Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Hey! Well at last they have also seem to have noticed that the spell isnt quite perfectly balanced yet. I personally would have prefered a manacostreduce in the height of the troughtput buff, but its a step in the right direction.

Some people said they would prefere a redesignement of the spell.
    Heres my idea: take the same spell as it is now, but change who it heals as follows:
    Heals the up to 6 most injured raid members in range for (6x actual heal ie about 5-6k) every 2sec. ie divides the heal( intelligent) to up to 6 people (if only one, he should get it all)
    I dont think it would be abused as a singletarget hot, because of 9k manacost and 40sec CD.
    And it would be more usefull to smoothe out raid dmg when it would heal the (6) most injured players. (instead of all 25 raid members by massiv 200)
    Greez

Ps: that should make a good enough distinction to the mechanic of healing rain...
    It's a good idea, but I think it would be OP. Holy Priests are already probably the best AOE healers in Wow atm, buffing sanctuary this much would be dangerous. It would go from what it is now, a situational spell which is meh in the correct situations and completely useless in other situations, to being a must-have in the correct situations and decent in other. I would assume holy priest stacking would ensue since, feud would become quite easy since PoH and CoH spamming would take care of overall healing while the sanctuary keeps the low HP guys safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    A change it really needs is that it won't heal people already at full health, further diminishing the effectiveness of the spell.
    In most cases I'd sooner throw out a smite or a mind spike than use Sanctuary, the buff should be closer to 100% than 35%.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    You also can't precast your mastery over the whole raid
    But you can do it over a group or two, with added bonus of PoH glyph.

Is there anyone here on the PTR that can confirm something that is being reported on the WoW forums? Apparently Sanc got the 35% buff but is not benefiting from EoL ticks anymore so it actually does less healing right now than before. It's probably a bug, but if someone could test this and keep us posted that would great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But you can do it over a group or two, with added bonus of PoH glyph.
    Sure you can, but it will cost nearly as much as sanctuary, take a little over four seconds to cast two prayers, and probably result in massive overhealing since the purpose of this was to precast before a big aoe anyway, the raid should have been more or less topped up before the aoe

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    on PTR it appears HW:Sanctuary no longer procs Echo of Light...

they buff by 35% but remove the proc ? hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Parishealton View Post
    on PTR it appears HW:Sanctuary no longer procs Echo of Light...

they buff by 35% but remove the proc ? hmm
    Tested it and it does no longer proc echos, the 35% buff is quite low and isnt enough to compensate
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Tested it and it does no longer proc echos, the 35% buff is quite low and isnt enough to compensate
    What makes sense, if the nix on EoL is intended, is that they want to reduced log clutter & the reason for it doing "slightly" less in the now is so it scales correctly in the future.

If not, its a bug that they'll not fix until a new PTR build.

Deleted
    technically it isnt a direct heal anyway so maby it isnt even supposed to proc on Live like it does... thats the only reason I can think of tbh.

i rarely ever use it i hope its at least close to healing rain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    i rarely ever use it i hope its at least close to healing rain
    its not - no where near....

Quote Originally Posted by Parishealton View Post
    its not - no where near....
    Nor is it supposed to be.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ healing rain comments.

This is going to turn into another "Lighwell should be just like the one in ToC 5 man!" discussion, only replacing "Lightwell" with "Sanctuary" and "ToC 5 man" with "Healing Rain."

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    lol @ healing rain comments.

This is going to turn into another "Lighwell should be just like the one in ToC 5 man!" discussion, only replacing "Lightwell" with "Sanctuary" and "ToC 5 man" with "Healing Rain."
    Going to? You mean, it hasn't been since beta?

Ima nub with holy priesting but, what's with all the Lightwell and ToC 5 man stuff? I thought pre-cata lightwell was pretty useless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ima nub with holy priesting but, what's with all the Lightwell and ToC 5 man stuff? I thought pre-cata lightwell was pretty useless?
    It was more useful than people gave it credit for. It's biggest flaw was just not fitting in the WotLK style of healing. If you've ever done ToC5 you'll notice that they have Lightwells that spew out heals to semi-random targets, and most people wanted our Lightwell to follow that model, adding another smart heal to our arsenal.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    It was more useful than people gave it credit for. It's biggest flaw was just not fitting in the WotLK style of healing. If you've ever done ToC5 you'll notice that they have Lightwells that spew out heals to semi-random targets, and most people wanted our Lightwell to follow that model, adding another smart heal to our arsenal.
    Oooh, I totally forgot about that.... Thanks for the explanation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Nef phase 3, Chimaeron. Atramedes, on the melee just before Searing Flame hits... though I guess that's less important now that it's going to put Modulation on cooldown.
    None of those fights really push for it except Chimaeron. Can't believe I forgot that. Nefarian you have plenty of time to heal up and Atramedes is a joke with a good gong clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    None of those fights really push for it except Chimaeron. Can't believe I forgot that. Nefarian you have plenty of time to heal up and Atramedes is a joke with a good gong clicker.
    Now it is, yes. Good gong clicker didn't fix the immediate Modulation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybred View Post
    Nefarian you have plenty of time to heal up and Atramedes is a joke with a good gong clicker.
    Post 4.1 you'll always eat one searing pain tick... Btw that's also when we get the 35% buff.