Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can now make a character on any server. Expect they reopen sales soon.
    Yay, progress

Am I correct in reading that they have opened three new worlds for both the Japs and NA/EU?

We have implemented the addition of the following Worlds.

- Japan data centre
    Unicorn/Yojimbo/Asura/Belias/Zeromus

- North American/European data center
    Mateus/Brynhildr/Zalera

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/88629-EU-Regarding-Details-of-Recent-Maintenance-%28Sep.-12%29
    Last edited by Jeremybeadle; 2013-09-12 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Yep just found

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremybeadle View Post
    Am I correct in reading that they have opened three new worlds for both the Japs and NA/EU?
    That was last week I think and they instantly got full.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can now make a character on any server. Expect they reopen sales soon.
    I hope you are right. I am just itching with impatience here.

So looking around white mage and sch don't seem to be unique enough.

This is what should happen imo: Medic turned into a healing aoe CD, cure 3 splash range bufffed to 15y like medic. Cure 3 renamed curaga because it's fucking sounds better.

Because right now Cure III sucks and Sch and white mage need a playstyle change from each other because it's way too similar

Is there still maintenance going on? I can't login.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Is there still maintenance going on? I can't login.
    There is some congestion currently. Might have been premature to unlock character creation XD
    Servers are up though. Just restart the client until the world list populates. No worries, you might run into a small queue but there is no 1017.

Deleted
    Myeah, Cure III/Curaga is honestly just plain awful, or at least RIDICULOUSLY niche. I don't even really bother using it with Overcure proc'd, because people rarely stack so much that I can heal at least three people with it, where I begin feeling it's worthwhile. Maybe it could be changed to something like a superawesome single target heal which grows more powerful the more health your target has lost, similar to XIII's Curaga/Curaja. Though that would arguably make Cure II/Cura boring as well outside Freecure procs.

And I dunno about more cooldowns. We have Divine Seal, Presence of Mind and Benediction baseline and can crossclass Surecast and Swiftcast from Thaumaturge. That feels like plenty.

Well how about just giving medic a longer CD but keep it the same. Like give it the holy priest treatment ala circle of healing. (Though longer cd though)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    AK runs are so fun now....it's like hitting yourself in the face with a shovel. Killed speed runs by adding more trash and yet what do we get from that trash? a single gil every 20 or so mobs and the random mat that sells for 100g. Hopefully they'll see with this change just how much they need to do something about trash in instances, if a small patch is enough to add new packs of trash then a small patch could easily add some loot or gil drops.

Speed runs definitely needed to die but they didn't need to die by adding more trash that drops nothing and does nothing more than add time to the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Speed runs definitely needed to die but they didn't need to die by adding more trash that drops nothing and does nothing more than add time to the instance.
    That was their solution to the problem? Not having everyone flagged for combat? Or giving mobs a bind?

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, IGN posted their review:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/11/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-review

Who the hell was Avere?
    If you remember when you were going to all of the city states just prior to the required dungeon runs, there was a NPC group that "broke up" because the healer let the tank die and the 2 DPS left in a hissy fit, saying the healer sucked? Think it happened in Gridania. Anyway, the tanks name was Avere, and the person who comes up to you and asks for your name in Ul'dah is the healer from that group.

FYI, the journal in your room allows you to review all cutscenes for any quest you've completed, including job specific ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, head ups; relatively Negative post here!
    I tried the game a while back and here are my thoughts:

+Great graphics
    +Smooth Gameplay
    +Safe/Good MMO, nothing crazy though
    +Char feels `alive` especially with the few customization pieces like Voice.
    +Great Cinematics (I`m sure it took a lot of time to make them)

Now the negatives, which outweigh the positives 70:30 imo:
    -It took me 40 minutes to stop talking to people and actually swing my bat at something.
    -The Text! It Hurts! STAHP!
    -GCD is painfully slow
    -Combat seems dull for now, same old nothing innovative at all
    -All NA/EU servers are in Canada so i suffer from Latency issues not being close to Montreal.
    -very RPGish and less MMOish (This might be a positive for some people)
    -Instancing of overall areas (more or less like Tera`s); I just love open world without loading screens every few meters

Overall I`d give this FFXIV a 7/10. Good game, nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    That was their solution to the problem? Not having everyone flagged for combat? Or giving mobs a bind?
    A wall, more mobs, and more mobs. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    -very RPGish and less MMOish (This might be a positive for some people)
    I can get on board with your other gripes but what does this particular issue even mean? It's an MMORPG. What would make it more MMOish? There's more grouping requirements in this game than in WOW.

Games like WOW have slowly killed most RPG aspects of the genre for supposed QoL reasons at the expense of immersion. I have to say I feel more satisfaction with leveling my Armorsmithing in FF than I've felt leveling any profession in WOW since Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    A wall, more mobs, and more mobs. =\
    That is just wrong. It punishes those who did it normally as well. :/ Let me guess, it takes 40 minutes or longer now? Big mistake.

If there's any silver lining, which there isn't, but if there was it would be that this might be a good spiritbonding dungeon. So now I can make a little gil while I do these terrible runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I can get on board with your other gripes but what does this particular issue even mean? It's an MMORPG. What would make it more MMOish? There's more grouping requirements in this game than in WOW.

Games like WOW have slowly killed most RPG aspects of the genre for supposed QoL reasons at the expense of immersion. I have to say I feel more satisfaction with leveling my Armorsmithing in FF than I've felt leveling any profession in WOW since Vanilla.
    You answered it yourself
    Again it`s about taste. I play MMOs for interacting with other people while treating the story as a side-line; I do this on my own, nothing to do with how the game is developed, but it doesn`t halt me from doing what i want to do. (GW2, WoW etc).
    FFXIV is more like swtor for me, in that you have to follow the story or you can`t proceed.

I love having an overarching story, it immerses me in the experience a lot more. SWToRs issue was that once you got to end game, there was really nothing to do.

If SE keep up with the content I think this game will be just fine. I'm enjoying it immensely, and for the first time in a while I don't feel the need to rush to end game. I can play at a leisurely pace and enjoy myself doing whatever I want to be doing. It's awesome.

FFXIV is more like swtor for me, in that you have to follow the story or you can`t proceed.
    You can skip the story but it has some nice things in there for you.

Secondly this is still final fantasy thirdly it's an MMORPG

:l

I'm still truffling at people moaning that you have to work for Gil, and everything isn't handed to you on a silver plater. So glad I quit wow years ago, never looked back. I actually can't wait for people to bugger off back to WoW, it's those players that ruin the game by moaning to make things easier. I love 40 minutes more for trash, I don't want to speed run through everything and get BiS' in a day or two. Bring back the days of having to work for things!

It's the difference between call of duty and battlefield, I know which one i choose every time.