Question Fate Of The Rajani

So, they're the only non-hostile Mogu in the game... BUT Ra-den went and kicked the bucket after getting corrupted, so what do you all figure will happen to The Rajani... and the rest of the Mogu?

Personally I'm still hoping the Horde manages to wrangle some of them.

They'd be a potential buddy race to the Forsaken. Use anima/blood magic same as the Belfs and Bleeding Hollow Mag'har. And it'd give them a chance to mend fences with the Zandalari and Pandaren (Huojin). That'd be an interesting story angle, how to reconcile with folks you used to abuse... and then that could dovetail well with Horde relations with the Alliance.

Mechanically it'd also give access to the Draenei-male skeleton and whatever skeleton the female mogu use (Female draenei? Female worgen?)

Mogu use of spirit magic could also have them show up later in Shadowlands, or in the next expansion pretty easily.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking they'd join as neutral race the same way the Pandaren did, and as for their fate I really can't say...Maybe they're pissed about what happened to Ra-den? They could potentially see us as a threat down the line

Whose to say..it all depends if we get a time jump after Shadowlands or not, and how significant it would be

They will be mostly forgotten.

As for my head-cannon, I think the best "ending" for the Rajani would be to continue their mission of watching over titan devices in peace, honoring both their master and the reason why they were created in the first place.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-06-20 at 01:29 AM.

Why not mogu? Horde accepts anything that's willing to abandon its former identity and go massacre happy every few years.

More seriously, enough ARs. Slowly dividing the planet into A vs H is getting silly already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Let them lay in Pandaria watching over all that Titan crap in MSV. Theirs could have been an interesting side story, but everything in 8.3 has been so half assed that it isn't even funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Wasted opportunity for an interesting Allied Race. But thats nothing new from Blizzard. Hopefully they get another chance or even come in with the pre patch, although it might be extremely unlikely.

I would imagine either they'll get wiped out by the other mogu clans without Ra-den, or we did enough damage that they'll start to unify the mogu under one banner.

Either way, even when Ra-den was depressed and not taking any action, the Rajani were still fighting to protect Mogushen Vault and others from the other Mogu and the Mantid, so I doubt no Ra-den will make them flip to evil.

Oh, and that all depends too on how far their alliance with the Shado-pan goes too past this. They obviously fought together under 8.3 events so I wouldn't be surprised if they stay allies going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So, they're the only non-hostile Mogu in the game... BUT Ra-den went and kicked the bucket after getting corrupted, so what do you all figure will happen to The Rajani... and the rest of the Mogu?

Personally I'm still hoping the Horde manages to wrangle some of them.

They'd be a potential buddy race to the Forsaken. Use anima/blood magic same as the Belfs and Bleeding Hollow Mag'har. And it'd give them a chance to mend fences with the Zandalari and Pandaren (Huojin). That'd be an interesting story angle, how to reconcile with folks you used to abuse... and then that could dovetail well with Horde relations with the Alliance.

Mechanically it'd also give access to the Draenei-male skeleton and whatever skeleton the female mogu use (Female draenei? Female worgen?)

Mogu use of spirit magic could also have them show up later in Shadowlands, or in the next expansion pretty easily.
    Its concepts like the Mogu, new and powerful they should have done more for the horde rather than taking alliance ones.. but that's crying over spilled milk..blizzard cha ges the horde, deal with it.

I agree with you on the Rajani, but they'll be very powerful on the horde and will likely face a nerf nat.

The Rajani dont do all the other Mogu clan things though, so unless they bring a united mogul race with them or at least the 3 tribes in 8.3, you arent going to get the anima blood thing

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it would have been cooler if the Ra-den encounter was like Norushen, in which he isolates himself and us in this specific chamber in Ny'alotha where we have to purge him of the Old God's corruption and face ourselves at the same time. After all, we're all getting corrupted AF too, how is that not affecting our minds?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Its concepts like the Mogu, new and powerful they should have done more for the horde rather than taking alliance ones.. but that's crying over spilled milk..blizzard cha ges the horde, deal with it.

I agree with you on the Rajani, but they'll be very powerful on the horde and will likely face a nerf nat.

The Rajani dont do all the other Mogu clan things though, so unless they bring a united mogul race with them or at least the 3 tribes in 8.3, you arent going to get the anima blood thing
    They have anima blood guys too.

https://twitter.com/Blizzplanetcom/s...022632962?s=20

Twas brillig

I really, really, really want to play as a mogu
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Ah good point, I forgot about that.. this probable means they can do all the other stuff, and the other clans basically employ corrupted/broken versions of it, similar to how the fallen troll tribes do compared to the Zandalari, and how we should be perceiving the elven off shoots do compared to the Night elves 9except in the night elf case, people I think perceive them as forest elf new elf group - rather than the original that has both arcane and nature as well as religious and demon hunting aspects to it being the ones that found all4 for all the elves and where the other elf groups get it from.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd really love to see the Rajani join the Horde, mogu just fit the Horde aesthetic so well. It'd also be nice to have a Horde race with clear Titan origins for the occassions when it matters.

if they were going to be an allied race they would have been already. so they will just be forgotten like every other faction in history.

lore wise they probably end up maintaining the vale, probably having occasional skirmishes with the pandas but teaming up if theres a spike in bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Rajani don't seem very interested in joining anyone else, really. It's likely they'll disappear back into the shadows once 8.3 is over - only showing back up if a Mogu-related storyline pops up in the future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think what we could be seeing in 8.3 are the seeds of Mogu unity, with the Rajani being a new Thunder King of sorts. The Mogu always have worked through subjugation via strength, and with the three other clans getting repeatedly crushed, the Rajani would be left on top.

If we get a time jump, I expect to see more Mogu/Rajani developments in the future.