View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Question Famelic lizards form is final, DF release date announced

With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    Chances are high i wont play DF - i honestly dont think im the target audience anymore - fluffy cute little races and now creepy feminine looking snake things being called dragons, all the changes to the core gameplay loop - none of its for me. I have no issue that there are some who are loving it and really happy, but its just not for me.

HOWEVER, to properly answer your question more directly, no, if it wasnt clear enough already i absolutely would NOT play them, i honestly think they look like mobile game bullshit. I also would never kick someone from my group or abuse them simply for liking things i dont like, but i personally wouldnt go near one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ill lvl one but wont main one as I don't want to play a caster.

they look fine though and not feminine in any real sense.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

....did ya'll really think blizz was gonna just trash and redesign an entire race this close to release?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Chances are high i wont play DF - i honestly dont think im the target audience anymore - fluffy cute little races and now creepy feminine looking snake things being called dragons, all the changes to the core gameplay loop - none of its for me. I have no issue that there are some who are loving it and really happy, but its just not for me.
    Pretty much how I feel. The graphics upgrade is an actual downgrade for me, like as you said, everything feeling fluffy and cute. Just isn't my jam.

They are less homoerotic than playing a big burly orc all the time. I remember playing in 2004 and knowing my dad would be unhappy I was playing a game where women could choose nose rings.

- - - Updated - - -

HOWEVER, to properly answer your question more directly, no, if it wasnt clear enough already i absolutely would NOT play them, i honestly think they look like mobile game bullshit. I also would never kick someone from my group or abuse them simply for liking things i dont like, but i personally wouldnt go near one.
    I don't understand you. Didn't they remove the dope wargon skins for the more cartoony dog ones like more than a decade ago? Why are you still here?

Kick Dracthyr pretenders from your raids. Real Drakonoids or bust!

- - - Updated - - -

On a serious note, I might create one, if only to check out the starting zone. Won't play him past level 10.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah the 25 yard range irks me too much.

It's the latest bad idea they have and another hill they're going to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah the 25 yard range irks me too much.

It's the latest bad idea they have and another hill they're going to die on.
    Healing evokers got bumped to 30yds but dps evokers are still 25yds if that makes any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be maining an Evoker in the next expansion.

There's nothing that I enjoy less than reading the impossibly entitled takes from people who think that a swol Dracthyr is somehow important to their enjoyment of this video game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot.

Grow up, dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Grow up, dudes.
    You got MMO Champion at an 8 I need you to bring it back down to a 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There's nothing that I enjoy less than reading the impossibly entitled takes from people who think that a swol Dracthyr is somehow important to their enjoyment of this video game where we slay internet dragons for imaginary loot.

Grow up, dudes.
    So many swol options out there...they must be majorly overcompensating for something since the seem to need to play characters who look like they have a side of steroids with every meal

They also don't seem to realize dragons aren't real, they're fantasy creatures and even then they come in all shapes and sizes...not all dragons are big and bulky like the Aspects type of dragon
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2022-09-30 at 04:08 AM.

The art style definitely took a turn that I do not like. WoW art always felt Marvel or DC-styled if that makes any sense, comical and exaggerated certainly but in a bulky, mottled and sometimes goofy way. The recent art we got was more in the line of Disney, with beady eyes and well groomed fur that I don't really feel all that comfortable killing or engaging. The new Hogger especially looked like he just jumped out of some rule 34 shit.

That being said, I've tried making an evoker and am happy to say that maxing out body size does alleviate the 'feminine snake' problem significantly. You also have the choice to make the snouts look like dragons rather than snakes or lizards which also helps a bunch. The neon highlighter colours I still don't like but I can always make mine black, grey or white.

3+ Year Old Account
    Had I still been playing, I'd probably level one just to say I had one, but I'd still be sticking with Feral as a main. Has nothing to do with the artstyle, which I'm fairly indifferent on overall.

I like how because they don't look how YOU want them to look that they are "wannabe, feminine dragons". You can bulk them up a bit, you can change the snout size, shape and texture. They aren't drakonoids they are dracthyr. As for the art style... I'd rather have "cute and fluffy" than the PoS models that most of the creatures in WoW still have. I'm sorry but the Hogger and Gnoll models were horrendous, even though the cartoony look isn't my cup of tea either, at least they have better detail and resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....did ya'll really think blizz was gonna just trash and redesign an entire race this close to release?
    Forum people are idiots, so I suspect yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ill lvl one but wont main one as I don't want to play a caster.

they look fine though and not feminine in any real sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I like how because they don't look how YOU want them to look that they are "wannabe, feminine dragons". You can bulk them up a bit, you can change the snout size, shape and texture. They aren't drakonoids they are dracthyr. As for the art style... I'd rather have "cute and fluffy" than the PoS models that most of the creatures in WoW still have. I'm sorry but the Hogger and Gnoll models were horrendous, even though the cartoony look isn't my cup of tea either, at least they have better detail and resolution.
    To the OP's credit, he's not calling them feminine, he's calling them famelic- famished or starving-looking.

No, they are a huge let down for me personally. I would play one if I could stay in visage form. I'm interested in the class but not the race, at all.

What on earth does "Famelic" even mean?

Nearest I can find is some antiquated meaning of "starving" or "famished"