Wink Moonkin Wild Mushroom Help

Hello all,
    I just started play WoW again 4 weeks ago. Started with dungeons and Heroics. Now I just run ZA and ZG mostly (No raids or os ) Can you just pls help me in HCs or in world ... where is the best place to use Mushrooms ? Or are they really that good for AOEs ? Coz its take some time to put them in some encounters

Thanks for any advices and help - I am just trying to figure how to play Moonkin now

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild Mushrooms are the bomb for any AoE situation, literally. it takes 3 GCDs to place them down, and you get the 8% spell damage on all targets for using them, and they deal a ton of damage in solar eclipse. A good way to generate a ton of damage in an AoE fight that lasts a while is WMx3 on CD, use Sunfire every 2 spells (Spell, Spell, Sunfire) and Insect swarm as filler. I generally dont have a free GCD until there is only 1-2 mobs left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    If there is a boss fight, i would only really bother putting them down before the fight starts and detonate them some time during the fight when you are in solar eclipse.

If you want to do maximum aoe dps, then it is (just) to stay in solar eclipse (works best without the Lunar Shower talent) and put dots up on mobs if they take ~15seconds to die while detonating 3 mushrooms in the group of mobs everytime the detonate comes off cooldown, so place the 3 mushrooms when detonate is on cooldown and then dot some mobs up while waiting for it to come off cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't take 3 standard GCDs to place mushrooms, their GCD is A LOT faster than the standard ones (I think the mushroom gcd is 0.5 seconds or something like that)

edit: it's 1 second.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-10-08 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It doesn't take 3 standard GCDs to place mushrooms, their GCD is A LOT faster than the standard ones (I think the mushroom gcd is 0.5 seconds or something like that)
    Nope, their GCD is the same as the "standard ones"

15+ Year Old Account
    I also like using WeakAuras (or you can use PowerAuras) to track the Fire/Air/Water totems, all named 'Wild Mushroom'. This gives me a visual indicator of how many I have down. With the GCD, etc, sometimes I miss actually getting a 3rd one down and this is a great reminder.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I also felt kind of baffled by wild mushrooms when I first dinged, now that I think about it. I felt really weird standing there not casting spells for 3 GCDs, and it took a while to realize how much damage they are capable of.

I use mushrooms any time there are at least 3 mobs. You can place them before the fight without aggroing anything, but in LFD be careful that you don't immediately pull off the tank when you detonate. I'll also use them if I have to be mobile and don't need to refresh IS and it is inconvenient to spam SF (to not leave eclipse, for example). If you have fungal growth, they also help with kiting, just place the mushrooms along the kite path.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I also felt kind of baffled by wild mushrooms when I first dinged, now that I think about it. I felt really weird standing there not casting spells for 3 GCDs, and it took a while to realize how much damage they are capable of.

I use mushrooms any time there are at least 3 mobs. You can place them before the fight without aggroing anything, but in LFD be careful that you don't immediately pull off the tank when you detonate. I'll also use them if I have to be mobile and don't need to refresh IS and it is inconvenient to spam SF (to not leave eclipse, for example). If you have fungal growth, they also help with kiting, just place the mushrooms along the kite path.
    There IS one place that you can aggro with them. I found out the hard way. . Be careful not to 'pre-drop' them on the stealth lynx packs in Zul'Aman, because they will pop out of stealth and attack you.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2011-10-07 at 08:16 PM.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    There IS one place that you can aggro with them. I found out the hard way. . Be careful not to 'pre-drop' them on the stealth lynx packs in Zul'Gurub, because they will pop out of stealth and attack you.
    You mean Zul'Aman? Mushrooms also will aggro any of the mobs on your way to the bear boss. Like on that first pull where the 3 mobs jump down if they havent even jumped down yet because you're standing off to the side but try to pre-shroom it'll make that pack jump down then aggro onto you >_> it hurts.

I'm glad its a strong spell because its pretty cool

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    You mean Zul'Aman? Mushrooms also will aggro any of the mobs on your way to the bear boss. Like on that first pull where the 3 mobs jump down if they havent even jumped down yet because you're standing off to the side but try to pre-shroom it'll make that pack jump down then aggro onto you >_> it hurts.
    Yeah I guess that is ZA, isn't it. It's one of those stupid troll instances.

I never realized before that most people don't understand what the Trolls are saying. I always understood it when I played my Troll.. then I went Worgen, and it's all gibberish.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Would also like to point out it is the best spell on the move if you can set them properly without wasting GCDs (even on single targets), an alternative to lunar shower, if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Would also like to point out it is the best spell on the move if you can set them properly without wasting GCDs (even on single targets), an alternative to lunar shower, if you will.
    ^ this
    10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogrum View Post
    Nope, their GCD is the same as the "standard ones"
    I guess it has been changed then, I haven't played balance for a very, very long time.

Edit: GCD appears to be 1 second, so it's not a standard length GCD.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88747
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-10-08 at 03:25 AM.

Protip: If possible, binding Wild Mushroom to a mouse button helps a ton in placing them quickly, and while on the move. I have a Razer Lachesis and bind mine to the button on top on the left (where my thumb rests) and I can whip out shrooms like a wild west quick draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com