Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Some hidden requirement to access timewalking?

I don't understand. Timewalking is active for my old characters, I played back in SL times. But I have 60lvl character with 152ilvl. Game's UI doesn't show any extra requirements. But timewalking isn't accessible in LFD UI. It just isn't there, like if there wouldn't be timewalking currently active. Do I miss something?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

5+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere it is 180ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I read somewhere it is 180ilvl
    180 requirement for content, that drops 194? Nice. If it is, then it's another case of Blizzard restricting content for new character and forcing them to grind something first. Like if grinding 60 itself wouldn't be enough.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

why on earth would you even try to gear up before leveling to lvl cap?
    like you get ilvl 200 or so from first quests, even if you have 250+- ilvl you will change all your gear at around 65-66...

also, if you dont have it in dungeon finder its not bcs of ilvl, if that was the case you would have it there just couldnt join

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    180 requirement for content, that drops 194? Nice. If it is, then it's another case of Blizzard restricting content for new character and forcing them to grind something first. Like if grinding 60 itself wouldn't be enough.
    It's mostly used for you to see older dungeons again at the same "toughness" as back then. I do agree it should drop better gear, so should heroic dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    why on earth would you even try to gear up before leveling to lvl cap?
    like you get ilvl 200 or so from first quests, even if you have 250+- ilvl you will change all your gear at around 65-66...

also, if you dont have it in dungeon finder its not bcs of ilvl, if that was the case you would have it there just couldnt join
    Fresh 60 lvl player has around ~150ilvl. Why on earth should he grind 180ilvl first before being able to do timewalking? It's just stupid. And all of this after they've already removed ability to level via timewalking. I don't know how to call it better. One of those "Fun detected - fun removed" things from Blizzard.

They just try to restrict content for players, who haven't bought current xpack, yeah, as always. Just business, nothing more. I don't have DF bought and I have bunch of old characters, who have some timewalking currency. I just wanted to grind a little bit more to be able to spend it. Nope. No DF - no timewalking. And I need time to grind 180ilvl. Yeah, it's possible. In ZM for example. But it's just stupid requirement, that just wastes my time, as I hate that terrible ZM and don't want to do it again.

P.S. This game fails exactly because what we want is gated behind what we hate.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-04-01 at 05:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess between 150 and 180 ilvl you'd do relatively less dmg, that's why ilvl restriction is a thing.
    I still remember how newly boosted characters instantly went for ToT LFR and... I never had more than 10 stacks of determination.
    Still have nightmares from that day.
    Imo minimal ilvl is not to restrict you from doing content, but stops you to ruin someone's experience.

The other question "If they could do better job at balancing things for lower ilvls" - no idea
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I don't think it has something to do with ilvl. I did timewalking just fine with a character that has 126 ilvl with still wearing some bfa gear. It should show up in the UI, even if there were an ilvl restriction. Maybe some weird phasing from sl or something.

Also people run timewalking for the 30% more XP per dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I don't think it has something to do with ilvl. I did timewalking just fine with a character that has 126 ilvl with still wearing some bfa gear. It should show up in the UI, even if there were an ilvl restriction. Maybe some weird phasing from sl or something.

Also people run timewalking for the 30% more XP per dungeon.
    That's why I ask, if there is some hidden restriction. I've even picked covenant, but no success. I don't know, what else can I do. That "lore phasing" - is big mess, Blizzard still use, while it's actually terrible game design, because player can't even determine, what is wrong and what should he do. So, ilvl requirement - is my only guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    I guess between 150 and 180 ilvl you'd do relatively less dmg, that's why ilvl restriction is a thing.
    I still remember how newly boosted characters instantly went for ToT LFR and... I never had more than 10 stacks of determination.
    Imo minimal ilvl is not to restrict you from doing content, but stops you to ruin someone's experience.

The other question "If they could do better job at balancing things for lower ilvls" - no idea
    Difference between 150 and 180 isn't that big and such player will get 194 pieces pretty quick. That's why it's stupid. Player has to go to ZM, grind some anima, buy 226 pieces. For what reason???

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post

But we're talking timewalking. You get scaled to a fixed ilvl. Dungeon journal says drops start at ilvl 37 and doing them at lvl 70 reward ilvl 359. Also with chromie time you can level from level 1 to 60 in cataclysm and people get scaled to an avarage level.

Ilvl restrictions are only in place for fixed difficulty like max level hc dungeons or lfr.

P.S. I can confirm, that hidden requirement - is ~170ilvl. Mystery is solved.

This game fails exactly because what we want is gated behind what we hate.
    reading your comments i yet to find ONE thing in WOW you didnt whine about, so its kinda hard to make game you would like...
    seriously, in your threads you complained about: pvp, raids, dungeons, world content, mechanics, UI, addons, classic, content skips, loot, randomnes baing "after you", indoor hubs, warmode, alliance, and now timewalking... and thats just what i can think of, im sure you complained about more... why on earth do you still play and pay the game you obviously hate so much? is this some form of masochysm or different issue? bcs it sure looks like it...

and once again as you seem to ignore it as it might disrupt your hate train - if you dont have timewalking in DF its almost certainly NOT BCS OF ILVL
    if it would be bcs of ilvl you would have it there, just grayed out, and if you put cursor on it it would tell you you cant join in...

also, as @salate mentioned doing content when you are just a dead weight there might be fun for you, but those 4 people with you there would surely not consider it fun...

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I can confirm, that hidden requirement - is ~170ilvl. Mystery is solved.
    given @lordjust literaly told you he run it on 126 ilvl seems like your "confimation" is just coincidence...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-04-01 at 06:36 PM.

I don't understand. Timewalking is active for my old characters, I played back in SL times. But I have 60lvl character with 152ilvl. Game's UI doesn't show any extra requirements. But timewalking isn't accessible in LFD UI. It just isn't there, like if there wouldn't be timewalking currently active. Do I miss something?
    There are no hidden requirements. You have to be Level 60 and possibly own current expansion otherwise it is completely useless to you.

The only possible thing would be you just dinged 60 and it didn't register and had to relog

Also it was so hard to search up "Timewalking Dungeon requirements": https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/137975
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2023-04-01 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    At this point I think you are just making up imaginary complaints and didn't have the issue at all.
    wouldnt be surprised, in one thread he was certain random drops (key fragments in ZM) are not random bcs he didnt get the same amount on different days...

And, yeah, hidden requirement exists to annoy players only, because ilvl of gear is scaled anyway. On some bosses I was able to do #1, yeah.

P.S. #3 was actually tank. DPS was #5.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-04-01 at 06:50 PM.

And, yeah, hidden requirement exists to annoy players only, because ilvl of gear is scaled anyway. On some bosses I was able to do #1, yeah.

P.S. #3 was actually tank. DPS was #5.
    1) You complain about the game a lot and have zero clue about it.
    2) Your item level scales down to match the expansion. In the case of Cataclysm you scale down to 90. So your Item Level references in your chart is meaningless.
    3) Everyone already knows certain classes are a lot stronger in Timewalking due to how stats scale at lower levels.
    4) You can also cheese it by building sets ie multiple gems, certain legendaries, etc.
    5) You don't even show the names to even give verification on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    1) You complain about the game a lot and have zero clue about it.
    2) Your item level scales down to match the expansion. In the case of Cataclysm you scale down to 90. So your Item Level references in your chart is meaningless.
    3) Everyone already knows certain classes are a lot stronger in Timewalking due to how stats scale at lower levels.
    4) You can also cheese it by building sets ie multiple gems, certain legendaries, etc.
    5) You don't even show the names to even give verification on anything.
    I complain about being forced to do things, I don't need. It's just waste of my time and I have to do on every alt instead of just playing the game. All that "intro" actually takes more time, than making 1 TW run to complete 500 badges quest and be done with my job.
    1) Go to SL content, I hate
    2) Complete slow boring intro with lots of talking in Oribos (not sure about that - may be it can be skipped at 60)
    3) Enable Threads of fate
    4) Join covenant
    5) Do covenant intro quest line
    6) Go back to Oribos
    7) Go to ZM
    8) Grind at least 4 pieces of gear
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-04-01 at 07:09 PM.

I complain about being forced to do things, I don't need. It's just waste of my time and I have to do on every alt instead of just playing the game. All that "intro" actually takes more time, than making 1 TW run to complete 500 badges quest and be done with my job.
    Yet you aren't forced to do any of it. Unless you are being held hostage and we didn't know.

Instead of doing SL stuff to hit an ilvl you could've went to DF and got it in like 5 minutes or less. You should either stop complaining about everything, because you think it makes you look cool when it doesn't, or stop playing the game because clearly you don't enjoy it.

I mean you're not wrong that there is no logical reason why there is an itemlevel requirement in the first place, considering you get scaled down to the corresponding expansion anyway.

But your complaint that it would be hard to reach the 180 also is ridiculous. You can just do quests or WQs and/or events or rares that in dragonflight content that is available from 60 on without any prequest requirements, or literally just buy green items from the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    reading your comments i yet to find ONE thing in WOW you didnt whine about, so its kinda hard to make game you would like...
    seriously, in your threads you complained about: pvp, raids, dungeons, world content, mechanics, UI, addons, classic, content skips, loot, randomnes baing "after you", indoor hubs, warmode, alliance, and now timewalking... and thats just what i can think of, im sure you complained about more... why on earth do you still play and pay the game you obviously hate so much? is this some form of masochysm or different issue? bcs it sure looks like it...

and once again as you seem to ignore it as it might disrupt your hate train - if you dont have timewalking in DF its almost certainly NOT BCS OF ILVL
    if it would be bcs of ilvl you would have it there, just grayed out, and if you put cursor on it it would tell you you cant join in...

also, as @salate mentioned doing content when you are just a dead weight there might be fun for you, but those 4 people with you there would surely not consider it fun...

- - - Updated - - -

given @lordjust literaly told you he run it on 126 ilvl seems like your "confimation" is just coincidence...
    What do you expect from someone who doesn't want to buy current expansion then complain that there is nothing to do lol

and also he said dragonriding was bad while trying it without glyphs, any mentally stable person who plays wow for that long know alot of systems are only good when complete.