7+ Year Old Account
    But glad to see I'm not the only one with the opinion that BfA classes are bland because Legion classes were cool just because they gave us so much stuff that wasn't permanent (Artifacts and legiondaries)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    What is this A/B team talk? You think they have 2 sets of devs taking turns working on the game? Sounds ridiculous to me. Then the B-team is better at making fun bosses at least.
    It just seems like that when we see how feature-less or badly received all of them were (Cataclysm, WoD, BfA).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But glad to see I'm not the only one with the opinion that BfA classes are bland because Legion classes were cool just because they gave us so much stuff that wasn't permanent (Artifacts and legiondaries)
    Removing legendaries was one of the worst mistakes they ever did in my opinion. I really liked the Legiondary system...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been away for months and months, but am I right in saying that the current leak situation is:

1) Shadowlands/Bolvar/Bastion is almost certain.
    2) There are no other coherent/believable leaks.
    3) Diablo 4 is looking so Satanic/metal that Diablo 2 looks like Whimsyshire.
    4) All the stuff about class skins, tinkers and so on is the same totally baseless speculation that happens single expansion.

Yes/no anything to add?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It just seems like that when we see how feature-less or badly received all of them were (Cataclysm, WoD, BfA).
    BfA was far from featureless, it's just that none of the features were interesting after some time. But it had more new features than wrath for example

the only gr8 thing about legendaries were the immersive questlines, basically everything else sucked - they were even more grindy than AP

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Removing legendaries was one of the worst mistakes they ever did in my opinion. I really liked the Legiondary system...
    Removing T-Sets, artifacts AND legendaries all at the same time while not even offering a new talent row was the biggest mistake in class design ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Yup, they could've easily given every spec another 1 maybe even 2 talent rows based on legendary effects and artifact effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So I've been away for months and months, but am I right in saying that the current leak situation is:

1) Shadowlands/Bolvar/Bastion is almost certain.
    2) There are no other coherent/believable leaks.
    3) Diablo 4 is looking so Satanic/metal that Diablo 2 looks like Whimsyshire.
    4) All the stuff about class skins, tinkers and so on is the same totally baseless speculation that happens single expansion.

Yes/no anything to add?
    4th spec or class skins is not totally baseless. We datamined a 4th weapon for Death Knights which could lead to a 4th spec for them. Thats the biggest reason why for this speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Snipped larger predictions/wishlist
    I wanted to revise this a bit after sleeping on it. If class skins do become a thing, I believe they will instead be locked with similar quests/scenarios like the mage tower weapons. I'll give an example for the tinker skin.

Tinker - Gameplay style is based on the druid class. Tank form is a shredder that they can switch into in any spec, though tank spec is most survivable. Physical DPS spec is also shredder, but with actual blades on hand/hands. Ranged dps is physical dps, using fuel (mana-adjacent), and healing also uses fuel. Different options can be unlocked via quests through some content, and different races have different versions they can shift into. Since weapons are basically stat sticks anyway, they want Guns, bows, and crossbows, which function fine when not in a "form" or ranged dps/heal and which get stored while in physical dps/tank form. In my wildest dreams, the weapon would translate to the mech's weapon as well.

Unlocking a tinker can be achieved by completing scenarios that favor your spec but the end result is the same. So in one scenario, you're tanking something while a tinker finishes building their shredder. Another scenario has you fighting alongside dps tinkers against a common foe. A final scenario is triaging tinkers who are coming in due to an assault and keeping a group up long enough to survive.

There would be between 2-3 scenarios per skin that are available, and you can unlock special appearances for completing all related scenarios (gives reason to do the others after already completing the unlock for the skin itself). If somebody were to go through all the tinker scenarios, they wouldn't just unlock the class skin, but also special appearances for the forms, similar to the badger-bear.
    @Niwes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    #teamnotinkerspls
    #teamtinkerohyesplease

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Removing T-Sets, artifacts AND legendaries all at the same time while not even offering a new talent row was the biggest mistake in class design ever.
    Very good point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    the only gr8 thing about legendaries were the immersive questlines, basically everything else sucked - they were even more grindy than AP
    We're talking about Legiondaries (the legion legendaries which were peak RNG of the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    All they need to do is make the artifact ability and golden traits baseline again and make the talent tree completely passive based, and bring back pruned abilities, it would be so easy
    Agreed!

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    BfA was far from featureless, it's just that none of the features were interesting after some time. But it had more new features than wrath for example
    That’s what the second point was for. You can have 20 features but when all of them are crap your expansion is crap. Oh and it’s even more crap when class design is at an all time low. BfA has content, WoD had good class design, these things at least helped both expansions a bit. On the feature-side both fell flat, WoD because it didn’t offer much and BfA because all of the features just suck.

Plus at the start of the expac if memory serves, most BiS traits were completely passive that didn't change much up (dagger in the back etc) so if you wanted to be competitive you couldn't pick the fun ones, not to mention we had far fewer choices to being with
    I remember them selling azerite gear as gameplay changing and additions to the existing rotation when in fact almost all class specific traits where things like +10% damage. There where like three traits overall that pushed you to choose another talent or incorporate another spell into your rotation.

As someone who got his bis legendary as the last one, i can surely say the legendary system of Legion can die in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    They don't have to panic, wow classic has more players than current wow and they all bring in the same amount of money. They can totally half ass this, they don't need current wow as much as they used to.
    there is truth in your words

10+ Year Old Account
    Legiondaries in 7.3 with the wakening system was perfect imo, the excitement of know you could get an amazing item at any time, but also the assurance that you could go and get it when you needed to
    I think Legion had such a better system for a lot of stuff, BFA just feels like Legion lite, but just a tad worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's just conspiracy...
    People have a tendency to go for "It has to be due to this" instead of "I don't know why".
    I feel like they make one great expansion and they know it was great. They try to expand on it, the systems they expand upon becomes stale and boring really fast so for the next expansion they will do something new. Just look at MoP, it had some instanced gardening daily hub thing going on and in WoD they made it a Garrison, that broke the game. For BFA they kept the idea of progressing an item for class benefits, m+, wqs etc. And many people are bored to death of basically playing a version of Legion that is worse. And now i assume they are going to do something drastically different, and perhaps in 2 years time, they announce something based on that again... Rinse repeat.