Going from Ardenweald to waking shores felt like pushing all the graphics sliders to the left.

What did cause Syndragosa to acquire such a visage?
    Was it a frostbite, or did she get charred somehow and somewhere?

Completely missed that, maybe because there was never a cinematic with proto drakes where they zoomed into their body so much. Looks hella weird and to know it's always been like this makes it even weirder, lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The telepathy is probably because they couldn't find a way to properly rig the flappy dragon mouths, but i will take it over them going into visage form.

The lip synch in the visage form cutscenes is VERY good though, except for that first one with Alex in the garden.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Sabellian is great and I hope he's not going to be a villain, he works well with Wrathion.

One of my favorite launches
    I misread a quest and thought I was bugged so I logged off and spent 2 hours listening to guildies level because I didn't read the quest
    Told them that I might be behind but I'll still cap

War mode
    299 starting ilvl
    Around 9 hours of /played later and I hit cap, got epic proc lvl 70 heart of azmerloth and managed to avoid being ganked

The cinematic were amazing and i know I can handle leveling alts unlike in SL where I couldn't stand the content

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The telepathy is probably because they couldn't find a way to properly rig the flappy dragon mouths, but i will take it over them going into visage form.
    Frankly, it makes more sense than them speaking regular language. They shouldn't even be able to make the right sounds.

Damn, Sabellian is soooooo cool and his voice is pure sex. I hope he doesn't become a villain in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Damn, Sabellian is soooooo cool and his voice is pure sex. I hope he doesn't become a villain in the near future.
    Yeah, I mean he's kind of a douche as well, but my god has Wrathion some terrible writing (terrible in the sense of "making him look terribly arrogant and narcissistic").

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, I mean he's kind of a douche as well, but my god has Wrathion some terrible writing (terrible in the sense of "making him look terribly arrogant and narcissistic").
    And that is why Sabellian works so well as a foil to him.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm not sure how I feel about the writing so far, certain parts of it are cool like Sabellian, but I'm currently in the second zone and it's incredibly dull, and I'm usually a fan of tribalistic content.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't think that's unintended, so that's not "terrible" writing. Wrathion, as the expansion keeps mentioning, is pretty childish. He's not a narcissist in the sense that a proper adult would be (i.e. mentally ill and kind of dangerous to others), but rather he's "young, dumb, and full of cum", as it were. Certainly it's intended that he looks rather arrogant - but he also a strong streak of insecurity, which the writing also picks up, again, because he's very young.

So maybe we shouldn't call writing that accurate portrays a character "terrible"? Hmm? I mean that's kind of the whole problem with fan critiques of writing across TV/movies etc. (esp. MCU/SW etc.), where people call writing "terrible" or "bad" because they don't like what it portrays, not because it's not good. And conversely, absolutely fucking SHITE writing, which is clunky, leaden and dumb, gets praised (I'm looking really hard at the MCU right now, and yeah absolutely including stuff like Endgame) because it gives fans what they want to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the writing so far, certain parts of it are cool like Sabellian, but I'm currently in the second zone and it's incredibly dull, and I'm usually a fan of tribalistic content.
    The writing in general is good (for what it is, specific kind of MMO), and there's a ton more of it (esp. given you can often ask people questions etc.), but the Centaurs have a standoffish attitude that I think is always kind of a mistake when genre writers decide to portray it, because it's just kind of unengaging. It's more of a conceptual problem than a writing one, because I don't think anyone ever did it well. Just don't write entire cultures as standoffish lol.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And that is why Sabellian works so well as a foil to him.
    I just hope their rivalry keeps going. Maybe they can even share the Aspect power.

So far Dragonflight has exceeded all my expectations and I'm loving Dragonriding, levelling, questing, zones, music, not being a champion anymore. If endgame is great and patch content isn't so far apart, this will probably be in my top 3 expansions, or maybe the best one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I mean it's just a sequence of tropes. The entire expansion is build around it. Exciting? No, definitely not. Still way more entertaining than anything in Shadowlands imho. I think this is the level of storytelling we should get used to and for WoW it's okay. Decent, in parts. It just feels so grounded, that's why I care about what's going on. Never had that feeling in SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I just hope their rivalry keeps going. Maybe they can even share the Aspect power.
    Pretty sure one of them a) dies or b) becomes corrupted / a villain. They'd make an interesting pair for a double aspect though.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-11-29 at 06:34 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hoped we will get exploration toy day 1, it would require achiev from main anyway. I guess they update it with heirlooms, and for leveling speed it doesn't really matter with dragonriding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Kinda hoped we will get exploration toy day 1, it would require achiev from main anyway. I guess they update it with heirlooms, and for leveling speed it doesn't really matter with dragonriding.
    What kind of exploration toy are you talking about?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Wrathion/Sabellian dynamic is the best writing surprise of the expansion, at least so far. They play off each other quite well and I sure hope it's not a device to have one be a villain (which considering Wrathion's popularity will almost certainly be Sabellian).

Dragonriding is pretty fun even if not flawless when it comes to having to reach heights or being stuck at no vigor waiting for recharges if you mess up. But the very fact that there's a learning curve that isn't overly punishing already makes it better than no clipping through the air. My other small complaint is not being able to dismount into an attack as easily as with regular flying. I like Charging at foes off the back of my mount as Warrior, for example. Harder with dragonriding.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Wrathion/Sabellian dynamic is the best writing surprise of the expansion, at least so far. They play off each other quite well and I sure hope it's not a device to have one be a villain (which considering Wrathion's popularity will almost certainly be Sabellian).

Dragonriding is pretty fun even if not flawless when it comes to having to reach heights or being stuck at no vigor waiting for recharges if you mess up. But the very fact that there's a learning curve that isn't overly punishing already makes it better than no clipping through the air. My other small complaint is not being able to dismount into an attack as easily as with regular flying. I like Charging at foes off the back of my mount as Warrior, for example. Harder with dragonriding.
    I think my biggest issue with Dragonriding so far is that even with the larger zones, the increased mobility and speed from dragonriding makes them feel small regardless. I think Blizzard could comfortably double or triple the size of the zones in order to make it dragonriding appropriate.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Eh we know that they could have intelligence, the aspects were proto-dragons once with some level of intelligence, after all.
    Yeah but even they weren't debating politics like the Primalists are right now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What kind of exploration toy are you talking about?
    Same we have for other continents since 9.1.5 in heirloom vendor. You click it on alt, map+flight paths get explored.