Lightbulb Storing Favorite Mounts Per Character

Hey all,

So, I've put in a suggestion in game, but I wanted to come here to see if we could drum up some more support (will post to the official forums when I'm home).

Mounts have long been a great character customization option for the game. Having a particularly rare mount still gets me occasional whispers (my Blizzcon Blizzard bear amongst others), and the summon random favorite mount button was a very welcome addition when they added it.

Here's the deal, though, in order for it to work like I've wanted in the past (summon any random mount), I have actually ended up flagging every mount I ever get as favorite for it to count. As both a blessing and a curse, I only have to do this once since all favorites are stored on my account to be used by all characters.

What I'm asking for, and what I proposed in my suggestion is: Allow favorite mounts to be stored per character and create a simple "summon random any mount" option that will summon an appropriate mount for your current location. This means one could have a "druid of the flame" who only ever summons fiery mounts, or a warrior who can summon a random bulky kodo, ram, or protodrake without also potentially summoning the faerie dragon that I use with my gnomish priest.

Anyway, the basis of the code is there, and it shouldn't be super difficult to point to the character folders instead of the general shared favorites, so I think this could be a good addition for more accurate customization per character.

Thoughts?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds cool!

Kind of an interface/addon question really, but I use Yaymounts addon for this.

I personally modified the .lua so that it doesn't summon flying mounts on Argus, because the Addon doesn't seem to be maintained anymore (at least a few months ago when I looked).

I use Litemount personally. It's currently updated and does support Argus in the way you mean.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/litemount

I agree that it would be a nice addition to the default UI.

Maybe you want to try out my addon „Personal Mount Favorites“ which does exactly what you describe.
    You can find it on Curse and also the Twitch Desktop App.