7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Let's not expect groundbreaking stuff from first episode.
    There are only 3.

With that few we absolutely should expect more out of them.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wish it included something we didn't already know.
    I suppose it's more to give context for those who don't really know who Galakrond is and why he is important. Possibly also to ease players back into dragons.

Mostly though i imagine this is to really show off Galakrond and the Aspects given how important that event is to the Morally grey titan keeper subplot, as well as if Galakrond becomes a villain in the expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    There are only 3.

With that few we absolutely should expect more out of them.
    I repeat what I said. It is all mainly made to attract players who don't know the old stories.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Is it really necessary to bring up Knaak's "stories"? His nonsensical "Dawn of the Aspects" should have been retconned a long time ago.

Fantastic art tho.
    Isn't Knaak responsible for the dragonflights as we know it, setup wise at least?

Kinda hard to divorce him from all that.

Kind of boring compared to previous ones, especially the WoD / BFA ones. Also irks me how laughable the dractrhyr look no matter how they're presented. Just horrible design all around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I repeat what I said. It is all made to attract players who don't know the old stories.
    Which doesn't mean that it can't include some more lore details for those that do.

The short didn't need to be this short, the amount didn't need to be restricted to 3.
    That's what Blizzard willfully decided to do, and i am gonna criticize them for it.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I suppose it's more to give context for those who don't really know who Galakrond is and why he is important. Possibly also to ease players back into dragons.

Mostly though i imagine this is to really show off Galakrond and the Aspects given how important that event is to the Morally grey titan keeper subplot, as well as if Galakrond becomes a villain in the expansion.
    I wouldn't be upset if they also simply added the lore of old into the game, this expansion and related media gives them the opportunity to do so. I will always enjoy not having to go outside of the game to learn its lore (though I understand different medias have their strengths and weaknesses all the same).

Nozdormu and Ysera love story confirmed?

I liked it. Not really sure yet if the "ancient enemy" Nozdormu talks about is Galakrond though. Wouldn't he just say his name if he was literally talking about him 15 seconds ago?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I liked it. Not really sure yet if the "ancient enemy" Nozdormu talks about is Galakrond though. Wouldn't he just say his name if he was literally talking about him 15 seconds ago?
    Then he would instantly reveal final boss, duh.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nozdormu and Ysera love story confirmed?

Aren't the Primalists allied with Galakrond? Or at least wanted him to lead them?
    Feels like that is the natural conclusion you are supposed to draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is missing in pre-patch : the removal of grateful offerings, one on the worst SL thing ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    One thing is missing in pre-patch : the removal of grateful offerings, one on the worst SL thing ever.
    They are kind of whatever at this point right, we get a lot of them? They're mostly just for cosmetics from each of the covenants and no more?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    It's pointless currency, but drop rate is massive now. Just do emissaries + zereth mortis weekly with anima conductor 3, daily content in your zone is waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which doesn't mean that it can't include some more lore details for those that do.

The short didn't need to be this short, the amount didn't need to be restricted to 3.
    That's what Blizzard willfully decided to do, and i am gonna criticize them for it.
    Well, Nozdormu's vision confirms a few things:
    - Deathwing's current cannon humanoid form seems to be similar to his Cataclysm artwork/ingame model that was never used. Probably without the metal jaw.
    - Galakrond's size; we now have a rough size in comparison to proto-drakes. Previously we only had the artwork of him on the mountain with the 5 Aspects close to the "camera" so it was hard to gauge. Now we have drakes in his mouth so it's easier to figure out.
    - Nozdormu says he "was Aspect of the Bronze Flight". They lost majority of their powers when empowered the Dragon Soul, but the other 3 Aspects (Alex, Kalec, and Ysera) have been referred to as Aspects since (correct me if I'm wrong on this). Does Nozdormu not consider himself one as he lost his powers, or is it for another reason that we don't know yet?
    - The ceremony of Empowering the Aspect seemed.. simple. They got in a circle, Alex was lifted into the sky, surrounded by light and evolved. Previously, we've been told (through Dawn of the Aspects, though) that the ceremony involved the Titans acting through 4 Watchers to empower them, but there are no Titan-forged in the area. Was the ceremony simplified on purpose or retconned?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Well, Nozdormu's vision confirms a few things:
    - Deathwing's current cannon humanoid form seems to be similar to his Cataclysm artwork/ingame model that was never used. Probably without the metal jaw.
    - Galakrond's size; we now have a rough size in comparison to proto-drakes. Previously we only had the artwork of him on the mountain with the 5 Aspects close to the "camera" so it was hard to gauge. Now we have drakes in his mouth so it's easier to figure out.
    - Nozdormu says he "was Aspect of the Bronze Flight". They lost majority of their powers when empowered the Dragon Soul, but the other 3 Aspects (Alex, Kalec, and Ysera) have been referred to as Aspects since (correct me if I'm wrong on this). Does Nozdormu not consider himself one as he lost his powers, or is it for another reason that we don't know yet?
    - The ceremony of Empowering the Aspect seemed.. simple. They got in a circle, Alex was lifted into the sky, surrounded by light and evolved. Previously, we've been told (through Dawn of the Aspects, though) that the ceremony involved the Titans acting through 4 Watchers to empower them, but there are no Titan-forged in the area. Was the ceremony simplified on purpose or retconned?
    Deathwings human form was actually used in Cataclysm. It was for a single quest in the Badlands where you helped a gnome steal the sun and what have you. It was quite famous for having a blood elf male posing as a hot babe.

Honestly even weirder that it was only used that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Is it really necessary to bring up Knaak's "stories"? His nonsensical "Dawn of the Aspects" should have been retconned a long time ago.

Fantastic art tho.
    Kind of an odd thing to say when this particular bit of lore is rather foundational to the new expansion. And whether that specific telling in its entirety is still canon, the basic plot points certainly still are.

Deathwings human form was actually used in Cataclysm. It was for a single quest in the Badlands where you helped a gnome steal the sun and what have you. It was quite famous for having a blood elf male posing as a hot babe.

Honestly even weirder that it was only used that one time.
    It was also used in the climax of the twilight highlands quest chain, also for about 2 seconds, where Alexstraza confronts Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It was also used in the climax of the twilight highlands quest chain, also for about 2 seconds, where Alexstraza confronts Deathwing.
    Real shame as well. That model is one of the best humanoid models the game has.

Aren't the Primalists allied with Galakrond? Or at least wanted him to lead them?
    Feels like that is the natural conclusion you are supposed to draw.
    Galakrond is barely sentient & just wants to eat everything; The Primalists want to be Elementals. They only want to resurrect Galakrond because he would be an immediate crisis for the servants while leaving the Primalists alone.

It's either that & they want things to go back to how it was before Titan interference. In which they would worship Galakrond as the alpha predator but that would be dumb. Resurrecting an alpha predator seems like an oxymoron.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-10-25 at 06:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Galakrond is barely sentient & just wants to eat everything; The Primalists want to be Elementals. They only want to resurrect Galakrond because he would be an immediate crisis for the servants while leaving the Primalists alone.
    Haven’t thought about it before but I wonder if the primallist might want to use galakrond as a distraction so they can try and shatter the elemental planes to return all
    The elementals to Azeroth full time. That would be a pretty good shake up/something to stop them from doing.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.