Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can't wait to go explore with my irl friends! Brings me back good memories from Vanilla WoW, when people used to walljump to explore the unexplored. ;3
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be an explorer like you, but then I… I.. I dunno. Still gonna be an explorer! Explore all the places!

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Can't wait to go explore with my irl friends! Brings me back good memories from Vanilla WoW, when people used to walljump to explore the unexplored. ;3
    Yeah I did that with my friends too. I remember getting into caverns of time, and hyja, and finding newmans landing. My favorite one was the tauren village off the coast of desolace though.

Looks amazing. I never understood why modern MMOs haven't taken more from adventure games. Puzzle/Platforming dungeons are a perfect way to design solo content.

Deleted
    Looks fantastic, it's far exceeding my expectations for exploration

The problem is that platforming in MMOs is always clunky as hell. You can see that even in this video. Rift had a lot of 'climbing' challenges as well to find hidden treasure and such, many of them were frustrating due to the fact that MMO engines are just not built for platforming. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    The problem is that platforming in MMOs is always clunky as hell. You can see that even in this video. Rift had a lot of 'climbing' challenges as well to find hidden treasure and such, many of them were frustrating due to the fact that MMO engines are just not built for platforming. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
    Cautiously optimistic as well. I liked that it looked like there is an a bit of an automatic ledge grabbing system in place though, helping it to feel at least a LITTLE bit less floaty.

I also really hope that they are being totally honest when they say that they've really been trying to do these kinds of hidden things EVERYWHERE. I'd be terribly disappointed if it was like, a grand total of maybe 20-30 or so hidden things all over the world. ): Call me whiny or asking too much, I just love the idea of hidden content.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks fascinating and so beautiful. I also wonder how many of these hidden places are there.

Deleted
    It'll be so cool to do that stuff^^ Really stoked about it. As other noted, platforming is not really made for mmo's, but still, who didn't wallclimb and stuff in WoW

Furthermore, I see possibilities here to actually race my friends to the top! It'll be hectic and insanely annoying with all the falling, but I'm also pretty sure it'll be hilarious;>

Platforming in MMOs is often clunky, but I am happy it is in this game. It is something that I'd like to see more of in MMOs and the only way to make it better is by experimenting with it. As Khaza-R said, also gives a lot of good options for dungeons as well. Would love to see a platforming hallway lead up to an optional boss in a dungeon. You could do a lot with timers. Maybe crystals you have to hit and extend platforms for 20 seconds, then the crystal respawns. Think Zelda Ocarina of Time almost.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

I like this very much.

Deleted
    Before jumping on the wagon and saying that this is the best thing since sliced bread, i will wait til it comes out and has been out for a few months before properly assesing how this game is.

I clearly remember the same comments popping up on rift threads aswell, and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    Before jumping on the wagon and saying that this is the best thing since sliced bread, i will wait til it comes out and has been out for a few months before properly assesing how this game is.

I clearly remember the same comments popping up on rift threads aswell, and well...
    As do I. It'll all be in how well they manage to implement it, but with the scenery as gorgeous as it is, I think it'll win out. A lot of the 'hidden exploration' in Rift is running into out of the way places, or up onto fairly unremarkable mountaintops that didn't offer much in the way of interesting areas, sadly.

/savecheck

this is gonna be fun )

even if i dont do things like this offen i love the possibility to do so..

neeeeed <3

i want this game sooo bad just like i wanted classic wow back in the good ol times (i was so happy when i got in closed beta for wow 8 years ago xD hope it happens for gw2 too ;D)

Deleted
    Need to stop reading the title of this thread as "An MMO finally made for internet explorer"
    Doing it every time! Hit my head someone :P

Deleted
    Clearly wow killer.

Don't start the "wow killer" stuff in these forums. This is an official warning. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-23 at 08:38 PM.

I love the fact that some of these platforming/exploration challenges will actually have traps to avoid and other such goodies. I can already imagine the frustration after spending 10 minutes to get to a certain point and then falling to my death or being knocked off by some random thing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry to say, this looks awful. Never been able to find any joy out of hopping/climbing from spot to spot to get from location a to location b.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Im sorry to say, this looks awful. Never been able to find any joy out of hopping/climbing from spot to spot to get from location a to location b.
    Good thing there's so much else to do in game as well =)