Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yogg-Saron coming back, of course.

He was still whispering to the living creatures in Legion.

Yogg-Saron the Old God of Death, his return is inevitable.
    So maybe with Galakrond, after all?

The more I think about it, the more a Northrend revamp makes sense. And as Marlamin has said, Northrend is the oldest kind of content on Azeroth right now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    That would actually make a lot of sense. Northrend being the northernmost point of the world, with the known continents in the northern hemispheres. Unless the world's axis isn't on a tilt, which would explain why we don't experience seasons. I'm not sure there are any canon stories about summer/fall/winter/spring in different regions. The only thing we know about time passage is the growth and harvesting of grains in Lordaeron and various holidays. Yes, this is stretching a bit to make the in game world more accurate to its representation. Unless they do add seasons coming up.

But I'm getting distracted. They did also say they missed an opportunity to call Pandaria Southrend. Intentionally? Not sure yet.
    Off the top of my head I can think of Quel'Thalas being enchanted to be "everlasting spring" which implies that there is such a thing as spring and it is normal for the seasons to change so that it is not always spring.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So maybe with Galakrond, after all?

The more I think about it, the more a Northrend revamp makes sense. And as Marlamin has said, Northrend is the oldest kind of content on Azeroth right now.
    Just like N'Zoth resurrected and empowered Deathwing, turning him into the harbinger of his wrath, Yogg-Saron could do the same with Galakrond. Coincidentally, Cataclysm (with N'Zoth and Deathwing) also happened after an expansion about the Lich King (Janitor being the Licher King).

Old Gods have always messed with dragons. Remember how many dragons were enslaved and corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare, including the Dragon Aspect Ysera? Yogg-Saron was the one who originally created the Emerald Nightmare.

With Galakrond under his control, Yogg-Saron has the means to scour Azeroth of all life, usher in the Hour of Twilight, and become the one true God of a dead world.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Climate change came to Northrend and Blizzard is creating an expansion on environmental awareness campaigning.*/sarcasm*
    Funnily enough, last time we entered ICC the place was melting.

If they ever touch icecrown again, continental warming might actually be one of the revamp factors.

Formerly known as Arafal

El musico at last! Is this build release candidate or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Off the top of my head I can think of Quel'Thalas being enchanted to be "everlasting spring" which implies that there is such a thing as spring and it is normal for the seasons to change so that it is not always spring.
    Right on. Never delved that deep into region specifics. But yeah, obv applying real-world knowledge of axes and tilt and such doesn't work in this fantasy world. BUT, maybe the south of the world is so "warm" climated because of its interior, rather than exterior sources. Hmm? So instead of the sun's exposure to the planet being the only reason to give it the warmer south vs. equator has something to do with the titan sleeping within.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Didn't see anything about it, but it's getting close. Few technical changes and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Still not.

10+ Year Old Account

Yogg-Saron the Old God of Death, his return is inevitable. Once the Janitor is out of the way, this creature Yogg-Saron will sense a window of opportunity and try to take over the remainders of Death, to become the one true God of Death.
    I'm still salty they had the nerve to choose Silithus for the sword stab location, with would positively bathe C'thun with Azerite (you know, the watered down version of which instantly revived Y'shaarj's heart in MoP), but didn't have that lead to his return. Especially as a build up to N'zoth and the Black Empire expac. Why else would they make a point of showing Yogg's influence/presence as being active in Ulduar and pick Silithus of any other zones to make ground zero for the Azerite appearance? And no, the excuse of "they picked Silithus because it is empty and they didn't mind destroying it" is not a valid reason since they have bronze dragons to preserve old zones then proceeded to wreck Teldrassil and Tirisfal anyway. It was all lining up so perfectly and if they didn't have N'zoth trick us into storing him in that knife so he can catch us unawares later on, then Blizz really are just incredibly bad at using their own long crafted set ups...
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they still preface everything with soon. I still believe theres' a livestream coming up. If nothing happens today, then it could be a Thursday Livestream announcement for next week.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-02-09 at 05:25 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Right on. Never delved that deep into region specifics. But yeah, obv applying real-world knowledge of axes and tilt and such doesn't work in this fantasy world. BUT, maybe the south of the world is so "warm" climated because of its interior, rather than exterior sources. Hmm? So instead of the sun's exposure to the planet being the only reason to give it the warmer south vs. equator has something to do with the titan sleeping within.
    Their joking excuse in that video clip was the warm winds and ocean currents did it, so same stuff that causes western Europe to be warmer than the parts of North America that are the same distance or even closer to the equator. I don't know enough about this stuff myself but I'm pretty sure that that alone wouldn't be good enough to explain away a proper cold south pole if they intended Azeroth to function like earth (seasonally) which it does seem to since we also have a harvest festival and winter holiday that involves snow. I think they just didn't really think about it and there is no real explanation so in the end what matters is if Blizz decides to retcon it or not and it could go either way. Right now there is no cold southern pole, but if they decide to make one, it would retcon all the maps/lore but not their established climate.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm still salty they had the nerve to choose Silithus for the sword stab location, with would positively bathe C'thun with Azerite (you know, the watered down version of which instantly revived Y'shaarj's heart in MoP), but didn't have that lead to his return. Especially as a build up to N'zoth and the Black Empire expac. Why else would they make a point of showing Yogg's influence/presence as being active in Ulduar and pick Silithus of any other zones to make ground zero for the Azerite appearance? And no, the excuse of "they picked Silithus because it is empty and they didn't mind destroying it" is not a valid reason since they have bronze dragons to preserve old zones then proceeded to wreck Teldrassil and Tirisfal anyway. It was all lining up so perfectly and if they didn't have N'zoth trick us into storing him in that knife so he can catch us unawares later on, then Blizz really are just incredibly bad at using their own long crafted set ups...
    True, but regardless of what happened with Silithus, C'Thun is still very much active.

If you read the WoW Comic, you will see that C'thun is still alive and working in the shadows. In the WoW comic (which takes place when WoTLK started, so long after C'Thun was "slain" by the Heroes), C'Thun ordered and guided Cho'Gall to Silithus so that he could be resurrected by his servant. C'Thun was also the one who disfigured and deformed Cho'Gall, infusing him with his power, so that he could defeat the orc draenei Jesus who shall not be named. Even though C'Thun's plan and resurrection were stopped by the aforementioned Jesus who got 404'd from the lore, what this comic proves is that Classic WoW was not the end for C'Thun. In fact, C'Thun was still "active" enough to directly transform Cho'Gall into a monster.

In fact, pretty much all the Old Gods are still active. N'Zoth is obviously not dead and will come back eventually (via the Blade of the Black Empire). Yogg-Saron's whispers were heard in Legion. C'Thun was trying to get himself resurrected by Cho'Gall in WoTLK's pre-patch comic. Y'Shaarj lives on through the Sha. And there is also that mysterious Old God from Outlands that was being summoned by the arakkoa.

VERY IMPORTANT:

After the defeat of N'Zoth, Alleria Windrunner noted that the whispers of the Void worsened, with new voices joining the chorus of whispers. What does this mean? What truth does Alleria know? What secret does Alleria know about the Old Gods and the Void? Only Alleria knows...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Old Gods will be back, probably all of them, is just a matter of time.

Dragon Isles and The Other Side of Azeroth will happen too.

WoW is going to be alive for a looooong time and they will have time to explore whatever they want.

Blizzard claims that 9.2 is the end of the Warcraft saga that we know, and the beginning of a new chapter. What better moment to make a very necessary world revamp then?

But I also hope and think that 10.0 will bring core gameplay and systems changes. For starters they need to start making almost everything account wide. Also, I wish that they come up with a system to add more classes with each expansion, like FFXIV does. Make existing specs their own class, make them more simple and take away skills if needed too, there are many cool possible classes that we cannot get to play because fucking PvP and Mythic balance.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    The fact that they still preface everything with soon. I still believe theres' a livestream coming up. If nothing happens today, then it could be a Thursday Livestream announcement for next week.
    They're not gonna do a livestream to announce the release date of 9.2

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but regardless of what happened with Silithus, C'Thun is still very much active.

If you read the WoW Comic, you will see that C'thun is still alive and working in the shadows. In the WoW comic (which takes place when WoTLK started, so long after C'Thun was "slain" by the Heroes), C'Thun ordered and guided Cho'Gall to Silithus so that he could be resurrected by his servant. C'Thun was also the one who disfigured and deformed Cho'Gall, infusing him with his power, so that he could defeat the orc draenei Jesus who shall not be named. Even though C'Thun's plan and resurrection were stopped by the aforementioned Jesus who got 404'd from the lore, what this comic proves is that Classic WoW was not the end for C'Thun. In fact, C'Thun was still "active" enough to directly transform Cho'Gall into a monster.

In fact, pretty much all the Old Gods are still active. N'Zoth is obviously not dead and will come back eventually (via the Blade of the Black Empire). Yogg-Saron's whispers were heard in Legion. C'Thun was trying to get himself resurrected by Cho'Gall in WoTLK's pre-patch comic. Y'Shaarj lives on through the Sha. And there is also that mysterious Old God from Outlands that was being summoned by the arakkoa.

VERY IMPORTANT:

After the defeat of N'Zoth, Alleria Windrunner noted that the whispers of the Void worsened, with new voices joining the chorus of whispers. What does this mean? What truth does Alleria know? What secret does Alleria know about the Old Gods and the Void? Only Alleria knows...
    Aware of all of this and agree that it has to be inevitable. Unless Blizz turns out to be that incompetent to set all this up and then do nothing with it.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't incompetant, they just think differently then we do. The other reason is well if suddenly an old Old God(no pun intended) coming back will get the "BLIZZ IS OUT OF IDEAS" crowd and well I think they are dumb but I think its reasonable for Blizzard to avoid that even if Old Gods are Horror monsters that can get away with coming back IMO but again

We can't have nice things with this community.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I know people weren't 100% serious about Northrend getting blown up but the more I think about, the more plausible I actually think it is.

For one, they got rid of the Lich King. So they don't have to worry about that story. Its also a convenient way to tight up the loose end with the Scourge and how they aren't overrunning all of Azeroth. 8.2.5 could see a bunch of Northrend ARs are refugees within the Horde and Alliance.

On a larger scale, I don't see a revamp happening yet. But I do think a global facelift is how they would achieve it if they were going to do it. And it would also explain why the Kalimdor / EK books don't actually have any new lore. Because the new lore would be written in a new world so to say.

Yogg-Saron the Old God of Death, his return is inevitable. Once the Janitor is out of the way, this creature Yogg-Saron will sense a window of opportunity and try to take over the remainders of Death, to become the one true God of Death.
    Yogg, like all the other Old Gods, is dead.

He is as dead as Y'Shaarj or N'zoth.

LOL Please, the vast majority of people don't care about recycling villains. See how people reacted to the Rise of Skywalker trailer and the return of Palpatine, people were hyped, they didn't give a shit that they recycled Palpatine.

I guarantee you that if the next expansion's trailer featured either C'Thun or Yogg-Saron in some ways, so two of the most iconic MMORPG bosses ever, it would generate far more hype than Sylvanas spanking Bolvar.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They aren't incompetant, they just think differently then we do. The other reason is well if suddenly an old Old God(no pun intended) coming back will get the "BLIZZ IS OUT OF IDEAS" crowd and well I think they are dumb but I think its reasonable for Blizzard to avoid that even if Old Gods are Horror monsters that can get away with coming back IMO but again

We can't have nice things with this community.
    Well, I would never call any of them master of storytelling (yes, including Metzen), but for sure they are better than wannabe writers on forums. Most entertaining threads here are when people place their ideas instead of shitting on Blizz ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    hello from the future i see no news
    ...aaany minute now.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yogg, like all the other Old Gods, is dead.

He is as dead as Y'Shaarj or N'zoth.
    Blizzard disagrees with you.

Keep denying Canon.