Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    One of the neat things about this is the utility. For instance, let's say you're a guardian druid and the only combat rez in a 10 man. You give Rebirth to a Holy Paladin, which is nice since they can cast it and you don't have to worry about a clutch rebirth while tanking.

You wipe, and you just happen to have a second holy paladin in the group. Could you change the symbiosis to that paladin and reset a combat rez cooldown?

Obviously can't test this yet, but something to look at when we can. Since you could probably drop combat fairly often in RBGs, it'd be interesting to see how this works. I could see this also being abused with tranquility and disc priests in a 25man, between wipes.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    You wipe, and you just happen to have a second holy paladin in the group. Could you change the symbiosis to that paladin and reset a combat rez cooldown?
    To my understanding, the cooldown belongs to the casting player. If you give Symbiosis to HolyPaladinA, they use Rebirth, you wipe, you give it to HolyPaladinB...HolyPaladinB may use Rebirth. If you give Symbiosis back to HolyPaladinA before the 10min cooldown is up, HolyPaladinA may not use until the cooldown finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    There is no way that anyone else in raid will get my symbiosis but dk
    Till the Priest bitches they want to pop Tranq...

Deleted
    After doing a bit more in-depth investigation im now convinced that holy and disc priests will both get tranquility, and not wild growth. If you look at the spell id of the supposed wild growth symbiosis, it's in the 50000 range instead of in the 110000 range like all other symbiosis spells. And second, all symbiosis spells given to other classes have the rank "symbiosis" and this wild growth doesnt. Third, blues said that other classes will get a spell per combat role, and disc/holy have the same combat role.

Another change i would like to suggest: the symbiosis entangling roots cost mana, so it doesnt make sense that a DK would get that. Rather, i think the resto-monk will get entangling roots, and blood dks will get barkskin.

It might even make more sense if blood dks would get survival instincts, and rogues barkskin.

Also the facts that most tank symbiosis' seem to be exchanging 3minute cooldowns: Warrior - Frenzied Regen, Paladin: Might of Ursoc, Monk: Growl (3min cd version). So having the last 3min cd (SI) go to the DK makes sense this way.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-03-24 at 01:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    After doing a bit more in-depth investigation im now convinced that holy and disc priests will both get tranquility, and not wild growth. If you look at the spell id of the supposed wild growth symbiosis, it's in the 50000 range instead of in the 110000 range like all other symbiosis spells. And second, all symbiosis spells given to other classes have the rank "symbiosis" and this wild growth doesnt. Third, blues said that other classes will get a spell per combat role, and disc/holy have the same combat role.

Another change i would like to suggest: the symbiosis entangling roots cost mana, so it doesnt make sense that a DK would get that. Rather, i think the resto-monk will get entangling roots, and blood dks will get barkskin.

It might even make more sense if blood dks would get survival instincts, and rogues barkskin.
    Casting Wild Mushroom costs mana, too, but Death Knights are getting it. We're also getting Chains of Ice, apparently, but don't have frost runes. It's logical they will revamp the resource costs.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Wild Mushroom: Plague doesn't cost mana tho.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    However, you don´t get worse by GETTING an ability.
    It depends from what you are expecting from this talent, from a balance point of view for me it is the last hope to view some sort of consideration, because it is clearly the way in which blizzard thinks to remove some of our flaws, so they let you choose between the abilities you may need.
    And it is not the a good way to fix the situation, but if it will works it can be a start.
    Even if I know that the informations we have are mostly datamined, the situation doesn't seems so good for balance, because if the list is like this one, Balance is the only specs who will get the crappy skills (the only one useful is Recklessness, because it fills a need, even if it is a long cd and it could be dangerous, meanwhile in a pvp prospective you get nothing).

Deleted
    Updated the first post with an updated list of abilities gained.

Not sure if it's just me, but Shaman wise, I think resto should get something else and Enha should get Prowl, it just makes more sense.

Also thank you Mihir, it looks so much better now ^^
    Last edited by Manu9; 2012-03-24 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    So on Affiniti's live stream they were talking about Symbiosis probably not making it to Live (And apparently that is also an official internal answer from Bliz, it won't make it live)

Make other healers insanely OP, stopping inc damage, CDs.....give Rdruids nothing other than throughput (Then nerf their throughput) lol.

Will be BS if it doesn't go live, if Bliz won't give us CDs, we need to take SaC etc from other healers instead.
    Try not to take what I said literally. I mentioned that Blizz will more than likely nerf it, some discussion was mentioned about "Dark Intent too much of a pain, lets remove it" and that being translated to Symbiosis (if you think about it, it's weird to axe Dark Intent and then hand out a complicated spell like this). I mentioned (Personal opinion) that it may not make it to live (early iteration of beta, things subject to change A LOT, etc) but that was based on the Dark Intent topic, and my opinion; not based off of fact or "insider information".

At any rate, if it was known that blizzard was to remove the spell, I'm pretty sure they would have done it by now

Noticed a spell called wrath shield in the database. possibly a druid equivalent of lightning shield? (wont let me post links yet)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cromotara View Post
    Noticed a spell called wrath shield in the database. possibly a druid equivalent of lightning shield? (wont let me post links yet)
    Yep, that's been mentioned. It's a guardian ability from symbiosis.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Try not to take what I said literally. I mentioned that Blizz will more than likely nerf it, some discussion was mentioned about "Dark Intent too much of a pain, lets remove it" and that being translated to Symbiosis (if you think about it, it's weird to axe Dark Intent and then hand out a complicated spell like this). I mentioned (Personal opinion) that it may not make it to live (early iteration of beta, things subject to change A LOT, etc) but that was based on the Dark Intent topic, and my opinion; not based off of fact or "insider information".

At any rate, if it was known that blizzard was to remove the spell, I'm pretty sure they would have done it by now
    Ah thanks for the reply man =D Been watching your stream most of the past two days. (Those warlock animations were insane btw)

I think it will make it live, but severely nerfed. I don't think a lot of the things on the list right now will make it live (Priests getting tranq will, in my opinion, TOTALLY get removed) and it will be a purely utility talent. People will get things like hand of Sac, Chains of ice, Roots, maybe some def cooldowns like barkskin etc, but nothing huge like tranq.

If the tranq thing does go live, I want something much more than Life grip back off those damn priests though lol like Barrier/hymn/PS =D
    Last edited by Thorim; 2012-03-24 at 05:46 AM.

none of this makes any sence.. its all wrong.. you gave the abilities to the wrong classes
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

Bah I'd hoped we rogues would get stampeding roar. Cause you know. I need a fourth sprint. Worgen rogue engineer =o)

10+ Year Old Account
    The boomkin ones are looking terrible. Particularly warlocks (soul shatter? seriously?) and hunters (misdirect?) keep threat crap out of here.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

surely boomkins are gonna want recklessness right?

i could use another enrage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    The boomkin ones are looking terrible. Particularly warlocks (soul shatter? seriously?) and hunters (misdirect?) keep threat crap out of here.
    Hi, me pulling threat in LFR because PUG tanks are bad would like to have a word with you. I'd love soul shatter for fights like Ultraxion, because tanks can't learn how to taunt. We've been complaining about an agro drop for YEARS and we finally have one, and you complain?

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 06:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    surely boomkins are gonna want recklessness right?

i could use another enrage.
    Hi, would you like to be my new best friend and personal raiding buddy?

Looks like the Warrior enrage was changed, too, so this is the only way for you to get the 'current' enrage back.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-03-24 at 06:18 AM.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Hi, me pulling threat in LFR because PUG tanks are bad would like to have a word with you. I'd love soul shatter for fights like Ultraxion, because tanks can't learn how to taunt. We've been complaining about an agro drop for YEARS and we finally have one, and you complain?

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 06:12 AM ----------

Hi, would you like to be my new best friend and personal raiding buddy?

On a 2 minute cooldown, and the reasoning behind it being someone is not properly playing their class? Seems like a stupid reason for essentially making giving a warlock symb. irrelevant in every imaginable setting.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    On a 2 minute cooldown, and the reasoning behind it being someone is not properly playing their class? Seems like a stupid reason for essentially making giving a warlock symb. irrelevant in every imaginable setting.
    Whether someone can play their class or not is irrelevant. I don't want to die. On certain threat sensitive fights, I'd love to have it. Being threat capped sucks.

And if I'm not threatcapped, I couldn't care what warlocks give me. I'm going to give mine to my new warrior buddy, asharia. He'll enjoy enrage, I'll enjoy recklessness.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre