Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Every time I get sad about how long it will be for GW2 to come out, I just think of how rushed, incomplete and shitty Cata is, then instead of feeling sad I'm happy that ArenaNet that isn't rushing it and is doing things right.
    Pretty much this, thats why i love them, they said they wont release it til its done.

10+ Year Old Account
    2012?? but im already addicted

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Pretty much this, thats why i love them, they said they wont release it til its done.
    sad face
    and happy face
    i cant decide.....wtb time travelling machine Xx

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    2012?? but im already addicted
    this XD lol <3

well...i guess that actually gives me enough time to get all of the HoM-rewards
    btw! (@blizzcon2011...or any1 that knows the answer) how do u link 2 guild wars accounts? recruit-a-friend or something? wanna get the rewards with my dad
    Last edited by Sundreamer; 2011-05-28 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Well, 2012 isn't so far away after all this waiting.
    It was announced that GW2 was in early stages in 2007.
    Original beta test was scheduled for 2008.
    Another one was supposed to be in 2010.

And hey, it definitely will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    how do u link 2 guild wars accounts? recruit-a-friend or something? wanna get the rewards with my dad
    Expansions linked to same account I believe.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-28 at 09:52 PM.

sad face
    and happy face

this XD lol <3
    Arrowstorm: TIME TRAVEL MACHINE! TIME TO SEE GW2 IN 2012!
    *travelling time, travelling time, travelling lots of time and space (Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a Spider do)*
    Arrowstorm: TIME TO HIT... Hey, whats that?
    *A big sign is standing in the way, reading "GW2 has not yet been released in the age you comes from, and it has been calculated, that mortal minds will explode by the awesome epicness of getting all of GW2 instantly, instead of getting it over time."*
    Arrowstorm: FUCK THAT, I WANNA PLAY GW2!! *blasts through the sign, and gets to 2012*
    Arrowstorm: Huuray, 2012! Now I just need to...
    EXTREME MACHINE VOICE-02:TIME INTRUDER FROM THE PAST! MUST NOT REVEAL THE EPICNESS OF GW2 AND EXPLODE THE MINDS OF FUTURE PLAYERS!
    *Arrowstorm gets zapped to death, while screaming in agony, not of pain, but because he will never get to play GW2*

And that kids, is why you must NEVER go back in time!
    But, the mayas knew GW2 would come in 2012, they predicted that the world would get destroyed, making way for the golden age of MMOs. So smart!

sad face
    and happy face

this XD lol <3

well...i guess that actually gives me enough time to get all of the HoM-rewards
    btw! (@blizzcon2011...or any1 that knows the answer) how do u link 2 guild wars accounts? recruit-a-friend or something? wanna get the rewards with my dad

If you have Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 on your master account it will automatically link.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Arrowstorm: TIME TRAVEL MACHINE! TIME TO SEE GW2 IN 2012!
    *travelling time, travelling time, travelling lots of time and space (Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a Spider do)*
    Arrowstorm: TIME TO HIT... Hey, whats that?
    *A big sign is standing in the way, reading "GW2 has not yet been released in the age you comes from, and it has been calculated, that mortal minds will explode by the awesome epicness of getting all of GW2 instantly, instead of getting it over time."*
    Arrowstorm: FUCK THAT, I WANNA PLAY GW2!! *blasts through the sign, and gets to 2012*
    Arrowstorm: Huuray, 2012! Now I just need to...
    EXTREME MACHINE VOICE-02:TIME INTRUDER FROM THE PAST! MUST NOT REVEAL THE EPICNESS OF GW2 AND EXPLODE THE MINDS OF FUTURE PLAYERS!
    *Arrowstorm gets zapped to death, while screaming in agony, not of pain, but because he will never get to play GW2*

And that kids, is why you must NEVER go back in time!
    But, the mayas knew GW2 would come in 2012, they predicted that the world would get destroyed, making way for the golden age of MMOs. So smart!
    Thats a good way to put it, the mayans are so badass they predicted world of warcraft would be destroyed in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 on your master account it will automatically link.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 06:17 PM ----------

Thats a good way to put it, the mayans are so badass they predicted world of warcraft would be destroyed in 2012.
    He's talking about 2 different accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    He's talking about 2 different accounts
    Oh then no, you cant do that, only way you can both get the bonuses is if you gather all of the stuff together in 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I heard a large cheer when GW2 was first announced, just like Rift or TOR. I don't see it very different. And I really don't see Rift or TOR as superficial hype. We don't know all the details on TOR or GW, yet we like what we see and continue to follow.
    I'm not so sure. I can't speak for other people's experiences, but when I first heard there was going to be a Guild Wars 2, my reaction was a big "Meh". I hadn't ever played the first one, or even really contemplated doing so as at the time it was released, WoW was pretty new and I was caught up in all its shiny newness.

Anyway, at some point after Guild Wars 2 was announced, think it was about a year or so ago, I was flicking through an issue of PC Gamer looking for something new to read since I had read pretty much all the articles, and out of sheer boredom I decided to read their article on Guild Wars 2. There were a few interesting sections, the concept art looked cool, but once I finished reading it, I didn't really give it a second thought...

...until a few months down the line and there was another article on Guild Wars 2. This time it went into detail about the different classes that had been anounced, how the combat worked, etc, and I started to think to myself that this is something I might want to keep an eye on.

Skip ahead another couple of months, I'm seeing screenshots, more detailed info, threads on various forums popping up about it and by this point I'm starting to get more and more interested. Eventually I start looking into it myself, going to the official website, looking at fan forums, watching demos on Youtube and it finally hit me. If this game turned out to be everything it promised, it would be absolutely epic. Ever since, I've been an avid follower and even bought the original Guild Wars and expansions so I could get a feel for the world and put a lil more cash in Arenanet's pockets!

In short, I have to agree with Mif. If you haven't had much experience or interest in the original, hearing that Arenanet are making Guild Wars 2 probably isn't going to instantly grab your attention, but after getting exposed to pieces of information, the way the game is aiming to change the way MMOs work, it's hard to not become curious and end up getting sucked into all the excitement.

Oh then no, you cant do that, only way you can both get the bonuses is if you gather all of the stuff together in 1.
    so u gotta have 2 Guild Wars accounts on 1 master account in order to get (http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=d...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA) 3 points for free (click on honor)?

so u gotta have 2 Guild Wars accounts on 1 master account in order to get (http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=d...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA) 3 points for free (click on honor)?
    All you have to do at the moment to get those 3 points is to own Eye Of The North. This is why:

Q: Why did I receive 3 points for having "Accounts Linked" under the Monument of Honor when I haven't done any linking yet?

A: When Guild Wars 2 is released, there will be a way to link your Guild Wars account to your Guild Wars 2 account. If you own Eye of the North, you will receive 3 points for linking the accounts together. The Reward Calculator assumes that you will have linked the accounts together, so it automatically gives you those points.

Graphically this game looks amazing, but honestly I am tired of the whole cliche fantasy style MMO. They all have the same type of classes and races. Isn't anyone tired it? IDK maybe it's just me. I'll still be trying this game out, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Graphically this game looks amazing, but honestly I am tired of the whole cliche fantasy style MMO. They all have the same type of classes and races. Isn't anyone tired it? IDK maybe it's just me. I'll still be trying this game out, but I just wanted to voice my opinion on that.
    What would you want then? Future? TBH, future stuff normally sucks. Tho I like the idea of a MMO based on a spaceship, were people like in Star Trek and Star Wars and Matrix was walking around the ship, doing different stuff, and sometimes going on the enemy ship, and then sometimes land on planets. But I have yet to see any MMO EVER come close to what I would want from that.

Deleted
    Well it's going to be hard to make any game not fantasy, since that what games are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so many cool stuff... i think im gonna try to get them.

Anyone knows how difficult it is to get everything?

Holy shit, I never gave this game a look, but I must say it looks amazing. It is very original for the most part too. My first look and I am already in love with it. I am salivating over a necromancer. Definitely going to buy this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what you're saying Moth, that's how I was with TOR. I didn't jump on the yipee train until more stuff started getting shown.
    Same with GW2. I guess that's the point I was going for. There are plenty of people who are like that for every game. I just didn't agree with GW being distinguished as a better hype because of it. a lot of games are like that, and I include the upcoming MMOs in that same pattern (Rift, TOR, Tera, etc)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Anyone knows how difficult it is to get everything?
    Everything? Lets just say that it requires some serious dedication.
    And even more ingame cash.

I settled for 23 points (well okay, I ran out of money, lol), just wanted to get that Fellblade.
    They're my favourite weapons from GW1, love the skin.

edit: ahh, found it.
    This may come handy for some.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-05-28 at 11:43 PM. Reason: deepest secret

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Indeed, I haven't even got EotN yet, so I'm only aiming for ~20. Can't buy it during the sale since stupid online store doesn't accept my card type. =.=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Even harder when your main character gets deleted and your money gets sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter