Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ancestorTOR View Post
    This has a lot of merit. I'm in the beta and I sort of wish I wasn't. Some of the majesty has been ruined for me; I won't be experiencing new things with my guild. I'll be the guy they turn to when they need help getting through something. I sorta wish that I could learn all about those cool things with them on launch day ...

... but I ain't tradin' in my beta FOR NUTHIN'.

LOL well hopefully its only 1 class your doing. then its not ALL ruined for you and keep that beta going man have a blast. BTW what server you gonna be on when release goes up i could use a tour guide lol.
    MAN i wish i got my beta chance

LOL well hopefully its only 1 class your doing. then its not ALL ruined for you and keep that beta going man have a blast. BTW what server you gonna be on when release goes up i could use a tour guide lol.
    MAN i wish i got my beta chance

There was a post awhile back that bio-ware said that they want everyone to eventually be invite so im not stressing waiting for a beta invite plus I don't really care I don't wanna go though withdrawal lol for the last 56 days.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

I also think an early weekend invite must be cruel

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Urahara View Post
    I don't wanna go though withdrawal lol for the last 56 days.
    I thought it was bad when I was just waiting for the game to come out, but after playing for a few weeks in the Beta I'm completely addicted. Been TOR-free for 3 days now while waiting for the new build, and the withdrawal is KILLING ME!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    I thought it was bad when I was just waiting for the game to come out, but after playing for a few weeks in the Beta I'm completely addicted. Been TOR-free for 3 days now while waiting for the new build, and the withdrawal is KILLING ME!
    Amen, brother, amen. I keep checking the testing forums like a crack addict at the methadone clinic. "Man, can I get my fix yet man? Man, c'mon man, you know I'm good for it man! This'll be the last one, I promise! C'MON MAN! HELP A WOOKIEE OUT!"
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Bigger beta invites incoming

http://investor.ea.com/events.cfm?li...ed,Future,Past
    <Prepared comments PDF>
    Oct 27, 2011

Next, our biggest event of the year, the December 20th launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    This is inarguably the most anticipated game of the year, an epic MMO that makes each player
    the hero of their own Star Wars saga. The Old Republic is in Beta right now and players are
    blown away by the immersive story, dynamic combat and authentic Star Wars feel. In the
    coming weeks we‟ll invite hundreds of thousands of players into our biggest Beta test to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    In the coming weeks we‟ll invite hundreds of thousands of players into our biggest Beta test to date.
    I hope this will include atleast a portion of Australian testers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    I hope this will include atleast a portion of Australian testers.
    I thought that some Aussie testers have been invited already. Granted I'm sure more would be welcome, and help test latency to the "Official" Australian servers.

There will likely not ever be an open beta. ATM, permanent testers are likely ~ 1% of the total amount of people who signed up to test, with beta weekends inviting an additional ~4% for a few days.

Most people won't ever get in to the tests.

Apparently everyone saw/heard about the beta announcement(s) at NYCC or wherever they announced it..having a hard time remembering where it was right now. Anyways, the speaker said something along the lines of "If you're not in beta yet you'll be getting in very soon." And that was a stretch of the truth. Not everyone will get into beta. It's a test...and as such you don't include the entire testing focus. Just a few here and a few there.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    In the coming weeks we‟ll invite hundreds of thousands of players into our biggest Beta test to date.
    This is probably their way of having "open" beta. They send out invites to everyone who have applied for it and then still have NDA so people cant spoil the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This is probably their way of having "open" beta. They send out invites to everyone who have applied for it and then still have NDA so people cant spoil the story.
    No, they stated multiple times that there will not be an open beta and they definitely won't be "inviting everyone who applied". If the new build is deployed next week then I expect that they will start inviting more and more people in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    No, they stated multiple times that there will not be an open beta and they definitely won't be "inviting everyone who applied". If the new build is deployed next week then I expect that they will start inviting more and more people in the coming weeks.
    But they have stated that "almost" everyone who have applied will get invited. And if you read what I wrote then I mean that it will still be closed but since almost everyone who applied will be invited it will be a form of open beta.

But they have stated that "almost" everyone who have applied will get invited. And if you read what I wrote then I mean that it will still be closed but since almost everyone who applied will be invited it will be a form of open beta.
    I was under the impression that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Reid View Post
    While the number of those invited will increase over time and while we plan to invite as many people as possible who are signed up for Game Testing to test, there are no guarantees that everyone who applies will be invited.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta, it's supposed to be stress tests, prolly to see what the server caps will be. I miss being in beta... hopefully the new build is this coming week.