.m."

"The locations to be searched include the ‘45 Office,' all storage rooms, and all other rooms or areas within the premises used or available to be used by FPOTUS and his staff and in which boxes or documents could be stored, including all structures or buildings on the estate," the warrant states, but did not give authority to agents to search areas being occupied by Mar-a-Lago members or not used by Trump and staff.

The warrant gave agents the authority to seize "all physical documents and records constituting evidence, contraband, fruits of crime, or other items illegally possessed" in violation of U.S. Code, including documents with classification markings and presidential records created between Jan. 20, 2017 and Jan. 20, 2021.

According to the property receipt, reviewed by Fox News, FBI agents took approximately 20 boxes of items from the premises, including one set of documents marked as "Various classified/TS/SCI documents," which refers to top secret/ sensitive information.
    Even Fox News is confirming that yes, the FBI did find classified/top secret documents that were still on the premises. Remember: This is not a federal location like where the Obama presidential records are being housed, legally. This is a personal residence.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...-of-mar-a-lago

Even Fox News is confirming that yes, the FBI did find classified/top secret documents that were still on the premises. Remember: This is not a federal location like where the Obama presidential records are being housed, legally. This is a personal residence.
    They are on right now, literally lying about what was found, saying they have the search warrant. How come no one else has it?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They are on right now, literally lying about what was found, saying they have the search warrant. How come no one else has it?
    So...that means they're posting the text of the search warrant (as much as is unredacted) in full right?

...right?

Or is this a "Trust me, fam" moment? WE NEED TO SEE THEIR ANONYMOUS SOURCE!