Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm - same bug, as with Obsidian Worldbreaker

I really don't know, why it happens. Is it intentional or not. May that's because employee, who is responsible for adding mounts for events - is simply incompetent. But it's second great mount I can't use, because it's FLAGGED AS GROUND MOUNT, so it's summoned in no-flying locations, if I add it to favorites.

There was discussion about it on official forums where Blizzard devs admitted problems with wrong mount/location flagging as flyable/ground. But instead of fixing broken Obsidian Worldbreaker, they added another such mount. And, I guess, there are no signs of fixes for this problem on PTR/Beta.

May be it's time to finally:
    1) Fix flyable/ground location flagging. Oribos for example. Some locations are wrongly flagged as flyable, while flying mounts are actually disabled in such locations. I guess, this is old crutch. It should be fixed.
    2) Make separate flying and ground favorite categories.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

They did it on purpose to bother you and only you.
    You just lost The Game

how about if its so great you want to use it you just do that?
    or did you not know you can put mounts themself on the action bars? you dont need to use fav mounts function only...
    sometimes it feels like you have nothing in your life but hate boner for wow and need to find even the slightest inconveniences... seriously, get help
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-09-09 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how about if its so great you want to use it you just do that?
    or did you not know you can put mounts themself on the action bars? you dont need to use fav mounts function only...
    sometimes it feels like you have nothing in your life but hate boner for wow and need to find even the slightest inconveniences... seriously, get help
    It's not 2008 and Wow isn't on it's peak, so I guess there is no reason for white-knighting Blizzard this way. I.e. to defend them, even when they're not right. It's obvious bug and bugs: 1) Should be fixed 2) Should never be made again. Why it's so hard to understand? It's old and known problem. Blizzard just don't care about it enough to fix it even in new xpack.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Yeah well, I actually agree here with OP.
    For me it seems to be quite an easy thing to fix, the mounts just need to be classified correctly.

But the whole "random mount" function does not work properly, for example never ever has it randomly summoned the "Meat waggon" or the "Wandering ancient mount", neither in non-flyable nor in flyable zones.

While obviously this is no gamebreaking issue that needs to be fixed immediately, but the bugs are known for years now, and yet they even continue to misflag new mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    For me it seems to be quite an easy thing to fix, the mounts just need to be classified correctly.

But the whole "random mount" function does not work properly, for example never ever has it randomly summoned the "Meat waggon" or the "Wandering ancient mount", neither in non-flyable nor in flyable zones.

While obviously this is no gamebreaking issue that needs to be fixed immediately, but the bugs are known for years now, and yet they even continue to misflag new mounts.
    i mean, wouldnt the fact its known for years but new mounts are still misflaged suggest theres some more complicated issue behind it? and if so, its likely to be low prio, given as you mentioned its not gamebreaking... its barely inconvenience

I have to use random mount function, because my collection no longer fits to castrandom macro. I'm player, who don't collect things just for sake of collecting things. Collection - isn't just number and bunch of pictures in UI for me. I want to actually use my mounts. And random favorite mount - is the best way to do it. I've spent 2 hours on doing DK intro. And got nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean, wouldnt the fact its known for years but new mounts are still misflaged suggest theres some more complicated issue behind it? and if so, its likely to be low prio, given as you mentioned its not gamebreaking... its barely inconvenience
    Emm. No. It's simple flag in DB or UI config file. Blizzard tend to exaggerate problems. And it works, because majority of players doesn't understand anything in gamedev. Do you live in capitalist world or not? Exaggerating things' values - is essential marketing strategy.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-09 at 09:12 AM.

Yeah, they do need to work on favourite mounts in general. I hate that certain mounts will never be summoned in certain areas, even if perfectly usable and an ideal mount.

Yes and? Does that mean we should no longer talk about bugs just because they just cause an inconvenience and hope that one day a developer himself has had enough of that inconvenience and fixes it?
    It's the purpose of a public forum to expose those things.

Yes and? Does that mean we should no longer talk about bugs just because they just cause an inconvenience and hope that one day a developer himself has had enough of that inconvenience and fixes it?
    no, you should report them, thats how devs get to know them, not by random whining thread on mmo-c...

It's the purpose of a public forum to expose those things.
    ehm... no?
    purpose of forums is to DISCUSS things, whats there to discuss?
    theres a bug, it needs to be reported, what else constructive can be added to the discusion?

if you get a bike stolen do you call cops or do you go to forum about cyclocross to whine about it there?
    also, check OPs history and tell me you think in all seriousness this thread is to "expose" the bug and not in a bad faith to shit on the game...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-09-09 at 09:38 AM.

no, you should report them, thats how devs get to know them, not by random whining thread on mmo-c...
    But the devs do know them, but obviously the regard them as low priority, so the only way to change something is enough people report it. That why you raise public awareness in a public forum to the issue, the discussion of those things is not the only purpose here.

If no one or not enough people agree then the thread and the issue can just die off with it, but coming in a thread that has a valid complaint and claiming you should not talk about it is not the way to deal with it, regardless of the actual intents of the OP. If you don't agree or are not affected by it (and as you said there is nothing to discuss here), why bother posting and keep the thread active?

7+ Year Old Account
    Just get the addon "MountsJournal" and all of your problems will vanish lol.

There are far bigger issues than this, honestly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Just get the addon "MountsJournal" and all of your problems will vanish lol.

There are far bigger issues than this, honestly.
    Another addon to bandage holes in this game. I guess, it wouldn't survive without addons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Another addon to bandage holes in this game. I guess, it wouldn't survive without addons.
    You know, the simplest answer to why it's marked as both a ground and flying mount is because it's the same as with any other promotional or store mounts - you can use it even on lvl 20 chars. Who can't fly. Hence the mounts are marked as both. That's not a bug, but a design. If you can't deal with that, get an addon designed to asign mounts to each zone and/or character.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-09 at 12:52 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not 2008 and Wow isn't on it's peak, so I guess there is no reason for white-knighting Blizzard this way. I.e. to defend them, even when they're not right. It's obvious bug and bugs: 1) Should be fixed 2) Should never be made again. Why it's so hard to understand? It's old and known problem. Blizzard just don't care about it enough to fix it even in new xpack.
    What has WoW and it's peak have to do with it, you got no clue how crowded wow is atm.
    But blizzard fixing bugs? You are right. They don't care. How long has /who been broken for? 3 expansions? And that feature should be a top prio thing to fix. But according to Blizzard it's not worth their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

1+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, it's this guy... Never expected to see him on MMOChampion. Saw him before on russian WoW-related website/forum called NoobClub, same username, too, and lo' and behold, he's just as insufferable and entitled as he is on our regional russian forums. Please just ignore this dude's threads, don't give him a time of your day. He'll just keep on whining anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know, the simplest answer to why it's marked as both a ground and flying mount is because it's the same as with any other promotional or store mounts - you can use it even on lvl 20 chars. Who can't fly. Hence the mounts are marked as both. That's not a bug, but a design. If you can't deal with that, get an addon designed to asign mounts to each zone and/or character.
    It doesn't mean problem doesn't exist. Flying mounts look ugly on a ground. I don't like when flying mount is summoned in no-flying locations. I have to remove great mounts from favorites and not use them due to this problem. This just isn't right.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't mean problem doesn't exist. Flying mounts look ugly on a ground. I don't like when flying mount is summoned in no-flying locations. I have to remove great mounts from favorites and not use them due to this problem. This just isn't right.
    If it bothers you soooo much, just get the addon? MountsJournal is really awesome and enhances my experience a lot. Would take you 5 minutes to set it up and you wouldn't have to spend time crying on a forum that isn't even created by Blizzard?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why i ride a Swift Spectral Tiger because then i always ride the #1 mount in-game !
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know, why it happens. Is it intentional or not. May that's because employee, who is responsible for adding mounts for events - is simply incompetent. But it's second great mount I can't use, because it's FLAGGED AS GROUND MOUNT, so it's summoned in no-flying locations, if I add it to favorites.

There was discussion about it on official forums where Blizzard devs admitted problems with wrong mount/location flagging as flyable/ground. But instead of fixing broken Obsidian Worldbreaker, they added another such mount. And, I guess, there are no signs of fixes for this problem on PTR/Beta.

May be it's time to finally:
    1) Fix flyable/ground location flagging. Oribos for example. Some locations are wrongly flagged as flyable, while flying mounts are actually disabled in such locations. I guess, this is old crutch. It should be fixed.
    2) Make separate flying and ground favorite categories.
    I am a little confused about this post and how you write it. I just for the shits and giggles went to a flying zone and a non-flying zone with a random setup with this mount included and had no problem summoning it - something I'm missing here, or?

- - - Updated - - -

Aha... So.. The problem isn't that.. you have the freedom to summon a random mount in flying and non-flying zones.. but that you can get a flying capable mount in a non-flying zone? Yeah, that is not a bug mate. People want to use their mounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..