Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    no i dont believe so

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Early SL was pretty hype. Content droughts killed this expansion more than anything else.
    Yeah, it really was. And the upcoming harassment case didn't make it better.

Shame really, I really liked Shadowland in the start, I liked 9.1 too but then in 9.1.5 they made changes that made me quit. Subbed for legion tw again, but even that doesn't make me play a lot. Personally hate when they make all character progression obsolete. In 7.3.5, in 8.3 early on, same thing.

When you go online in WoW and think about the other 5 games you play currently, you know you want to do something else.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course not, WoW is big game and always some aspect is weaker than it was in other expansions, whining part of community always pick that and overblow out of proportions. Really trivial stuff like conduit energy can be made into things that are killing the game. In BfA gearing was most important on forums (cause it was broken), now suddenly topic is ignored, suddenly everyone is casual.

Not to mention that often two design choices are mutually exclusive. You can't please people like flying and people who hate it, you can't please people who want to only raid log and ones that want to log daily and progress their chars.

And third thing, there are lot of people who quit game, but somehow can't move on from community. From them you can't hear ridicolous stuff like "I don't want play SL, cause there is horrible Anima grind". Current expansion is mix of every shitty/unpopular expacs before it.

All these posts create reaction from people that enjoy game, sometimes blindly deflect any critique, sometimes genuinely spot and point out bullshit. But together hate and defending comments cloud real discussion about pros and cons of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    There's a massive difference between someone saying they don't like pandas and someone complaining because the game has become an unfun chorefest.
    is it though? both are completely subjective, based on persons preference

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean..... Mostly no. the WoW fanbase is impressively good at the rose colored glasses thing.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    the more people you have playing your game means you are doing something right.
    you should look up lifecycle of product if you believe wrath had most player just bcs of the quality...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its the level of shit that matters every expansion has problems. With Wrath Cata Mop got very little
    that is just incorrect, there was mountain of shit for every expansion since (and including) vanila

wrath for example got shat on for rehashed nax, op dks, strands was very much hated, wintergrasp got its pile of shit too, wonky vehicle combat , icc stagered release and quite a few bosses were hated, arena raid was VERY hated, limited attempts too... and thats just from the top of my head
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-12-12 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Nope. I've been playing from the start.

Each expansion had forums full of people complaining, even back for TBC. Every patch had people complaining too. I remember when they added BGs back in Vanilla, loads were complaining about the death of wPvP. Dire Maul? Made end-game content to easy. Maraudon? Made leveling too easy. New raids? Should be focused on balance and improving leveling.

The reason you don't see current complaints about really old expansions is that the majority of people on forums and still following WoW either a) didn't play during those expansions or b) did and they liked it.

The people who complained about BC/LK/Cata/MoP at the time have all basically quit and after a decade most have stopped frequenting forums. I liked all the WoW expansions so I don't have much negative to say. They've all had their pros and cons, and I've liked more than others, but I'd never say I actively disliked a period in WoW.
    hah I remember the vanilla days before BGs and the outcry when bgs were put in game. One could even argue the only "true" wpvp wow has ever seen was the days before bgs. That said, even then wpvp never really was what people often think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post

Wotlk: Introduction of LFG and the first store mount
    The Auto Que lfg came in with the dragonsoul patch, and LFR, and the first store mount also came in just before that at the end of WOTLKS life cycle.

WOTLK honestly had the least if not no kick backs and was the most loved expansion behind TBC.

TBC on the other hand didnt really have any complaints other than the insanely large Attunement requirements that lasted from SSC/TK into Sunwell.

and required you to complete the attune for SSC and TK, to get the attune for mount hyjal and BT done to be able to complete the sunwell attune.

they werent neccisarily reasons the Expansions where shat on, but are the only gripes the community had with them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

There are entire forum communities bigger than MMO-Champion's that is full of happy and supportive fans. If you visit some of the sub communities like transmog, collectors, completionists and RPers, many people are happy and feel they get their money's worth.

MMO champion is just full of toxicity and anger, it's pretty known to be the place antifans go to congregate

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    The Auto Que lfg came in with the dragonsoul patch, and LFR, and the first store mount also came in just before that at the end of WOTLKS life cycle.

WOTLK honestly had the least if not no kick backs and was the most loved expansion behind TBC..
    No, only LFR came with the Dragon Soul patch. Dungeon Finder was added in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    After BFA and Shadowlands it got me thinking. Has there ever been a WoW expansion where the community didn't shit on it? Its always whining. Some of it is deserved absolutely, but I feel a lot of it is just ridiculous. Like I can get why Metzen quit because of negativity

Wotlk: Introduction of LFG and the first store mount

Cata: Heroics too hard, Dragon soul

MoP: "Kung fu panda and too many dailies!!"

WoD: Nothing to do, worst expansion ever

Legion: World of RNGcraft. Legendary system is terrible.

Bfa: No explaination

Shadowlands: No explaination

At this point I almost feel like Blizzard could have made the perfect expansion and people would still find a way to complain about it. Not saying that right now its not deserved, but if you think about it, there has been whining about every single expansion ever. People may even have complained about TBC and Vanilla IDK I didn't play then

I don't know, it kinda pierces my heart. I know deep down, we all love WoW and want it to succeed so why are we so hard on it? I still dare say that even during Shadowlands, its still the best MMO out there. The systems are whack, but the gameplay, the lore, the everything is just so many miles better than anything else.

Then again there is no excuse for people like Danuser and Ion
    ''the lore''

Dafug you smoking OP.

I don't think so, but its only natural as blizzard tries to reinvent the wheel every expansion. Final fantasy doesn't and only gets crap if the story is boring or something. Otherwise people know what they get.

I really, REALLY, Hope OP is sarcastic about that part otherwise they have a terrible taste in story in general in Mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No, things like Forbearance and dmg/heal reduction under bubble, if I remember it correctly, were added in later patched. And yeah, Paladins were balanced in Cata. It was only guys, who exploited their OPness in WotLK were whining, that they were nerfed to the ground.
    Not really. Cata went way too far and affected PvE. Having to wait for 5 stacks of SoV and having to put up that buff i forget the name (was removed from talents this xpac) to start doing damage was hell. It took way too long. I left during mid cata cause it felt so terrible. I hear they fixed it a bit and was better on the last patch, but i dunno. I only returned when they removed that crap.
    I am not a PvP'er so i don't take kindly to PvP nerfs affecting my PvE performance.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-12 at 02:59 PM.

I think you are confusing some criticisms in overall well received expansions, which is normal, to expansions that are bad and their negatives dominate the gameplay experience.

There is a massive difference between someone mentioning attunement being a bit rough or Pandas are boring vs expansions like BFA or SL where there are zero positives and the game is designed solely around keeping a few people playing so Blizz can steal their shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I think you are confusing some criticisms in overall well received expansions, which is normal, to expansions that are bad and their negatives dominate the gameplay experience.

There is a massive difference between someone mentioning attunement being a bit rough or Pandas are boring vs expansions like BFA or SL where there are zero positives and the game is designed solely around keeping a few people playing so Blizz can steal their shinies.
    You might have a point if not for one of the primary complaints about MoP being that it was nothing but World of Dailycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I wish we could go back to the days where my biggest gripes with the game was something like class balance.
    No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've got my own list of complaints about the game but they are mostly big things like how the game is over-engineered and how the separate pieces of an expansion don't sync well. It's easier to keep quiet about anything you might like. Like one big one: I love rogue-like games of all kinds so while I haven't overdone it in Torghast I always enjoy running it. It's a decent translation of a rogue-like to WoW. I hope they learn from this one and do some more. Procedurally generated stuff with a bit of content or map randomness is more interesting than responding to tightly scripted bosses and trash that never varies.
    I don't mind Torghast, but there are some things with it that spoiled the fun for me.

The first is being required to do the thing over and over because that's how you pay for legendaries.

The second is that some classes got a lot more love than others when it comes to anima powers.

The third mainly applies to the 'endless' runs - the mod toughness and difficulty scales quite unevenly, and it's entirely possible that a good run will suddenly become unfinishable because you didn't get something (usually health) before you hit the last few floors. It makes the smart play being to quit after only a few floors if you don't get enough health buffs, or your demon health buff or whatever other power it is that's essential to your spec and start over, and to do this until you have the key powers very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    As someone who lived through each expansion launch, my take was that they had had far less biting negativity, there was more concern and focused feedback rather than outright ire like nowadays.
    Then: "there are some things that need improvement"

Now: "finish failing so I can joyously dance on the graves of your careers"
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Not really. Cata went way too far and affected PvE. Having to wait for 5 stacks of SoV and having to put up that buff i forget the name (was removed from talents this xpac) to start doing damage was hell. It took way too long. I left during mid cata cause it felt so terrible. I hear they fixed it a bit and as better on the last patch, but i dunno. I only returned when they removed that crap.
    I am not a PvP'er so i don't take kindly to PvP nerfs affecting my PvE performance.
    Almost all classes got dmg ramp up mechanic by Cata. Some sooner, like Enhs with their maelstrom, they got in WotLK. It was just unfair to play with ramp up mechanics against rets, who had insta one-shots. I don't even want to list amout of OP mechanics, Rets had. It's ok to have some of them, but not all at the same time. Slow, freedom, bubble, LOH, stun, sap, -stats debuff, healing from dmg, highest armor from plate, i.e. lowest phys dmg, 2H weapon with highest insta dmg, etc.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.