Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even without immediately obvious classes for some of them, i will absolutely take having more than a single set from a raid.
    Yes, I also prefer this. But don't pretend it's obvious. Most of the time people are just guessing wrong, we have examples of that on this very page.Uh thanks for labeling them after they've already been labeled I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...26790#comments

Shaman - Earth and heavy lightning theme in that set, easy to guess.
    Druid - A bear pelt robe, easy to guess
    Rogues - Dark ston-y hood with lots of edge, easy to guess

Monk - Run of the mill monk set, easy to guess
    Warrior - Run of the mill warrior set, easy to guess
    Paladin - Run of the mill paladin set, easy to guess

Hunter - Another animal head and scale chest piece, easy to guess
    Mage - Light armor frost theme, medium guess, can be confusing
    Death Knight - Another frost juggernaut set, medium guess, mostly because i'd guess it to be the warrior set if didn't that one beforehand.

Priest - Religious cloth robe, easy to guess
    Warlock - Edgy cloth robe, easy to guess
    Demon hunter/Evoker - Look almost identitcal, hard guess.
    Mage, Evoker and DK threw me off.

Its certainly better than Sepulcher sets but I can't say I am a huge fan of the shared themes and colors in the new set designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't just chase what would be super popular, otherwise we will lose out on anything new and unique to a sea of elves
    Well there's a difference between something that's less popular, and something that would be in the basement in terms of popularity. Kul'tirans, HM Tauren, and LF Draenei are simply not popular in any sense. Drakonoids would have the same issue on top of being "ugly". WoW players have made it pretty clear that they by in-large don't like large, bulky races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Uh thanks for labeling them after they've already been labeled I guess
    I didn't label them, i gave my guesses from before they were revealed and gave a bit of an explanation why i made those guesses.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Gonna need a source for that, anything I can find has Hunter at the top spot around 10.5-11.5% depending on region with Druid being 2nd sitting at 9.7%.
    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

A question - With the new talent system will i be for example able to have ghoul on frost dk all the time or army of the dead spell?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    A question - With the new talent system will i be for example able to have ghoul on frost dk all the time or army of the dead spell?
    How would anyone know? We don't know what the dk tree looks like.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    No idea. We'll have to wait until we actually see the trees to know what options we have.

Do we know if the new "Press & Hold" type of spells will only go to Evoker?

I was so hyped when they revealed it, they absolutely need to put this new gameplay to other classes. So many possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Honestly that sounds really annoying on a keyboard. But are we finally getting controller support? FFXIV has had it a long time.

I was so hyped when they revealed it, they absolutely need to put this new gameplay to other classes. So many possibilities!
    I would be surprised if it went to anyone else. It seems like the defining mechanism for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    - The Dragon Isles have been hidden for 10K years so I doubt it. The Dragonmaw came to Azeroth like 35 years ago in the canon so I doubt we'll see any on the isles. Might some of their remnants sail to the isles to try to recapture their glorious past of Red dragon enslavement? Maybe, but I doubt it.
    There was the one short story of the redeemed Dragonmaw would usea a Cloud Serpent. It would be cool for a Horde faction of Dragonmaw looking to redeem themselves. That's what I'd do atleast.

So far they've said its a unique mechanic to their class. But I agree with you there's a lot of potential future applications for press/hold abilities so I doubt it will remain that way for long. Even if its altered and given a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Honestly that sounds really annoying on a keyboard. But are we finally getting controller support? FFXIV has had it a long time.
    Controller support is being ramped up with 9.2.5 already and I believe some was done in 9.2 (not positive though).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Small scale doesn't exist in WoW. BGs start at 10. They had considered in the past scaling some of the BGs for rated down to 6 but the idea was scrapped. I'd say Deepwind Gorge is about what you describe?
    Silvershard Mines could easily be scaled down to 5v5 with a few tweaks. Have just one path and have it be like Overwatch payload design where you reach check points until the final goal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is there somewhere they are actually labeled?

I'll admit, other than Rogue (#1?) / Warrior (#6?) I have a hard time telling some of the other ones apart.

I hope the last one on the right is the hunter one, would look awesome with the Sylvanas bow!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I hope the last one on the right is the hunter one, would look awesome with the Sylvanas bow!
    It is the hunter one.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...ept-art-326790

Formerly known as Arafal

I wouldn't get too hyped about these, remember how sepulcher raid tiers looked on concept arts?

I don't know also if it's just me, but the style of these really reminds me higher said sepulcher sets somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    There's no point in arguing that it takes the same time adding the assets/textures to different models. But once you made those textures and assets, it won't take the same time it took the first time when you had to make them and test them for fitting two different models, meaning that's less time for the next cases, right?
    It takes the same time to fit them to the first model as it would any additional models. Also when you factor in scales, hair, etc the initial investment might be different because not all races share the same generic parts. Blizzard talked about doing a lot more "colorful" looks to things because of the prismatic nature of the race and class.

Anyway you look at it there will likely be more work to fit it to all races then to a select few. Now it would be close to the same work to fit it to all existing elf and human races as they generally share the same basic features. You would have minor adjustments for the bulk of Kul'Tirans or the eye brows of Night elves but it doesn't seem like as much work to have to create Tauren specific "dragon" features for example.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    True, we should judge them once we actually see them in-game.

Robes always look good on paper, but look ass on our character.

Formerly known as Arafal