Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    It's possible the formation of this Staff could take a while, like a few major patches.

For example you obtain the beginning quests and pieces in the Firelands tier that forms an epic quality staff and the continuing quests and items will be obtained from future major content patches and raids like CoT: WotA.

This is a complete guess of course but would fit with the current information and would solve the issue that was had with Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings and having to increase its item level to keep it in line with the next tier of content.
    Val'anyr's item level was only increased because people were stupid and based whether people could come to their ICC runs on what their GS was.

Being that Val'anyr was from Ulduar, 2 tiers below ICC, it's item level was rather low. However, what it actually did was better than many items from TOC and even ICC.

I know a holy paladin on my server that was doing HM 10 LK while still using Val'anyr. The proc effect on Val'anyr was amazing on that fight.

Just because the caster legendary will be what item level 391 (400 something, legendaries are usually a little higher in item level than the tier they are in), doesn't mean people won;t still be using it in later contents of raiding.

People were doing kara, and early portions of SSC and TK with Thunderfury and Atiesh.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-02-26 at 09:01 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    It's possible the formation of this Staff could take a while, like a few major patches.

For example you obtain the beginning quests and pieces in the Firelands tier that forms an epic quality staff and the continuing quests and items will be obtained from future major content patches and raids like CoT: WotA.

This is a complete guess of course but would fit with the current information and would solve the issue that was had with Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings and having to increase its item level to keep it in line with the next tier of content.
    That actually sounds like a viable scenario. Hell it could even be stretched over 3 patches to only be completed in the final patch of the expansion. That is pretty unlikely though.

This staff looks great'n all but Will It Blend?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Why would they ever make a tanking weapon? That would be a waste of time and effort.
    Because us tanks are already degraded and demoralized, I would use a tanking legendary 2 tiers below just because it would make me feel better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomdonk View Post
    looks good but why the fuck isnt it longer ? ...
    Read the comments right below it!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Also, that screenshot isn't really good, it's slightly longer than it looks. (Oh god the jokes.)
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    i only want to know one thing:
    is this kind of a confirmation that cot:wota will be the 2nd raid besides firelands?

since we don´t know what the other raid is i hope it won´t be like this a we´ll get a new cot raid asap
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2011-02-26 at 09:18 PM.

i hope they put spirit of the staff so i can lol when i get it over a dps

Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishh View Post
    Keep hoping, McNutt.

I am surprised people havent started speculating what the proc will be or perhaps - an on USE effect :O

Way to go BB and the op "dpswhore" for finding what is possibly, probably, Cataclysm's Frostmourne.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i only want to know one thing:
    is this kind of a confirmation that cot:wota will be the 2nd raid besides firelands?
    I can't datamine like Bibi, of course, but from what I've seen, it is incredibly unlikely we'll see a CoT raid or dungeon in 4.1.

I'm just saying, people need to stop getting their hopes up and spreading rumors or I'm going to have to deal with 100 "QQ WRRY U LIE TO ME BLIZZ?!" threads when it turns out there is no CoT raid.

If it happens, cool! I hope it does too, but I'm being realistic - there is absolutely nothing about it in the files.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-26 at 09:52 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Well, it's not better than Kingdom's Heart heroic (especially not for Elemental Shaman), so yeah, it's pretty comparable.

Even if in T12 there are 2 shields and 2 offhands (or more likely, 1 shield and 1 offhand), it will still be fair dibs to all caster DPS unless the proc is really poorly designed and benefits one spec 100x more than others.

99% chance that there will be 2 offhands per tier due to healing specs needing the spirit that a spirit base OH would provide, where as a DPS casater like a Lock or Mage would porefer one with two of the following stats Crit/Haste/Mastery/Hit due to Spirit giving nothing besides mana regen for the mentioned classes (Yes Spriests and moonkins may want spirit for hit, but they would also want one with pure DPS stats also, depending on itemization of said offhands).

OT: I think it looks pretty cool though could do with being a bit longer to balance it out a tad, the short staffs in Uld looked silly, I want them to be like proper staffs, not sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool. Thanks for that!

That is impressive as hell. haha.

Cool looking model as well.

Deleted
    God, we need some staffs in this current state.

Only epic staff at the moment is Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending... no other staff drops from either of the raids, kind of wierd.

Swords,daggers and maces though, drop as much as a fat kid eats donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishh View Post
    Shadow priests and boomkins say hi.

Deleted
    It looks like a coat hanger!
    A fancy one, nevertheless!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not gonna lie. The Staff looks alittle like http://www.wowhead.com/item=32332 + http://www.wowhead.com/item=51281
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

cant wait to tear arena up with this - SIGh ill have to kill dragons though :S

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    cant wait to tear arena up with this - SIGh ill have to kill dragons though :S
    Not dragons... Fire men... with legs...