Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 4.1 PTR Notes - April 12 Update

Patch 4.1 PTR Notes - April 12 Update
    The Patch 4.1 PTR Notes have been updated to reflect the changes from the latest PTR build.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Dungeons & Raids
    Dungeon Finder
    • Players will now get bonus rewards 7 times per week (while earning less than 980 Valor Points) instead of once a day when using Dungeon Finder.
    • When there is only 1 player left in a Dungeon Finder group, they will now be able to queue for replacements as long as they queue within 2 minutes or stay in the dungeon.
    • Once the dungeon is completed the eligible player will receive a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries (account bound) with various potential rewards including: gold, rare gems, non-combat pets, and (very rare) mounts.

Guilds
    • The criteria on many of the profession-related guild achievements has been significantly reduced.

Items
    Item Sets
    • The caster shaman 4-piece PvP set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Grounding Totem by 3 seconds, up from 1.5.

User Interface
    • The Network category contains the options "Optimize network for speed" and "Enable IPv6 when available". "Optimize network for speed" will be enabled by default, and will send packets more frequently at the cost of higher bandwidth. The higher bandwidth may lead to disconnects for some players who have limited bandwidth. Players getting disconnected frequently should try unchecking this box.

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Unholy
    • Rage of Rivendare again applies 15/30/45% additional damage to Plague, Scourge, and Festering Strike, up from 12/24/36%.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Swipe (Cat) damage has been doubled.

Feral
    • Berserk is no longer on the global cooldown.

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Retribution
    • Selfless Healer: The damage bonus from this talent now has a 30-second duration, up from 10.

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Grounding Totem cooldown has been increased to 25 seconds, up from 15.

Restoration
    • Earth Shield healing done by Restoration shaman has been reduced by 20%.
    • Nature's Blessing has been improved to 6/12/18% bonus direct healing on Earth Shielded targets, up from 5/10/15%.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Grounding Totem now increases the cooldown of the ability by 35 seconds, down from 45 seconds.

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    • Improved Hamstring now reduces the global cooldown on Hamstring by 0.5/1 0.25/0.5 seconds in addition to its current effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Satchel of Exotic Mysteries (account bound) being famed like mad with this!

10+ Year Old Account
    "When there is only 1 player left in a Dungeon Finder group, they will now be able to queue for replacements as long as they queue within 2 minutes or stay in the dungeon." Very Nice.

"Account bound"

I wonder if this is the same as BoAs are now (limited to the server), or ACTUALLY account bound, meaning you can transfer between servers.

Would really like to know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I can see Satchel of Exotic Mysteries (account bound) being famed like mad with this!
    Which will be a good thing as it will only be available to tanks and healers. Yay shorter DPS queues!

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

* Earth Shield healing done by Restoration shaman has been reduced by 20%.

... c'mon!

Fantastic - I can see this justifying 4 more weeks on PTR ...

"Optimize network for speed" will be enabled by default, and will send packets more frequently at the cost of higher bandwidth. This was the option that was reversed cause affected less than 1% of ppl making the game unplayable? Now you can choose to use it based on if you are in a Wireless or a Broadband connection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notmagnik View Post
    Which will be a good thing as it will only be available to tanks and healers. Yay shorter DPS queues!
    I suppose i guess, but could cause issues with some
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Removal of the Selfless Healer change is likely for the best. Ret paladins should be worrying about doing damage and interrupting their target, not making sure to throw out random raid heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    So, what? Selfless Healer is back to 30 seconds?

Please no
    back to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    So, what? Selfless Healer is back to 30 seconds?

Please no
    No, the strikethrough is eliminating the increase to 30 seconds.
    Warriors get angry, rogues get tired and hunters get... ADD?

Quote Originally Posted by Moyotoshi View Post
    No, the strikethrough is eliminating the increase to 30 seconds.
    Indeed, misread on my part.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Wait, is that an Unholy BUFF I see?

Saints be praised!

(The funny part is, I've started main tanking for my guild, but still, Unholy has taken SUCH a beating lately, it's nice to see something that isn't a nerf.)

yay for more resto shaman nerfs

So with the satchel are the goodies in it bound to account or is it just the satchel ?? might have to turn auto loot off or fill bags up ??

15+ Year Old Account
    i think this Satchel of Exotic Mysteries will probably keep a few more good tanks and healers in the LFD system for a few weeks, until people get bored of it, while all the bad tanks and healers will keep attempting to farm heroics, in the long run this seems like another Occulus Band Aid Fix, that kinda worked but not really...if you know what i mean

Deleted
    So now the Satchel is available to ANYONE that stays alone in a dungeon and requeues. Even if he didn't join through CTA. Correct?

So what about this: Queuing with 4 guild mates, tell them to leave dungeon on last boss..Queue..Win..Rinse and Repeat (take turns etc). Or "buy"/"sell" the satchel through /2 (ask ppl to queue with you and then leave)

Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    So now the Satchel is available to ANYONE that stays alone in a dungeon and requeues. Even if he didn't join through CTA. Correct?

So what about this: Queuing with 4 guild mates, tell them to leave dungeon on last boss..Queue..Win..Rinse and Repeat (take turns etc). Or "buy"/"sell" the satchel through /2 (ask ppl to queue with you and then leave)

I dont think that is what it means: "the eligible" player will still only be the one (or ones) on Call to Arms - even if they joined later.

They made this change so the groups that fell apart after 2nd boss can still finish the run.

Probably should edit the notes to point out the bag is from call to arms >.>

So I read this as if you queue up, get a fail group that all leave before the end of the dungeon, you can now stay in, get 4 more people to finish, and you get a satchel...whether you're a tank, healer, or dps?

That'll help with all the bad tanks that are going to start flooding the queue - and since you're already in the dungeon, I'd imagine you'd get priority in re-assembling a group, even if you're by yourself. And it gives dps a chance at a bag. I like that.

EDIT: NVM, re-read 'eligible' player, meaning you'd still have to be the CTA role.