Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Elementalists have "Healing Rain"
    They also have the ability to summon weapons, which is a bit similar to Shamans and their weapon enchantments. A bit.
    I'm also sure there are more similarities than that (like some sort of chain-lightning possibly).

Anyhow, the point was that he was looking for a class that's similar to a shaman, and Elementalist is the one that's getting the closest to it - nobody said it's a "perfect" fit.
    Elementalists conjouring weapons is NOTHING i repeat NOTHING like any system wow has...you conjour a weapon (or multiple) that you and/or allies can pick up and changes the first 5 skills on your skill bar...

All in all shaman is more to mage then it is to shaman, -but- if you want to be a caster (like elem) go elementalist, if you want to go enhance, go guardian, if you want to be resto, you're in the wrong game
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uu
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    On conjured weapons, read ^.

Spells the elementalist have that could relate to WoW shaman:

Geyser (Same as Healing Rain
    Healing Rain (Same as Geyser)
    Chain Lightning
    Lightning Strike (Only because its Lightning)
    Earthquake (Only because it's earthquake from WoW, which existed in GW before it did in WoW)
    Well geyser is nothing like healing rain seeing as how geyser damages enemies that stand near it, where healing rain seems to be purely supportive...

Edit: took out part of post involving ranting on a misread
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2011-10-27 at 05:13 PM.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Guardian is like enhance, magical melee attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikki View Post
    Guardian is like enhance, magical melee attacks.
    Guardian is more like Paladin or DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Elementalists are quite like shamans, but more like a mage. A sorcerer type class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question. Why is this thread still going?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's already been said: Elementalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I know it's already been said: Elementalist.
    But it isn't. Its a mage that isn't restricted to Fire, Frost and Arcane damage.

Deleted
    I agree with Blznsmri this thread doesn't really need to be continued because the GW2 classes have very few similarities with the classes of WoW because of the different skills with different weapons and the fact melee can use ranged weapons to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Oh, I didn't read lower on the Wiki when I was looking through it for the spells. Anyways, it just helps my point.
    It actually isn't on the wiki (at least last i checked) however i've heard several times from devs in interviews, and from people that have played the game

I honestly don't think that there will be a "shaman-like" class in GW2. The only thing I can see being anywhere near it is Elementalist though they lack the totems. :/ Totems make a Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It actually isn't on the wiki (at least last i checked) however i've heard several times from devs in interviews, and from people that have played the game
    Its on the wiki under the notes section.

Though I'd like to start a petition to have this thread closed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Making horrible comparisons like that, is exactly what GW2 doesn't need. WoW classes are so plain and flavourless compared to any of the GW2 professions.

Hunter maybe like a Ranger, but Ranger has a hell of alot more cool stuff, Hunters have what 2 melee abilities, the Ranger has weapon sets dedicated to melee, so you're not limited to range.

Warlock = Necro - Umm.. no.

Guardian = Paladim, again.. no.

WoW mindsets do not fit into the GW2 world like they do to MMOs that are the same as WoW.

No profession in GW2 feels like anything in WoW.
    Fan boy much?

Saying World of Warcraft classes are flavourless is wrong seeing as there will be influences from them in your GW2 classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenano View Post
    Saying World of Warcraft classes are flavourless is wrong seeing as there will be influences from them in your GW2 classes
    Actually, the only thing that will influence the Guild Wars 2 professions are the Guild Wars 1 professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Its on the wiki under the notes section.

Though I'd like to start a petition to have this thread closed...
    I have to agree, we're just beating a dead horse at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Joenano View Post
    Fan boy much?

What influences? What has mostly influenced GW2 professions is...Guild Wars.

Deleted
    why do shamans use elements in the first place ? if u use elements u r an elementalist not a shaman... for the totem thing in my opinion the enginieer would be more like a shaman. at least as what i know about "real" shamans are that they comunicate with spirits of dead people and kinda heal some sickness and stuff more to do with nature than elements, ye they can have some sort of totems in that way but seriously calling a element shaman thats ridiculous. Elementalist use elements. there is no such a kind of a shaman in guild wars change ur mind and read about some profesion and if u like any get that one.. forget wow and ull be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    why do shamans use elements in the first place ? if u use elements u r an elementalist not a shaman... for the totem thing in my opinion the enginieer would be more like a shaman. at least as what i know about "real" shamans are that they comunicate with spirits of dead people and kinda heal some sickness and stuff more to do with nature than elements, ye they can have some sort of totems in that way but seriously calling a element shaman thats ridiculous. Elementalist use elements. there is no such a kind of a shaman in guild wars change ur mind and read about some profesion and if u like any get that one.. forget wow and ull be happy
    Shamans in Warcraft lore commune with the spirits of elements and nature in order to request favors from them. There's no restrictions in how you are allowed to display a "shaman" in a video game