Official Pet Battle System and Dungeon Challange Mode pages

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...ure/pet-battle
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...hallenge-modes

Looks like Blizzard have launched these sites without mentioning it, don't know if anyone posted it yet ..... I haven't seen it on the frontpage, so I assume it wasn't.

EDIT: Crap, just noticed I've made a typo in the topic's name
    Last edited by rad586; 2011-10-26 at 10:36 AM.

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing more info in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been bugging me, how the hell is the balloon pet going to work with this?
    This Pear.......So Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broom uses sweep on baloon...it's super effective...0o

Isn't this basically exactly like pokemon?

I don't care if it is exactly like Pokemon, I will have something to do during breaks on raid nights

I'm curious if you can level up and sell the collectors edition pets. I have a guildie with the original wow Zergling, Mini-Diablo, and panda so it would be cool to get those.

Also, if ^^^^ is true, will it grant you the feat of strength?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennor View Post
    This has been bugging me, how the hell is the balloon pet going to work with this?
    Google Drifloon...or here, I'll do it for you

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Drifloon

One thing I'm curious about: when you duel a friend, is it just right there out in the open world so anyone can watch? Or do you go to an instanced area to duel?

Would be fun to be able to just duel anywhere, and people can crowd around to watch you duel. I love the wording in that article though:

[...]maybe you have made it your quest to capture as many of them as you can.
    [...]and maybe one day you will make a name for yourself as Azeroth's most renowned pet trainer!
    Can't wait for someone to make an addon that plays a playlist of Pokemon music when battling.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Google Drifloon...or here, I'll do it for you

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Drifloon
    hehe, beat me to it. Yeah, even the balloon will be fine in this system if they do it that way. Although, rumor was not all pets will be available. Argent Gruntling maybe?

I can't stand pokémon, but I'm really looking forward to this feature and hope it make's it to live realms.

I, like many other's, collect mini pet's and love grabbing them out to quest with or whever.

Blizzard making something viable to do with them make's it more exciting. I have wanted to be able to battle with them for some time, but never thought I'd see that they might actually do it.

A big thumbs up for adding yet another level of gameplay

This looks great. It should be on the front page.

By the looks of it you can train many pets and don't have to travel to the Pokecenter to change your active set. Earning badges from NPCs to level up your pets and get new abilities is great.

If I have a range of pet levels, it'll mean that I can have evenly matched duals with my guild while waiting for DCs in raids.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Rennor View Post
    They said almost all pets will be able to do this. Translation: Not all pets. Therefore I think it's safe to say the Tuskarr Kite, Baloon and other things may not work. Likewise with things like the magic broom and such.

Just for a different perspective, while the Pokemon parallels are undeniable for the pet battle system I feel that this more closely resembles another game.

While I don't expect this to detract any people who hate the idea they are free to think what they like, I feel this is more a representation of the Monster Arena in Dragon Quest 8 for the PS2 with the teams of up to 3 and the leveling up with there being monsters in the world that only appear in certain times of day or weather etc

I know this example also draws comparison to Pokemon, but as someone with very limited Pokemon knowledge my understanding is its more 1v1 and the pokemon don't "level up" perse they just "evolve" granting them new abilities, where WoW pet battles from what we've seen they don't alter their appearance as they level.

Also OT: I'm personally pumped for MoP been dying for a Monk since my EQ1 Iksar Monk, those who love or hate the idea I say given the extremely small ammount of info we have currently it's far to little to praise/condemn the xpack lets all just wait and see over the coming months. As an example how many were so pumped for Cata and now its regarded as the worst xpack with everyone suddenly praising the previously reviled Wotlk.