Thread: Dark Soul

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Are you trying to say it is that way right now, is that what you think it will be or are you just pulling stuff out of your posterior?
    Elaborate, please.
    last one definitly.
    DF does not simply decerace with time, it is apparently spend like mana, since some spells have a df coast. wich is awsomne since you dont just waste your meta should you need to run out of fire the moment you aktivate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post
    last one definitly.
    DF does not simply decerace with time, it is apparently spend like mana, since some spells have a df coast. wich is awsomne since you dont just waste your meta should you need to run out of fire the moment you aktivate it.
    Yet what is to stop someone popping into meta and then not casting anything which consumes DF ?
    Such as for flag carrying in pvp.
    There has to be an artificial limiter to the duration. It will not be maintained indefinately, and so a decay sounds perfectly reasonable.

It could also make you drop the flag, like some other skills do.

It could also make you drop the flag, like some other skills do.
    That would just be retarded. Complete immunity skills drop flag. Meta however shouldn't. As ComputerNerd said, it will decay over time. And if this gives us a plus in PvP, why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love dark soul allready, but I dont like the passive part beeing inactive while it's on cooldown.
    Might aswell not have the passive there at all then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yet what is to stop someone popping into meta and then not casting anything which consumes DF ?
    Such as for flag carrying in pvp.
    There has to be an artificial limiter to the duration. It will not be maintained indefinately, and so a decay sounds perfectly reasonable.
    There is a decay while in Meta, who said there isn't?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I really like the whole deciding between passive damage and a cool down.
    Me too, actually.

I like the whole "you have a passive increase, with the ablility to hit the turbo button for burst moments" design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post
    last one definitly.
    And source for this? The fact the Devs said themselves during the Q&A that Fury will determine the duration of Meta kinda implies there is a decay. It's all conjecture at the moment, but it doesn't take much leap of logic to reach that conclusion based on the fact that Rage, Holy Power, and Runic Power all operate in a similar sort of manner as described.

---------- Post added 2012-02-18 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Agreed. Although I think the Felguard should have more meaning than a simple AoE pet. Pet swapping in PvE is quite retarded, unlike pet swapping in PvP which is really awesome (in Demo and Destro). You actually swap around based on the situation. For example:
    You're fighting against a healer with interrupt immunity, so you quickly switch to Felguard or Succubus in order to stun/bump the healer, thus preventing him from casting when his anti-interrupt is active.

Another scenario is when you want to go into defensive formation and choose the succubus or imp to control 2 targets at a time or dispel an ally that is hindered by a magical effect (Unstable Affliction, Poly/Fear/Freezing Trap, Strangulate).

Now that is what I call pet swapping, and it should be the case in PvE.
    This is an issue for encounter, rather than class designers to deal with. When we were progressing with Rag I'd use FH for DPS in P1, hard switch to Felguard for the stun and burst on the seeds and be ready to pop Succubus for Whiplash in case any more got away from their assigns. Opportunities are certainly there, but as ComputerNerd says, there's normally (certainly in a 25 man setting) someone better for the job. Gotta say though I loved T11 for the number of opportunities to switch based on phase; Halfus and Chimaeron AoEing P1, then single target nukes at P2; it'd be nice to do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    we may not get to build fury while in meta
    Exactly. My theory is that you build up however much DF and then pop meta, with the amount of DF you have determining the duration. In meta, you are able to spend the DF you had saved up, with whatever is left over being wiped out after meta ends.

Sort of like a "Okay, all of these spells are making you kind of angry. OH GOD NOW YOU'RE A DEMON. YOU'RE SO MAD YOU'RE JUST CASTING ALL THESE AWESOME THINGS LEFT AND RIGHT. Okay you're calm, let's get raging again."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    Exactly. My theory is that you build up however much DF and then pop meta, with the amount of DF you have determining the duration. In meta, you are able to spend the DF you had saved up, with whatever is left over being wiped out after meta ends.

Sort of like a "Okay, all of these spells are making you kind of angry. OH GOD NOW YOU'RE A DEMON. YOU'RE SO MAD YOU'RE JUST CASTING ALL THESE AWESOME THINGS LEFT AND RIGHT. Okay you're calm, let's get raging again."
    Ya son, purple fire all over the place
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I've wonder why nobody noticed the BIG buff to destro (even if it's on one skill)... Destro's Dark Soul gives you 30% crit chance... Soulfire damage builds up with %crit chance, and burning (or unstable w/e) embers adding up damage to SF... that is a big one-shot macro <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jo7e View Post
    I've wonder why nobody noticed the BIG buff to destro (even if it's on one skill)... Destro's Dark Soul gives you 30% crit chance... Soulfire damage builds up with %crit chance, and burning (or unstable w/e) embers adding up damage to SF... that is a big one-shot macro <3
    But being reliant on the build up, just like arcane mages.
    It is not something you can do without prior preparation.
    Embers are not there until you do something to gain them.

I'll just sit here and wait for the first Destro lock to accidentally burn himself to death.

I'll just sit here and wait for the first Destro lock to accidentally burn himself to death.
    I am assuming as stated in previous posts that embers will burn themselves out.
    However it is possible that on low health and without a dump that you could kill yourself.
    Considering the history of hellfire then it would not surprise me.

Chimaeron. Baloroc.

It might be a lot easier than you think.

Are you trying to say it is that way right now, is that what you think it will be or are you just pulling stuff out of your posterior?
    Elaborate, please.
    I'll let you believe whatever you like.

The crit one seem lame to anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whuknose View Post
    The crit one seem lame to anyone else?
    Nope. Soul Fire damage is based on Crit. It's Crit % too, rather than rating so even if stat weightings weren't to favour crit as Destro (we have no idea what weightings will be), it doesn't matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Nope. Soul Fire damage is based on Crit. It's Crit % too, rather than rating so even if stat weightings weren't to favour crit as Destro (we have no idea what weightings will be), it doesn't matter anyway.
    Without bothering to double check this, you get twice the eternal embers off a crit, right? That should make crit pretty good for Destro I would think.

dat added bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Without bothering to double check this, you get twice the eternal embers off a crit, right? That should make crit pretty good for Destro I would think.

dat added bonus
    Eternal ember? What's that? About getting twice for a crit, we don't know that yet. There is no reliable source WHATSOEVER. All we've received is a couple of sentences from a poster on these forums, without backing up what he said. I'm not saying that what he's writing isn't true, but it just isn't proven.

Also, anybody notice the difference between Burning Embers and UNSTABLE Embers?