Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Good idea, but it needs to extend to trade/general chat. Ban the first person who belittles someone in either chat for 7 days. Maybe it will become usable again with the trash gone.
    AWESOME idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You seem to think that elitist can only be douches. The question is; do you think they are douches because they think they are better than you, or do you think they are douches because they call you out for doing mistakes? If you think that elitism equates to being a douche, why not just say "remove douche bags from Raids and Battlegrounds"? That would get rid of the other jerks as well as the elitist that make BGs and raids a terrible experience.

You seem to have a strong hatred towards people that think they are better than you. Maybe it's your jealously that is causing the problems and not really people thinking they are better than you. I have zero problems with elitist. I do have problems with people who are loud, obnoxious, douche bags that may or may not be elitist.
    Actually, I've said otherwise. I've said that only the ones who are vocal about their elitism are douches. Thinking that you're better than someone is elitist, it's as simple as that. Thinking it is harmless, telling someone it is completely different. Obviously nobody has an issue with the former, it's the latter we're discussing. I'm not sure how many times I'll have to say that not all elitists are these idiots people hate.

Nice fallacy at the end, implying that I'm jealous based off a no evidence. Funny thing is, I used to be one of those elitist who were silent about it back when I took this game seriously. Now, i don't care about it, most certainly not enough to be jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    You can't change it. Blizzard has incorporated the tools necessary to block or deal with "Elitists" as you say. No further action is needed.

And there is a difference between bullying and being a hateful immature bitter person on WoW and an "Elitist."

If you would like to see what a true Elitist is, go watch some heroic raiding stream on twitch, particularly anyone from Method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Ah the millennial generation, the generation incapable of hearing criticism without pee'ing their pants and crying hysterically.

They've been told every day by their parents how wonderful and special they are, regardless of merit or accomplishment.

They got trophies for finishing last. They went to a school that gave them "extra credit" for trying hard.

Here's to the most entitled generation in the history of humanity "I deserve everything, doesn't matter if I don't put any effort or thought into it, and nobody should ever be allowed to criticize me for anything!"
    I'm all for hearing the truth, and being given great advice, but "Hey noob uninstall and kill yourself you fucking scrub" is hardly constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did the boss die without hitting the enrage?
    If so, then your statement is nothing more but attention whoring.
    No, he very often does not, in fact.

LFR is NOT the place for competitive play.
    I'm not looking for competitive play; I'm looking for competent play.

Understanding the basic mechanics of your class and a fight, even in LFR, is a matter of respect for the other players in the game. Going in clueless about fights or how to play your class is downright rude. These are the people who should be removed form LFR, not the ones pointing out how bad they are.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    By the way, I'm curious of your logic or that thereof. Do you naively belief that a programmer would develop such a queue with no safeguards? One could easily start pulling from the pool of "toxic" players in the event of shortage. The idea is to minimize awful experiences.
    Wouldn't those safeguards render the whole system pointless? You're going to be making queues longer 100% of the time because the available people is lower because they don't match your personality profile. When the cutoff is inevitably reached, the entire system is thrown out the window so you're left with a longer queue and a system that works against itself because of longer queues.

AWESOME idea!
    I disagree. Banning could be detrimental to the company.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that the soft school system these days encourages people to think that failure is okay, but it's not. The moment you stop tryin to get better is the moment you stop being a good human being. So wallow in your failure, I'll be doing better each time and leaving you farther behind.

But it's okay, it's just a game, so feel free to disrespect your fellow players and waste their time by being willfully ignorant of mechanics and not trying to do your best to meet performance benchmarks.

This thread is a great example of everything wrong with gaming and the world in general.

Achievers, people who work hard, have skill, put effort into things, take things seriously, they're seen as the "bad" guys because they make the scrubs feel bad about themselves.

This is no different than those stories in the news about fat people freaking out when someone posts a picture of themselves in great shape. OMG UR TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD!

Underachievers and slackers deserve to be called out, that's how society functions properly.

"But, but WoW is just a game!"

Doesn't matter, it's the same mentality. The whole "I'm perfect just the way I am, nobody should criticize me I'm awesome!" mentality that has infected an entire generation in school and work has also infected gaming.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    But I am better than an awful lot of people. Sorry, but if I'm tanking and #2 on DPS on a single target fight, you're going to hear about it and deservedly so. Kicking me for pointing out that maybe you should put a little effort into the game? No thanks. Maybe instead you should get better.
    Tanks do awesome dmg even on ST fights atm. especially if you solotank some high dmg boss. Add to that that you probably outgeared the dps. (and as someone mentioned) did the boss die? if so, what the problem? You might be better than alot of other people, sure. but ther are also alot of people better than you. I'm guessing everytime someone beat you on dps (if your dpsing) they should yell at you?...

I'm all for hearing the truth, and being given great advice, but "Hey noob uninstall and kill yourself you fucking scrub" is hardly constructive.
    You don't have to take every line of text you see on your computer screen to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You quoted his sentence and said nothing about it was elitist. I pointed out what about it was elitist. I think you're confused how message board conversations work. If you wanted to say nothing about your previous statement that his response was to wasn't elitist you should have said nothing about my sentence was elitist. The problem is his response is par for the course in LFR, if you give advice you're labeled as elitist and kicked a lot of the time.
    Are you being serious? You hop into my conversation with someone then tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about because you were too lazy to read... wow lol. You seem to have gotten bent out of shape over it, it wasn't my intention bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You can compete anywhere. Why is LFR exempt from this, and why do you get to make the rules?
    Simple: LFR is balanced in a way, by BLIZZARD, that makes competitive play irrelevant.
    Naturally in this content you will find a lot of people that aren't interested in competing with eachother.

Basically: If you're a competitive nature, you should behave like A GUEST in THEIR content.
    You can be competitive and vocal about how awesome sauce you are all you want when you do content that is tailored to the competitive crowd, a.k.a. Heroic (soon mythic) modes. Since every participant competitive, no one will feel looked down upon.

No, he very often does not [die], in fact.
    Then your "amagawd look at mah uber DPS you noobz!" won't solve your problem either.
    you can't tech people proper skills on the fly.
    Remove the worst offenders via votekick w/o flaming and retry.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-12-05 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Yes lets alienate the player base from wow and encourage hatred over people who carry you over in LFR
    #removebaddie
    Ah, it looks as though you missed the point. Let me help you find it. I am not looking to be carried. I am looking to play with people who are not elitist douchebags. I have no issue with well geared helpful people, but people who consistently berate and belittle someone playing a video game deserves to be lit on fire and parked in front of an express train.

This game needs more people yelling and bitching at those who suck IMO.

WoW and the world, in general, needs MORE judgment and criticism.

Two things people are super scared of but are actually extremely vital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    You don't have to take every line of text you see on your computer screen to heart.
    Oh, I don't. But I also do not have to tolerate such assholes.

Ah the millennial generation, the generation incapable of hearing criticism without pee'ing their pants and crying hysterically.

They've been told every day by their parents how wonderful and special they are, regardless of merit or accomplishment.

They got trophies for finishing last. They went to a school that gave them "extra credit" for trying hard.

Here's to the most entitled generation in the history of humanity "I deserve everything, doesn't matter if I don't put any effort or thought into it, and nobody should ever be allowed to criticize me for anything!"
    I happen to be 30 and I still disagree with you in regards to this thread. I don't see how you can assume that the Original Post is a cry for entitlement. If anything, it's a cry against it (in my understanding). The poster, and others including me, are saying that elitists are, in this case, those who, regardless of their actions in the raid/BG/dungeon, feel the need to belittle others and generally speak poorly of them without offering constructive criticism/aid.

If you are helping others without being a jerk about it, you are likely not one of the candidates this thread is speaking about. If you are, however, making rash assumptions and jumping to conclusions about anything you cannot tangibly prove, you probably are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game needs more people yelling and bitching at those who suck IMO.

WoW and the world, in general, needs MORE judgment and criticism.

Two things people are super scared of but are actually extremely vital.
    Another great example of elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are being generous with the label 'elitist'. The demographic you are talking about, the ones that yell, scream and point the finger in lfr usually don't have a clue about anything.

This thread is a great example of everything wrong with gaming and the world in general.

Achievers, people who work hard, have skill, put effort into things, take things seriously, they're seen as the "bad" guys because they make the scrubs feel bad about themselves.

This is no different than those stories in the news about fat people freaking out when someone posts a picture of themselves in great shape. OMG UR TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD!

Underachievers and slackers deserve to be called out, that's how society functions properly.

"But, but WoW is just a game!"

Doesn't matter, it's the same mentality. The whole "I'm perfect just the way I am, nobody should criticize me I'm awesome!" mentality that has infected an entire generation in school and work has also infected gaming.
    This hurt my head to read, you actually believe this is what makes it so difficult to consider that you are actually serious.