10+ Year Old Account
    Leak definitely feels fake, but I am hopeful for a new class. It's been so long since we got dh in 2016, I am allowing myself just a measure of hopium.

Otherwise there better be more customizations, and I pray they give dhs velf/nightborne at the very least (prob won't)

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they just auto banned every “leaker”. Was it more in depth? They can see what alts you have on the IP address?

Another thing against it to me is it got both the timing of the announcement of an announcement wrong as well as the announcement date wrong.

Some may go "plans change' and yeah that is true but that's a pretty big shift from "Announcement for the announcement planned for the 18th" to actually being announced on March 7th (and further expansion announcement claimed to be on February 28th and the actual one being April 19th)

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I thought they just auto banned every “leaker”. Was it more in depth? They can see what alts you have on the IP address?
    Leakers don't get banned, they just ban people for ban evading by using alts. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about moderation like this here but it's basically proof that either A: The leak is fake and the person got banned for posting fake leaks on alts, or B: it's real and the person who leaked this just got banned on another account. I'm gonna go with A.

You can click through a few of the threads and see that's not the case. I doubt we will get any clarification from the mods but simply some are banned almost instantly and other ones are never touched.

The mods could easily help out here but as talking about this stuff is against the rules I guess not. Should probably just change subject or message the mods if you really are that curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Another thing against it to me is it got both the timing of the announcement of an announcement wrong as well as the announcement date wrong.

Some may go "plans change' and yeah that is true but that's a pretty big shift from "Announcement for the announcement planned for the 18th" to actually being announced on March 7th (and further expansion announcement claimed to be on February 28th and the actual one being April 19th)
    Was there ever anything hinting of a reveal in February to begin with? Or was it just mostly speculation because 9.2 was being released soonish

Did somebody come out and say that poster was fake? I assume it is, but Alex looking really good in it
    the art matches recent key art style
    the name is the same that was found
    its assumed real

the big leak talking about microclasses is BS though

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm almost certain that leak is fake. Firstly, the OP was banned, which makes me think he was an alt of someone who posted multiple fake leaks. Second, I am pretty sure someone suggested the name Dragonflight before the post, and even Shadowlands had a lot of fake leaks with the same name before the real leak.
    There are also widespread class issues as above.

Also the Dalaran thing makes zero sense. The expansion explicitly has separated zones. Why reuse Dalaran when you can't even park it next to the zones, because two of them are underground and one is who knows where? Also why would they make Dalaran the hub again when Undermine is a literal city.

I just really hope there is a new class, I know it hasn't been that long since DH but I really want something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    the big leak talking about microclasses is BS though
    What if it's something like this?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If to assume that the leaker is legit, and he had NOT-dated info.

Not a fan of micro-classes at all. It gives off cheap vibe to play the class with only one spec. DH always felt under-class to me, and them watering down the classes even further make them way less attractive to play.

Not a fan of specific micro-classes. Chronomancer and Tinker are okay. Minstrel and Dragon Knight smells of Dota and Lost Ark to be fair. There is nothing more distant from WoW and close to other franchises than these two concepts. Dont want these in WoW universe and lore.

Not a fan of new professions and housing. I know there will be fans of it, and there is nothing wrong with it. Its just the big chunk of new content that i wont touch at all. I dont care about housing like at all.

Now, SKINS are cool. Like it and hope they will expand on them in the patches.

Chromatus sounds like a lame main vllain and serious step down from the past villains.

Overall based on the purely leaked features that would be a NO-preorded expansion. There is too much meh and uninteresting stuff in it for me to be hyped up. It sounds like the Cata+MoP ugly bastard child.
    I really hope leaker got some dated info, and since then Blizzard decided to incorporate micro-classes into existing classes as 4th specs, so the rest classes will get their 4th spec with patches and addons.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2022-04-03 at 05:29 AM.

I still think the northrend nercopolis image was legit and trailer is going to be Galakrond getting ress'd

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Was there ever anything hinting of a reveal in February to begin with? Or was it just mostly speculation because 9.2 was being released soonish
    Just someone spitballing, I imagine. Probably guessing there'd be an expansion announcement shortly after 9.2's release too (though at hte time the guy posted that "leak" it wasn't announced, I believe (2 days later from what I can see) but it was a fairly safe bet).

The site stuff is all sadly real, but the detailed leak from February is fake. Hitting the name Dragonflight is not very hard if you're just cycling through every word combination that includes Dragons and there's 0 minstrels in all of Warcraft.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I think that image with Alexstrazsa is real just because they put more clothes on her

Original:

Ai upscale

Ai upscale 2 (best resolution but doesnt recognize the font right when you zoom in)

Original

Ai upscale
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ai upscale 2 (best resolution but overreacting to aggressive )

Feel free to investigate

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    ...and there's 0 minstrels in all of Warcraft.
    Other than the hired bard in the rogue class hall, I guess maybe? I think if we look hard enough we'll find more out and about though.

Yeah, there's no question about it. That's real as hell. That is absolutely Wu's art but a totally unique picture of Alex.

Just reinforces fear that there's no micdrop features if that's seriously their big cover.

EDIT: Also Jay the Bard. But, y'know. I actually liked bard being a side profession similar to XIV's performance mode as discussed some hundreds of pages back.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-03 at 05:59 AM.

Does that logo have a Warcraft II/III style giant stone background? like the rectangular stone block? that'd be hella throwback:

But also, I was on YT and got THIS particular WoW Ad for the first time.

For the past year, I've gotten only Shadowlands and a few Exiles Reach ads, NEVER seen this yet. I know that art is from Chronicle, right? Or just previously existing Blizz art in general.

Funny timing, no? lol
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!