What do you guys feel about the Old Design Logo?; Old Logo

When I first saw that logo 4 years ago I felt; "Wow, this is going to make a huge change". I didn't even played WoW back then, many things have changed in the past 3-4 years. And the release is coming closer and closer. (Yes I'm aware of the closed Beta and open Beta, I played Guild Wars 2 twice at Gamescom 2010/2011).

Although I love the current logo. The old logo would as the cover you would see on the actual game. While the current logo should be used a small logo outside of the game for promotional purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the new logo conveys GW2's artistic style a lot better than the old logo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's a fact that you will get better performance buying a midrage of each rather than a highend laptop only.
    The comparison was between a 1400€ laptop and a 700€ laptop+700€ desktop. And well, you can't get a desktop PC with keyboard, mouse and monitor for 700€ that would beat 1400€ gaming laptop. So yes, you'd get more bang for the back just going for the 1400€ laptop.

EDIT: I just browsed this one Finnish website quickly. Well, an Acer Aspire M3920 desktop PC sells for 700€, sports Intel Core i5-2300 non-HT, 4-cores, and 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz and an nVidia GT440 1.5 GB. No screen, no peripherals.

A 1400€ laptop from the same place would be Asus G74SX: Intel Core i7 2630QM, 4-core hyper-threaded, 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz and NVIDIA GTX 560 3 GB. Includes 17.3" FullHD (1920x1080) screen and a keyboard.

Quite a clear win for the laptop.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    It looks really crappy at low resolution, and at high resolution you could do much better ones. So yeah, I don't like it. The current one is better.
    Last edited by mmoc3b091e0ba3; 2011-09-19 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    it's too slow to actually use them for anything, since it can't actually play games at max resolution (full hd) with decent framerates.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.48313.0.html benchmarks begs to disagree with you.

So, show me a desktop for 700€ that includes an optical drive, a HDD, case, PSU, a comparable CPU and GPU, 8Gb 1333Mhz RAM and a keyboard and a monitor. Mouse can be omitted since that has to be bought for a laptop too anyways, no one sane plays with a touchpad.

Deleted
    Sure you can, remember both the video card and cpu's in laptops are weaker than the same named in a stationary which means you can get equally good parts for a pretty low price.

But list me a 1400€ gaming laptop and I'll match it

EDIT: A good example is what you listed above, the GPU in the mobile (GTX560M) is only marginally faster than the one in the desktop, and it has 3GB which is just a gimmick since it's too slow to actually use them for anything, since it can't actually play games at max resolution (full hd) with decent framerates.
    dunno, but if u buy a gaming laptop build for gaming, these parts are optimized to support each other to get the best performance from it. Atleast its like that for me, and its not a high end laptop im using. well laptops do cost more, i can agree with that ofcourse.
    currently im using a gtx260m, and its overall doing totally fine. crysis 2 high settings(if this is saying anything lol) and other games are completely fine, too. wow max settings and so on. i think it will run gw2 very well, atleast at mid settings.

btw i have a nice example for this anyway. at the time i bought my laptop a friend of mine bought his stationary pc. we got almost the exact same parts (if this is possible). gtx260, ram, cpu and so on. and im always comparing these 2 at games. with the pc you get better fps, but for me it was never rly noticable, cause at 30 fps the game runs smooth and you cant make a difference between 30 and 40+. atleats i cant with my eyes in mmos the pc is always better if it comes to large grp of players fighting and so on. anyway back to gw2 talk

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    The comparison was between a 1400€ laptop and a 700€ laptop+700€ desktop. And well, you can't get a desktop PC with keyboard, mouse and monitor for 700€ that would beat 1400€ gaming laptop. So yes, you'd get more bang for the back just going for the 1400€ laptop.

EDIT: I just browsed this one Finnish website quickly. Well, an Acer Aspire M3920 desktop PC sells for 700€, sports Intel Core i5-2300 non-HT, 4-cores, and 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz and an nVidia GT440 1.5 GB. No screen, no peripherals.

A 1400€ laptop from the same place would be Asus G74SX: Intel Core i7 2630QM, 4-core hyper-threaded, 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz and NVIDIA GTX 560 3 GB. Includes 17.3" FullHD (1920x1080) screen and a keyboard.

Quite a clear win for the laptop.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 01:52 PM ----------

It looks really crappy at low resolution, and at high resolution you could do much better ones. So yeah, I don't like it. The current one is better.
    A Desktop PC would most likely only win the contest if you buy all parts yourself, from the cheapest sources. Granted, assuming the mentioned situation of desktop + laptop or just laptop, especially in the lower cost segment, you'll find more value for your money in laptops. This changes when you start talking about €1000Desktop + €1000laptop vs a 2000€ laptop. I personally also do not regard a screen, mouse or keyboard as part of the deal, because buying one or two quality screens can last you 6 years without replacement. Especially today, where it's mostly about ECO products and size and less about screen quality, which has sort of reached it's potential.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a quick channel update.

I've had to delete some of my episodes from my main channel, but I've reuploaded them to a new channel. It's called TubeElephantHD!
    So if you still want to see those episodes explaining the Guild Wars 2 features, that's where you can check it out!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TubeElephant View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a quick channel update.

I've had to delete some of my episodes from my main channel, but I've reuploaded them to a new channel. It's called TubeElephantHD!
    So if you still want to see those episodes explaining the Guild Wars 2 features, that's where you can check it out!

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    thx for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    A Desktop PC would most likely only win the contest if you buy all parts yourself, from the cheapest sources. Granted, assuming the mentioned situation of desktop + laptop or just laptop, especially in the lower cost segment, you'll find more value for your money in laptops. This changes when you start talking about €1000Desktop + €1000laptop vs a 2000€ laptop. I personally also do not regard a screen, mouse or keyboard as part of the deal, because buying one or two quality screens can last you 6 years without replacement. Especially today, where it's mostly about ECO products and size and less about screen quality, which has sort of reached it's potential.
    This. Plus, the desktop can be upgraded as your budget allows...with a laptop you're kind of just stuck with it. However, if someone prefers a laptop because they travel a lot then there are some nice MSi, Sager and ASUS gaming laptops out there.

^nice avatar, I'll be listening to Celtic Frost while playing this game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    idk what it is about the old logo but it reminds me of something an archaeologist would excavate, it has that Turok the Dinosaur Hunter/Jurassic Park vibe to it. i much prefer the new logo and the sound file attached to it fits perfectly to me.

as far as laptop vs desktop. it comes down to which options mean more to you; the option to take high quality gaming everywhere with you or the option to have a higher quality gaming experience (better graphics, screens, 3D) but one limited by location.

Gaming Laptop
    Gaming Desktop

and yes i know you guys were arguing the merits of a gaming laptop vs a medium laptop + desktop but i don't like compromising, i either get one or the other or both.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

There's some new official posts about the Beta. The devs aren't denying closed beta being available in November, but they aren't confirming it either. We'll be flooded with new info before the end of the year, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I can't say I have encountered the lag you speak of in WG or northrend..
    Select all that apply:
    A) started playing WoW after patch 3.2
    B) play on a dead server
    C) play at extremely off-peak hours
    D) have an awful connection and constant terrible lag is the norm
    E) lying
    F) stupid

Loading screens may seem like a step back, but aren't immersion breaking thanks to waypoints and the fact that you'll hardly ever use them. Waypoints fit perfectly into the idea behind this game -- no afking for 10 minutes to fly to the other side of the world when you could be having fun actually playing the game. Sorry, but your arguments against these things are nothing short of dumb and nitpicky.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    No, it isn't. It's completely different. They started around the same time with their MMOs. I don't want them to be Blizzard or resemble them in any way. There is no way that turns out positive.
    That's a pretty stupid thing to say considering (objectively) how great and well-managed a game WoW was and continues to be. There's a reason WoW is so popular (and as a result so bashed on) and it's thanks to Blizzard. That kind of comment just tells me that you're someone who QQ's about how awful Blizzard is because you don't personally agree with their decisions. ANet has the same kind of mindset and level of passion for their games that Blizzard did years ago, covering your ears and screaming that it isn't true won't change that.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-09-19 at 04:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

When I first saw that logo 4 years ago I felt; "Wow, this is going to make a huge change". I didn't even played WoW back then, many things have changed in the past 3-4 years. And the release is coming closer and closer. (Yes I'm aware of the closed Beta and open Beta, I played Guild Wars 2 twice at Gamescom 2010/2011).

Although I love the current logo. The old logo would as the cover you would see on the actual game. While the current logo should be used a small logo outside of the game for promotional purposes.
    I prefer the newer logo. It fits the art style of GW2 a lot better. The old one just isn't... inspiring enough.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

There's a pretty interesting discussion going on at GW2Guru about bots in PvP. A neat side effect of the stat standardization in PvP is that there's very little reason for people to bot, making the AFK mooching much less viable in GW2. Players may even have to take points, kill other players in WvWvW, etc. in order to get credit, with little or no rewards given to those that didn't participate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    There's some new official posts about the Beta. The devs aren't denying closed beta being available in November, but they aren't confirming it either. We'll be flooded with new info before the end of the year, for sure.
    a guy i know from wow said he got a beta invite so i called him a liar.... might have spoke too soon. he's either lucky or well connected because he played bc wotlk cata and swtor betas.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

The posts in this thread... they're over 9000!

I was planning on playing SWTOR as my new MMO, but I am rapidly converting to GW2. Going to be interested to see how the endgame content is, and whether enough content can be pushed out without a monthly fee. I am currently playing RIFT and Trion spoil their players rotten when it comes to endgame content, and I've sorta gotten used to that. Hope ArenaNet can do great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Tarien, what do you consider to be endgame content? Cause GW2 is way different than Rift/WoW/TOR in this regard. I'll let some of the experts carry the conversation from here. It will be fun, no doubt, but maybe not exactly what you are expecting.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The posts in this thread... they're over 9000!

I was planning on playing SWTOR as my new MMO, but I am rapidly converting to GW2. Going to be interested to see how the endgame content is, and whether enough content can be pushed out without a monthly fee. I am currently playing RIFT and Trion spoil their players rotten when it comes to endgame content, and I've sorta gotten used to that. Hope ArenaNet can do great things.
    Honestly, GW2 won't be coming out for at least 6 months. Plus it's F2P, there's no reason you have to pick one or the other. I certainly intend to play both, I hate having only ONE game to play at any given time.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.