I've never done Teq or the Tri-Wurm successfully. Tried a couple times, deemed it not worth the time for the reward. I'm not playing this game for challenge. I'm playing it for entertainment. Challenges, IMO at least, are for real-world things that will have an actual and lasting impact. Not server bits that'll be gone in a couple decades.

If you get to teq an hour early, you're pretty guaranteed to get in a winning group. it's really not worth the effort more than once or twice though.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I've never failed a teq. I usually go 30 minutes early sometimes an hour but I've never failed it ever
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If you get to teq an hour early, you're pretty guaranteed to get in a winning group. it's really not worth the effort more than once or twice though.
    Yeah, depending on what I am doing, I may stop by about an hour early and see if anyone is organizing it. If they are, I'll stick around and take up a position, if not I'll just go find something else to do.

They really need to rush that balance patch out. The past two days I've felt like rage quitting the entire game because I keep losing to the same class/build. It's not a matter of being outskilled. It's really just losing to the build. Thieves and Hambow Wars. Upping the stacking duration of immbolization is really one of the dumbest things they've done. I'm amazed at how often and quickly they nerf Confusion, which has an actual skill check in it to be effective, but something as simple as immob runs rampant.

And they should have never flip-flopped on their thief design. In beta, they talked of making thief multipurpose and not a stealth reliant class. Then thief fans bitched that they had no specialty to speak of since "Eles has mobility too", so ANet upped the stealth and it's been bad ever since. The main issue is the game's rendering engine creates the perma stealth or constant stealth because of how it renders in/out of stealth. The fact that wacking a thief while in stealth doesn't reveal them, and even when you plop reveal on them, it is ineffective because of the stealth rendering issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've heard of Teq but I don't play often so I didn't really know anything about it. So I wiki'd it and went to the area and it was 30 min til and we killed it~ =D?

Deleted
    I never succeeded the wurm. But I never tried that much my best tbh. I believe there is a TS that organizes the whole thing but I don't have that information. Usually I get dumped in a shitty map and it's a hell to find a good one without the right connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I never succeeded the wurm. But I never tried that much my best tbh. I believe there is a TS that organizes the whole thing but I don't have that information. Usually I get dumped in a shitty map and it's a hell to find a good one without the right connections.
    http://ttsgamers.com/

If you have an open guild slot join up It's by far the easiest way to get Wurms done. You just need to be wiling to be on Team speak so things can be coordinated and follow directions

Deleted
    I can't find anything if it's EU or NA?

10+ Year Old Account
    @zed zebes
    You might try taking some time to watch a top thief so you can see how to counter them. Someone like Sizer
    Valar morghulis

There really is no counter to thief for Mes unless you create your entire build to counter them. However, overall and with other classes, it's a rendering problem. I can't counter the things I complained about. It's a game engine issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol sorry zebes, gonna call horseshit on that one. Lmao.
    Valar morghulis

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't find anything if it's EU or NA?
    just gave their application thing a looksee and they're NA only. They suggest giving TXS a looksee if you're EU.

Deleted
    Of course they are. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It is impossible to counter a condition theif as a mesmer. The only way to counter a stealth theif is to run phantasm cause 3 phantasms up will just wreck the theif when he appears. Problem is he will just spam stealth and heal if he lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Mesmer is target reliant to create clones/do damage/use class mechanics. Stealth means you can't create illusions because you have no target. This is well understood in the game. ANet knows this is a problem. Mes is the only class so absolutely target reliant. There's MH sword and nothing else to sweep for stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Mesmer is target reliant to create clones/do damage/use class mechanics. Stealth means you can't create illusions because you have no target. This is well understood in the game. ANet knows this is a problem. Mes is the only class so absolutely target reliant. There's MH sword and nothing else to sweep for stealth.
    Meanwhile.... eles and warriors perma 25 stacks of might lololololol

Of course they are. Sigh.
    Ah boo, sorry Silver I completely forgot you were EU.

Deleted
    That's ok, it just makes me sad I often can't 'join in' because of it :'(

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's ok, it just makes me sad I often can't 'join in' because of it :'(
    It's ok. I'm sad I can't immigrate to most of your countries over there because they are smart and actually limit people coming in. Meanwhile anyone and their uncle can come to my country and even live tax free and illegally! Oh boy. WTB sponsor for permanent residence in Ireland, Scotland, England, or Wales PST.
    BAD WOLF